3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

New 10 lug 22.5" Alcoas are on and Awsome

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well the truck looks great but

my buddy has a white dodge dually on 24" wheels with chromewheel adapters and it broke off tearing up the side of his truck

then about 5 months ago where i used to work our company truck was a f350 harley davidson look alike with 24" 18 wheeler wheels and it started shakin real bad when i was drivin it so i took it back and another guy got in it drove 100 yards and the adapter broke off his to!

if you got the aluminum adapters from them! TAKE THEM BACK!!!!!

get steel ones if you didnt do that already!

btw i hope to get some 19.5s or 22.5 when i lift mine nothin better than100k mile tires
Old 02-24-2006, 02:44 PM

The white dually in the first post is mine...... I have since removed the wheels because they were horrible for towing my race boats. They look cool but the reality is they tow like crap, you never really balance the wheels just get close and with out a 6 inch suspension lift they will rub. I used the KORE springs in front and blocks but still rubbed. Bernie at Chromewheel was super nice and he delivered on time and as promised. I would have no fears about buying from him again. I am on my way to pick up my '06 3500 drw in an hour.....
Old 02-24-2006, 03:17 PM

I just have 2" leveling spacers on the front of mine and don't have any rubbing issues. On the rear, the inner tires barely clear the springs and they may touch a very small part of the plastic inner fender. This rubs so little that you can barely tell unless you are looking for it. FYI. These are 255/70's which I belive are the lowest profile you can get. Tires at this size can vary about an inch depending on manufacturer even if rated same size.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:34 PM

Have the tires rotated on the rims 180 degrees...rebalance and then go drive...one at a time.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:07 AM

Well the problem IS with the factory hub as I thought a while back. I pulled the factory wheels out of storage and stuck them back on...sure enough they bounce up and down too. I guess it just isn't as noticeble with the smaller/lighter/narrower tires. You can feel the vibration but it is not near as bad with the factory tires. I am taking into Dodge to see what they say. Surely this isn't within there specs since you can visually see the tires going up and down when on jack stands.

So if you have aftermarket wheels/tires and have a vibration you may want to check the hubs. FYI. These aren't worn out; the hubs just weren't made concentric from the factory.....this is a brand new truck!
Old 02-28-2006, 09:59 AM

I just got back from a camping trip and towed my 5er (10k lbs) over to the coast, only a few hills on this trip and a couple of steep short hills but what I noticed is if you are going to run 22.5" wheels or any tire approx 36" tall and you have 3.73 gears, i think it would be best to do itwith a 6 speed truck and not an automatic or a 5 speed like mine, I have no intentions of removing the 22.5" wheels instead I choose to just add more power (Bigger Turbo,injectors & Fass ) I noticed if I didn't rev it high enough before I shifted the rpm would drop down to 1200 to 1500rpm although I now tow at 65mph in 4th gear instead of 5th and i do like that part=cooler EGTs and right in the power range of 4th gear, my MPG while towing is down about 1.5 to 2 mpg when Towing although when not towing i am up 4 mpg. With my somewhat agressive driving habits I would average between 14.5 and sometimes 16 mpg with stock tires and wheels, so far now with the new 22.5" tire set up,I have averaged 20.7 mpg on a 80% freeway trip,and 18.8mpg on a normal around town and some freeway tank of fuel and yes these are hand calc numbers. I am now at 1500rpm @ 55mph and 1750rpm @ 65mph in 5th gear
So in conclusion I dont tow every weekend etc and I actually have to use my 1st gear now when taking off but the gearing difference is not enough to bother me, so if anyone is thinking of doing this or something similar I would recommend 4.10 gears and a 6 speed to reduce any gearing loss