3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

New HTT 64/71/13 at the Track

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 10:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 07-11-2007, 11:02 PM
Banned

I can't figure out why the "Calculated Load" numbers are so random? Seems like all the other data is accurate but CL makes no sense.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:05 PM

Ours still spools slow next to stock, coming in around 1800 rpm, but it pulls like a son of a gun once it gets spooled. It makes a ton more power than stock as well. We did adjust the wastegate and went from about 31 to 35 psi with the hot juice. For some reason beta smarty or wild smarty+EZ did not feel as strong as the hot juice, don't ask me how. It definitely cools better than stock, we're just driving around town with OD locked out to be able to move on demand.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by bluechrome
I hope cause i'm very disapointed. my pyrometer hit 1500 with a wfo run and i hit that in the middle of third gear what's up with that? My stocker did just the same I thought that by me buying a new reputable turbo a would get rid of all the old problems I used to have!!!!!! and I'm fail to see it. If this keeps up Im putting the stocker back on. Seems faster "seem of the pants" just as much boost and same egts for a couple $$$$ less. sorry to complain so much but I was really looking forward to this thing and every body said its the correct turbo for me. If did more fueling mods the truck would just get to hot so that is not an option!!!!
THOUGHT THIS TURBO WOULD GIVE ME ROOM TO GROW HIGH TECH"
GUESS WHAT IT DOESN'T
Maybe you need a FASS pump or something comparable if you don't already, first drive it a hundred miles and see if it picks up. It's possible your not getting enough fuel to the cp3 and for the amount of air your getting. Mine runs 700-800 cruising at 75mph at around 5-10 lbs boost. Call or email a few different companies and see what they have to say. I talk to Dave at HTT he seems real knowledgable.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rowlrag
Mine runs 700-800 cruising at 75mph at around 5-10 lbs boost. Call or email a few different companies and see what they have to say. I talk to Dave at HTT he seems real knowledgable.
See, those are the kind of numbers I was expecting. 2psi and 900* at 70mph on flat ground seems crazy (that's what I'm seeing).

I'll definitely be heading down to HTT tomorrow to see what they have to say.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jrussell
See, those are the kind of numbers I was expecting. 2psi and 900* at 70mph on flat ground seems crazy (that's what I'm seeing).

what rpm are you when when this is going on?
Old 07-11-2007, 11:15 PM

You stocker had the electric wastegate right? Did you put on the jumper plug where you unplugged from the stock gate? I'd also try without the quad fooler, not sure if it will help, but on my friend's 05 and the HTT turbo with a TST the quad fooler hurt it pretty bad.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 53 ******
what rpm are you when when this is going on?
That's at about 1900 RPM. Even at 80mph I only see around 4psi of boost.

I've checked around for an exhaust leak but can't find any soot anywhere.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rowlrag
You stocker had the electric wastegate right? Did you put on the jumper plug where you unplugged from the stock gate? I'd also try without the quad fooler, not sure if it will help, but on my friend's 05 and the HTT turbo with a TST the quad fooler hurt it pretty bad.
Yes and yes. It did throw 2 codes the first time I started it up, but they haven't come back. I think they were related to the intake manifold pressure and temp.

Hard to imagine the BF would cause it. It worked fine with the stocker and since the HTT doesn't use the electric WG I don't see how it would interfere. I guess it's easy enough to remove and see for sure.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:22 PM

If I run just my Smarty on any level, which 7 is best on my 03, it's not real impressive, but wot max egt is 1200. Smarty on 7 stacked with my mp8 it's ALOT quicker with max egt 1250-1300. Now, with Smarty and TST on the setting i posted earlier, WOW, but I can peg the egt guage at will with the TST turned up past 4-4, then it runs real hot (not crusing tho only wot) but you can feel the performance suffer too. Do you have a FASS pump or similar or stock?
Old 07-11-2007, 11:24 PM

Yes and yes. It did throw 2 codes the first time I started it up, but they haven't come back. I think they were related to the intake manifold pressure and temp.

Hard to imagine the BF would cause it. It worked fine with the stocker and since the HTT doesn't use the electric WG I don't see how it would interfere. I guess it's easy enough to remove and see for sure.
Try it won't hurt anything, I do know the Quad instructions said not to use with add on boxes, but I don't know if that includes downloaders.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:25 AM

jrussel and bluechrome i also had boost issues once i swapped my 64/13 on and i was only hitting 28 psi of boost. i guess these turbos have actuator problems. pinch your waste gate hose and take it for a spin. i swapped in a boost elbow and am now hitting 38psi boost.before i could brake torque it and couldnt build over 3-4 psi. found out my wastegate was opening right off the bat and was bleeding all my drive pressure off. so before oyu guys get too mad and put your stock turbos back on pinch the wastegate hose with some small visegrips and go for a drive. you will come back smiling!
Old 07-12-2007, 06:55 AM
wap

This is strange, it seems a lot of people are havein problems spooling these new HTT turbos. I have zero problems with my old SPS66, so Mark, no the 64 and 66 mm turbos are not bad to spool. And though my 66 is A LOT better than stock I can peg my EGT guage on a WOT run.

J if you where closer I would be glad to let you try mine out. All I have been runnin lately is smarty on 5 or 7 with the tst on 2/0 and no spool problems at all. It is a bit laggy but once it lights (wich doesnt take long) it take off like a rocket.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:17 AM

Thanks reply Will.

hey Justin I know someone else suggested you clamp the wastegate hose...and I thought you said it was the same story when you did....so did clamping it not work???
Old 07-12-2007, 10:46 AM
wap

I would like to clarify that IMO with proper fueling they are not hard to spool. And this is also largly opinio based too, wich I am sure you understand. And as we have all read numerous times personal preferance and the diff in a stick and auto will play a large roll in how one spools.

Quick Reply: New HTT 64/71/13 at the Track