3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

New injectors- maybe?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New injectors- maybe?

So I think that my injectors are starting to go due to the fact that it seems like it cranks over forever till it starts. I remember reading some where that you can send your injectors to Don and he can rebuild them instead of buying new ones. I was looking at his website the other day though and it said that you have to already have his injectors though. So, would it be ok if I got flux 1s even though I only have an intake and exhaust and no performance boxes? I also remember reading about different tips that you can put on. Would that help? Do I need a box to support those to? I don't really want to put a performance box or a programmer on it cause I don't think the stock 47RE can handle it. I really want to do a tc and vb with a smarty but there are not enough funds available. Thanks
Old 06-03-2008, 10:26 AM

Flux 1

The Flux 1 injectors would be great for your setup. They are a moderate performance injector about 40 HP and you could see a slight mileage increase, no box necessary, hence no footprint if you go in for warranty work on your transmission or something non-critical engine related. I am looking into these for my rig as I believe they will fit my towing application perfectly. I run a moderate box and am looking for better towing manners and not sled pulling.

L8r,........dogger
Old 06-03-2008, 10:27 AM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hard starts "can" be the injectors. We could test them and be certain. If the injectors test ok, we only charge a small bench test fee and you can begin a search elsewhere for the problem.

The Flux 1's on the 03-04 engines run less temperature than a stock injector, so you can certainly run them without a box. Gauges are a good idea for all trucks though.

If the injectors are failing, we can repair them better than new from the factory.

Currently our website and email is caught up in the internet server, data center explosion that happened in Houston on Saturday. So access to our site is down. We hope to be back up this week, but it is out of our control. Some electrical switch gear damage is being repaired now.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Banned

The hard to start issue can be several things like programming, fuel pressure, or maybe injectors. With replacing injectors being the most expensive I think I would do them last.

I would check your lift pump pressure, and see is the lift pump is bad or running low pressure. You should also try to find someone with a Smarty and load a program, then unload it right back off to get the most recent software update.

A FASS fixed the problem on my truck, until I tried a POS Diablo programmer, and it started doing it again, but once I loaded the Smarty back on I had no problems after.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:46 PM

Is there a way to test the lift pump without getting gauges? I will be getting them in the near future but this problem needs to be addressed now. I think my truck has the original lift pump on it and i'm at 120,000 miles. I got it used with 108k so I don't know for sure. The reason I think it is the original lp is cause it is behind the fuel filter canister and if it was replaced it would be in the tank right?
Old 06-03-2008, 10:26 PM

You can get a FP test kit from Harbor Freight for like $10, and just buy a tapped banjo bolt to hook the gauge to at the CP3. The first thing I would try is to find a Smarty and update your software, that is the easiest and fastest, besides its free.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:50 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
By chance have you done the 3 key on off trick leaving it on the last time to check for any codes? I would do that first.