3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

New HTT 64/71/13 at the Track

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by staarma
Well...I just got my 62/71/13 ss handed to me by the UPS guy, along with my new Predator. I'm hoping to use the predator to get rid of TM down low and then use the Hot Juice/EZ to fuel mid and top. Diablo is building some pretty sweet custom tunes with no timing, less timing, etc. They are extremely proactive with their customer requests. I think if you could get a tune where the TM was minimized so your low end would fuel harder I bet you could spool that 64 to no end. Also, about the manifold, I have the ATS and I'm glad. Once I felt how much heavier the 13 ss is over my HTB2 I would not want to hang that off of the stocker for any amount of money. Just my .02
The U7131 (06-07 Predator Tuners) do not have the option of custom tunes. The memory space in the units are completely full as they are. If you don't have an '06 or newer though, you've got it made with the Diablo Sport Predator.....
Old 07-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by staarma
I would call them. When they built mine I asked for the wastegate to open at 45 PSI so that's where they set it.
FWIW, Dave mentioned they usually set the WG at 45psi with the 71mm wheel.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:35 PM

Well good for me and not so good for the 06-07 guys. I'm sure Diablo will figure something out though.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Banned

tried ajusting actuater pain in the ho ha anly got about four turns out of it we'll see what happens
Old 07-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Banned

Well, I went to Home Depot and got a small flat-jawed pair of vise grips. Put them on in the parking lot and took the highway home. Hit 38psi and only 1400* getting on the highway! I think it has some more boost in it because I didn't have the boost fooler on at the time. I think it was the Smarty 4.4 version limiting the boost to 38psi.

I tried getting it to spool while staging and it did actually build 6psi this time. Still took a good 7-10 seconds with the pedal floored to get there though. It was also continuing to build boost, I just couldn't stand to hold it there any longer to find out how much.

Better, but I still can't spool it fast enough to stage at the track...
Old 07-12-2007, 08:06 PM

Well I hope you get this all figured out cause I just sent my sledpuller 66 in to upgrade to a pro street 66/71/16 stainless. I hope the stainless is all its cracked up to be since I went with the 16cm housing. If its real laggy I will be a little upset.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Banned

Might of had a break through here!

Quick question. Which direction does the rod travel when the WG opens? Does it move towards the actuator or towards the WG/turbine housing?
Old 07-12-2007, 08:38 PM

Boost pressure will push the rod out of the actuator towards the turbo.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jrussell
Might of had a break through here!

Quick question. Which direction does the rod travel when the WG opens? Does it move towards the actuator or towards the WG/turbine housing?
well the waste gate is set low. i'm getting a contious 42 psi nowso that was are problem. turn your 13mm box rench towards the engine to have the actuater open at more boost .it is a pain but I figured it out. remember shorten the rod for more boost
Old 07-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bluechrome
well the waste gate is set low. i'm getting a contious 42 psi nowso that was are problem. turn your 13mm box rench towards the engine to have the actuater open at more boost .it is a pain but I figured it out. remember shorten the rod for more boost
I got about 1/16 of a turn on that nut and can't get the wrench on it again.

I think I figured out the problem and it's almost too embarrassing to admit. It looks like the actuator was bent upwards slightly during the install. I think it was enough to either push the WG open or allow it to open way too early. I bent it down a little and a lot of the lag and smoke went away. EGT's at 70mph are down about 50-100* and the highest I could hit was 1450. Still seems like it's not exactly right yet because clamping the line got me that extra 6psi of max boost and I'm still having trouble getting it spooled while powerbraking. It will build, but sooooo slow I'm afraid to hold it that long. Pretty sure it needs a new actuator/bracket and to have the WG set on the bench.

Guess I'll be pulling it and reinstalling again shortly.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by jrussell
I got about 1/16 of a turn on that nut and can't get the wrench on it again.

I think I figured out the problem and it's almost too embarrassing to admit. It looks like the actuator was bent upwards slightly during the install. I think it was enough to either push the WG open or allow it to open way too early. I bent it down a little and a lot of the lag and smoke went away. EGT's at 70mph are down about 50-100* and the highest I could hit was 1450. Still seems like it's not exactly right yet because clamping the line got me that extra 6psi of max boost and I'm still having trouble getting it spooled while powerbraking. It will build, but sooooo slow I'm afraid to hold it that long. Pretty sure it needs a new actuator/bracket and to have the WG set on the bench.

Guess I'll be pulling it and reinstalling again shortly.
That'll do it!! It would certainly result in your crazy lag. My II Silver 62 makes 48 psi below 2,000 RPM with just the smarty beta 4.4 and TS MP8 at 50%....stock injectors and CP3. My MAX EGTs in a full 1/4 mile pass is 1250 tops! Get the actuator corrected and bolt it back up...maybe it's still leaking after the fix you did. It shouldn't bend that easily though...at least not on my Silver 62. The preload that exists from the actuator on the wastegate flapper is pretty extreme. You cannot even think about removing it off the flapper w/o connecting my air compressor to the vacuum line and throwing some pressure at it to release the preload.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:06 AM

I told you guys not to get too upset about your turbos. i got to looking at mine and guess i did the same thing you did jrussel. i tried wrestling the turbo on with manifold still on and guess i bent or knocked my actuator out of adjustment also. problems solved now hitting 48 psi no problem now.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dieselram_04
I told you guys not to get too upset about your turbos. i got to looking at mine and guess i did the same thing you did jrussel. i tried wrestling the turbo on with manifold still on and guess i bent or knocked my actuator out of adjustment also. problems solved now hitting 48 psi no problem now.
Did you just bend it back and the problem was fixed?

I've tried bending mine back as far as I can but it still seems to be leaking some drive pressure. I really wish it could be changed without removing the whole turbo.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bluechrome
You sure your's isn't bent too? I think adjusting the WG might just help compensate for the amount it's bent. Take a close look and let us know.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:16 PM

i bent it down some and also adjusted the rod shorter so that helped a bunch!

Quick Reply: New HTT 64/71/13 at the Track