3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Neoprene Seat Covers (CoverKing)

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neoprene Seat Covers (CoverKing)

What do the Neoprene covers feel like when sitting on them? Are they rubbery and make you sweat? When exiting the truck do you stick? I am thinking about CoverKing. Any suggestions? Don't really want to spend $400 covering seats I already paid for but with summer and kids it might be worth it. Thanks.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:57 PM

Ive got neoprene Wet Okoles. They dont get cold or hot (if its hot out, i sweat no matter what unless the a/c is on full blast) and they dont stick to you at all.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:10 PM

I have CoverKings, and the same as what Boz007 says, plus, a little extra padding too.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:57 PM

I love my neoprene covers. Never stick and they add some much needed padding to my 06.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:16 AM

Good call, i forgot about the extra padding.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:10 AM

Just did it....I ordered my Coverking Neoprene Black/Charcoal. I hope I made the right decision. I was going back and forth between these and the cheaper tweed. Wife made the final decision "I like the two tone ones." Luckily so did I :-) I ordered from www.coverkingcovers.com for $200 with free shipping. I thought about Costco but by the time I paid non-member fee, tax and shipping it was about the same price. I hope it does not take long to get them. Thanks for your help.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:18 PM

The back seat covers also fit very well from CoverKing...I got mine a month later than the fronts. Something to consider.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wade234
What do the Neoprene covers feel like when sitting on them? Are they rubbery and make you sweat? When exiting the truck do you stick? I am thinking about CoverKing. Any suggestions? Don't really want to spend $400 covering seats I already paid for but with summer and kids it might be worth it. Thanks.
I want some good covers too. My seats all ready have spots from the 3 kids (and me). I hope they breathe here in the SoCal desert. I don't want to feel like I am sitting on Michael Jackson wrapped in plastic.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:52 PM

Show us your seat covers fellas!
Old 06-05-2007, 09:03 PM

What color did you go with? I want to order a set but am not sure what will look good with my Taupe interior and dark blue exterior. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:41 PM

so which are better, Ive been thinking about the Wet Okoles? Do the coverkings fit better or have better padding? What would be best for dogs? Do Lab hairs stick to neoprene? Sorry for the list of ?'s
Old 06-06-2007, 07:51 AM

Details from Cover King sales

Below is an email exchange I had with a sales rep before ordering. It was not with coverking.com directly but through a Gold partner (coverkingcovers.com). He does address the pet issue. Hope it helps. I ordered from a Gold partner hoping I would get them faster. He is still saying 3-4 weeks but I am hoping sooner.

Softest:
1. Neoprene
2. Velour
3. Tweed

Coolest Fabric:
1. Spacer Mesh
2. Velour
3. Tweed

Easiest to Clean
1. Yes Essentials
2. Neoprene
3. Tweed
4. Ballistic

Fits Good
1. Neoprene I think is the best fit we offer, because of the backing of the material, that keeps it from moving around the best.

Looks best on the seats:
1. Neoprene is the best looking because it takes you away from the factory look, or if you like the factory look the best, then Tweed would be the closest.

As you can see the fabrics all have different points in their favor, it all comes down to the area's you most care about.

Jerry Dannecker
www.coverkingcovers.com
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 11:29 AM
To: Jerry Dannecker
Subject: Re: Covers

It sounds like the Neoprene might not be the best material for me. I am looking for something that is comfortable, easy to clean, does not move around (fits good). I have kids so I am worried about spills and wet bathing suits? I am thinking the Ballistic might be a little to stiff and rough. Would the Spacer or basic tweed be better options? Thank you for all your help.

----- Original Message ----
Cc: Louise Pratt <lpratt@formyauto.com>; Kacee Weaver <kweaver@formyauto.com>
Sent: Monday, June 4, 2007 11:10:08 AM
Subject: RE: Covers

Hi Stephen, the Neoprene material is a wet suit material and while it can be the nicest looking seat covers, it will be hotter than other covers. If you might have animals in the vehicle, their nails can puncture the material and leave a hole. The fabric that will be the coolest to sit on is the Spacer Mesh, next would be the Ballistic, however neither is as soft as the Neoprene, or looks quite as good, so there is the trade offs. Once ordered the custom seat covers will be in production about 3-4 weeks or so. When the Seat Covers are removed at the end of their life, the seats will look like they did prior to the material being placed on the seats, no adverse reaction for the seat covers being applied.Thanks for the questions Stephen.

Jerry Dannecker
www.coverkingcovers.com
-----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 10:33 AM
To: sales@coverkingcovers.com
Subject: Covers

I am getting ready to order my CoverKing covers. I want to make sure I am purchasing the correct item for my truck.

Truck - 2006 Dodge Ram MegaCab 2500, Power Drivers with lumbar dial and back adjustment lever, Passenger only back adjustment lever, upper and lower consoles.

I need both front and back.

I am looking at the Neoprene. Is this a good choice if you have car seats in the vehicle? Once the car seats are removed does it return to the original shape? I don't want anything that will make the seat hot and sticky (stretch and shift) when sweating or wet. Is this a good material for my situration? I am looking at the black with charcol inserts. Is the black a real dark or more faded black? I am trying to match the stock Dodge gray interior.

After ordering how long does it take for delivery?

Thank you for your help.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by wade234
Hi Stephen, the Neoprene material is a wet suit material and while it can be the nicest looking seat covers, it will be hotter than other covers. If you might have animals in the vehicle, their nails can puncture the material and leave a hole. The fabric that will be the coolest to sit on is the Spacer Mesh, next would be the Ballistic, however neither is as soft as the Neoprene, or looks quite as good, so there is the trade offs. Once ordered the custom seat covers will be in production about 3-4 weeks or so. When the Seat Covers are removed at the end of their life, the seats will look like they did prior to the material being placed on the seats, no adverse reaction for the seat covers being applied.Thanks for the questions Stephen.
Man....The heat and pet thing is very surprising when it comes to neoprene. I'm looking for seat covers too and I started to really like the neoprene, but I have a lab. I guess I need to look at the ballistic? Wade234, did you get a response back from your last question about which covers to order in the front? I looked at the sit and the seat selection is a little confusing on the fronts. I have the same truck as you. Thanks.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:17 AM

Prior Coverking Post

Found the post I was looking for, with pictures, I believe CoverKings special "coding" is on page 4 of the post.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=116150
Old 06-06-2007, 09:53 AM

That is the configuration I used and they confirmed that it was correct. They only make one version for the back of a Mega so that is easy. I was either going with Tweed or Neoprene. The tweed looks nice until you looked at how it fit around consoles. It just did not mold as well. I just like the look of the Neoprene and I figure I will put a towel over or the dog can ride on the floor (more room anyway). I have never had leather in a car but my wife hates it. From what I have read it gets really hot in the summer. I have two young kids so stains are a big issue. Hope the information helps. For me it was a big decision - $400 a lot of money after just buying the truck and it is custom so issue with returns.

4o2o4o,W/botm levr ON UPHOLSTRY,W/dr bkrst ****,W/O pas bkrst ****,W/botm consl,W/top consl,W/powr dr

Quick Reply: Neoprene Seat Covers (CoverKing)