3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

new

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new

hello all, posted my intro in the genIII general forum... I have been strokin' for 215,000 miles basically trouble free (the **** cup holder broke )I really dig my new to me 03 2500 4x4 quad w/43,000 miles. I have the warm pass. side air condition thing, but this site has helped me form a game plan to get it resolved soooo a big thanks!!!!

I miss my 6spd, but the cummins power in the stock form makes it all better . I want to do the silencer ring thingy get a AFE stage II with 5" MBRP exhaust with muff delete, LOUDDDDD is cool for these west virginia hills ...getting a full set of guages including a fuel pressure gauge(for later mods) and calling it done until the powertrain warranty runs out or Dodge replaces it's last auto tranny then it will be suncoast time.

I also want a module, not a downloader???right??? that won't let the service manager be wise to my antics... Let me know which one is the forum favorite. TIA sorry so long but happy to be a cummins owner and happy there are cool sites like this out there, Tony
Old 09-19-2006, 07:25 PM

Congrats on your new to you truck. Lots of different modules and stacks you can run I run the Van Aaken w/ Quad race can be a kittle hot not to bad w air and exhaust mods just watch your temps also supposed to help by advancing timing you can do the tone ring mod or buy the roktech sensor
Old 09-20-2006, 06:36 AM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You will get 100 differant opinions, I would sit back and read for a while and not get too trigger happy about the mods just yet until you KNOW what is right for you. And if a module such as quad or tst is taken off before you go to the dealer it SHOULD be undetectable but I suppose anything is possibe.

However, except for the smarty I think all downloaders are detectable.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:10 AM

thank you

thank you for info so far, I heard a cummins last week that was straight piped and I am betting had other mods, that thing sounded like a old Mack R model when it took off....I had to buy a Cummins after hearing that... the largest thing I tow is my rock krawler Jeep wrangler and mine and the boys ATV"s so nothing heavy that should be concern.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:53 AM

Welcome no one here can agree on one 'box, module, downloader, chip, etc'. I was a little surprised as well that there is no clear answer. It is very frustrating! Read a lot and in the end everyone here says make your own decision. I was used too on other car/truck forums everyone agreeing on one setup as the best. My old 7.3 everyone agreed on the same setup, toyotas, BMW's, Porsche etc. everyone used typicaly one basic setup to build on here you will not find that, everyone swears by what they use... to me that says this engine can basically work with anything you throw at it... Seems many like the Smarty (downloader, not detectable) others like the TST/Edge/Quad stuff. You can read all day long but in the end you will just have to make the call because no single large enough group here can agree on anything... oh maybe one thing don't use K&N and the louder the better???

Old 09-20-2006, 11:13 AM

thanks

thanks subspd, I will read on....you are right about the powerstroke set-ups it seemed like everyone was convinced of one programmer, then fought like rabid animals if anyone disagreed on the forum. anyways glad to be out of that world...

you are right on the noise thing, but I live well outa of the "city" limits, plus I like to roar pass the guy who lives down the hill from me after I get off afternoon shift, it's a personnal victory thing, he receipricates (sp?) by turning on his Jake brake on his tri-axle coal bucket when he goes past the house while I am in bed and he is headin home for lunch ....

what can I say this is how we amuse ourselves in West Virginia
Old 09-20-2006, 11:25 AM

Hey WVKrawler, Welcome the land of OZ, the wizard will be with you in just one moment.
I would say that the edge stuff is the best, They have the coolest stickers!!!!!
Old 09-20-2006, 12:20 PM

Welcome, check out the classified section and buy something used for cheap, if you don't like it, you diddn't pay full price. IMHO
Old 09-20-2006, 01:11 PM
wap

One thing I think most would agree on is if you plan on makin big hp, the best foundation would be a tst, after that prolly an edge HOT juice, but either way youll end up stackin a downloader in there somewhere such as a bdtd or smarty.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:25 AM

thanks

thanks for all the replies...I am not looking for competition type power. I just want to put a grin on my face as I blast up the long hill to my house. reliability is important because I drag my jeep junk out west once or twice a year. Nobody in these parts are into mods so I would like just enough to stomp stock d-maxes and strokes
Old 09-21-2006, 07:20 AM

dont forget to put your truck specs in your signature line.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:51 AM

ok

truck and heep specs posted. was just on the BD Diesel site their programmer with someday stackable module seems decent anybody with these products out there???
Old 09-21-2006, 09:18 AM

Edge for a mostly stock truck and TST for a truck that someday you might want to race... my .02
Old 09-21-2006, 04:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For what you want, I'd recommend a QuadZilla box.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:41 PM

in my opinion,, if I had it all to do over, I would go with the ppe exhillerator. up to 215 hp and 325 tq at the rear wheels,, quick programming. And I have talked to a couple of dyno owners and they say those numbers are real world. The nice thing about running a unit like the edge or something equivalent, is that you dont have to go and blow a bunch of extra money on guages if you are just going to be a light user

Kevin

Quick Reply: new