3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

new here, looking to buy a 03 ctd

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new here, looking to buy a 03 ctd

hello there, im coming from the world of Ford. i have always loved ford, but, i love the CTD more, and i miss my old dodge 1500 318. im looking around trying to find a 03 2500 CTD. i am wanting to do some performance upgrades, and i am planning on going with a manual tranny. what tranny would you recommend for normal use, 5 speed or 6 speed, i dont tow much, but i want to have great get up and go around town. also is it only the HO that have the 6 speed, and what differences are there between SO and HO? i know i will lose time racing cause of manually shifting, but i would rather replace a slipping clutch, than a slipping tranny.

i am planning dual exhaust(rear exit), pmcr, gauge pod, intake.

what intake do you guys recommend. also with the pmcr would i need to upgrade the fuel delivery system, pump, lines, etc. and would i need to do anything to the turbo.

kenneth jacoby
Old 02-13-2005, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome! The HO has a six speed as far as I know. The SO is rated at over 50hp less (can't remember exactly how much. The HO has more oil cooling for the pistons. Get the HO. The six speed is good for about 100-120 hp before a better clutch is needed. There is a wealth of info on here from the guys running the TST. To get the most out of it you will need a better fuel pump and bigger turbo but a lot of power can be had with the stock equipment - just have to hold back the urge to turn it up. It is the biggest HP box (timing/duration) especially when stacked with a pressure box. You might want to look at the edge attitude box also. It's good for about 120 hp on a stock truck and egts no higher than 1300.