3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

The new Dodgezilla..........

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do all the '08s have the updated G56 with shorter OD (6th gear)?
Old 04-02-2008, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by abc4yew
Dzilla....Have you burned a full tank yet?....if you did you will be looking at Smarty I imagine for his Euro program that boosts mileage and lowers emissions....I don't know anyone driving normal with a 6.7 and getting over 14mpg. All the best on the new rig...Kerry

I was wondering about the euro smarty, friends got a 6.7 and is not impressed with milage
Old 04-03-2008, 04:23 AM

I don't think anyone is impressed with the mileage on the 6.7s. Mine is actually down a bit this last tankful to about 12.5mpg. Hopefully when we get back to the summer blend fuel the mileage will go up a bit.....
Old 04-03-2008, 11:52 AM

Looks like a work truck.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:13 PM

Right you are. I don't mind that......
Old 04-03-2008, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by CARR
Looks like a work truck.
looks can be deceiving... actually a nice truck. kinda big and bulky but hey. what do you expect.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:24 PM

No there is nothing wrong with that at all.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:36 PM

I HAVE ALWAYS BEING A BIT OF A SPEED ADDIC, 454 LS6 450 HP,MY BABY!! MY 5.9 IS A HOOT driving,the problem is how far do you take it.Did you get to the point that it never ends,a stock 6.7 sounds a bit boring when you can put the 5.9 on 5 and cruise like a v8.CURIOUS.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:37 AM

Good questions and yes it just never ends. My 07 was a great truck. In stock form it gave me absolutely no problems but when I tried to modify it there was just one problem after another. Nothing serious but just pesky problems that would really irritate me. I had it up to 450hp/870tq and it ran great for a while. I had a CON OFE clutch put in to handle the power and all seemed well. Eventually all those pesky issues drove me to put the truck back totally stock which was MUCH slower than my stock 08. Once I went back to stock it seemed that I had to shift alot more just due to the lack of power and this began killing my legs to the point where I didn't want to drive it anymore. I considered putting the stock clutch back in but it was really not worth the hassle as I was getting tired of dealing with a dually too. I had two options at this point. Park my 07 truck and get something else to drive or let the truck go and get me another automatic truck. I have been driving trucks for so long that getting a commuter car just wasn't going to make me happy. The logical choice was to lose my behind once again, and trade it in on a new truck. I decided that if I was getting a new truck that I was getting one that was decked out with everything I wanted and I searched for quite a while. I looked at a couple 5.9 Megas but I could never find exactly what I wanted. I ended up with this truck and by now "MOD FEVER" which runs rampant around here has completely gone from my mind. I don't care about driving fast anymore and could care less about making more power than the next guy. These new 6.7s make some really nice stock power and it's plenty for me.
Is it boring? Not really. It's the Mega Pimp Van.......
And I'm a motorhead from way back too. I've built some bad MOPAR musclecars in the past but I think alot about the future now and buying all that performance stuff is just like throwing $$$ in the trash can. It is fun though......
Old 04-04-2008, 06:32 AM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Hey Mike just remember you are always free to wrench on my truck if you get the urge . I am having a hard time justifying the big truck that sits in my front yard most of the time due to fuel costs. Buisness is slow and I dont really need it but I just cant let her go. I went the other route and bought another Jeep for DD . You made the right choice going auto, srw for your drive. I like everything but the rims, but hey whos the idiot rolling on 22.5s. Nice truck and glad you stayed with us Cummins diesel freaks.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
Good questions and yes it just never ends. My 07 was a great truck. In stock form it gave me absolutely no problems but when I tried to modify it there was just one problem after another. Nothing serious but just pesky problems that would really irritate me. I had it up to 450hp/870tq and it ran great for a while. I had a CON OFE clutch put in to handle the power and all seemed well. Eventually all those pesky issues drove me to put the truck back totally stock which was MUCH slower than my stock 08. Once I went back to stock it seemed that I had to shift alot more just due to the lack of power and this began killing my legs to the point where I didn't want to drive it anymore. I considered putting the stock clutch back in but it was really not worth the hassle as I was getting tired of dealing with a dually too. I had two options at this point. Park my 07 truck and get something else to drive or let the truck go and get me another automatic truck. I have been driving trucks for so long that getting a commuter car just wasn't going to make me happy. The logical choice was to lose my behind once again, and trade it in on a new truck. I decided that if I was getting a new truck that I was getting one that was decked out with everything I wanted and I searched for quite a while. I looked at a couple 5.9 Megas but I could never find exactly what I wanted. I ended up with this truck and by now "MOD FEVER" which runs rampant around here has completely gone from my mind. I don't care about driving fast anymore and could care less about making more power than the next guy. These new 6.7s make some really nice stock power and it's plenty for me.
Is it boring? Not really. It's the Mega Pimp Van.......
And I'm a motorhead from way back too. I've built some bad MOPAR musclecars in the past but I think alot about the future now and buying all that performance stuff is just like throwing $$$ in the trash can. It is fun though......
Zilla, I have to 1000% agree with you here. I contemplated trading my truck in on a new one, but I have decided to keep mine for awhile longer because I can't afford to lose my behind on a new one. I am at the point now where I don't care about making more power or going faster than the next guy. I am more interested in keeping the truck safe and reliable and using it a little more. I had a pretty wicked '96 Cobra a few years ago and it became so unreliable that I put it back to stock and sold it. I'm afraid my truck will get that way, so it will stay how it is for now.

BTW, I finally put those rims on the truck and they look awesome. Thanks again.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:07 PM

Your 07 was one of the sweetest Dually I have ever seen in person. Good luck with the new one.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:39 PM

My 06 has being a super truck and i tow a fair bit,i was thinking of putting a NADP TRANS and leaving it at that.I don,t flog it and would like to keep it reliable for a lot of miles.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:05 AM

Patriot2500, if I had kept those rims they would be on this truck right now..
Black Pearl, Thanks man.
Alboy, there's nothing wrong with that. I was scared of getting a new 6.7l but the new 6-speed auto just doesn't seem to be causing any problems for anybody so that's why I decided to stop looking for a used 5.9 and just go new. It's scary buying a used diesel because you just never know why the last owner got rid of it. We have all read about the issues these trucks have and I decided to pay more money but have the piece of mind of a new vehicle with a warranty and I don't plan on messing with that warranty.....
Old 04-05-2008, 07:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I wouldn't be afraid of the 6.7L. We have 3 of them in the family, all '07 models, and they are doing great. Well, except for the fuel economy part. One of them is approaching 40k miles now.

I'm also wondering about Mad's Electronics Euro Module.

MikeyB

Quick Reply: The new Dodgezilla..........