3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

need some help on deciding...

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need some help on deciding...

I've got some money saved up and want to spend it on my truck. I hopefully will sell my Triple Dog and Outlook combo at the 4x4 Jamboree Nationals in Indy next weekend. If I do that I'll be looking for another programmer and gauges. I never installed the Outlook and I do not have any gauges in the truck. I've been looking at the Quad Commander and it seems like a nice setup. Does anybody have any experience with it? Is it better than regular gauges on the pillar? I'd like to keep my handle if I can. It's really handy lol. Also, what programmer? I've heard Smarty, and that seems to be most everyone's choice. Does it recalibrate the speedo? How does it compare to the Bully Dog? I will probably also be in the market for a clutch. I plan on more mods in the future just not at the moment. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-15-2007, 02:11 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Out Back 4x4
I've got some money saved up and want to spend it on my truck. I hopefully will sell my Triple Dog and Outlook combo at the 4x4 Jamboree Nationals in Indy next weekend. If I do that I'll be looking for another programmer and gauges. I never installed the Outlook and I do not have any gauges in the truck. I've been looking at the Quad Commander and it seems like a nice setup. Does anybody have any experience with it? Is it better than regular gauges on the pillar? I'd like to keep my handle if I can. It's really handy lol. Also, what programmer? I've heard Smarty, and that seems to be most everyone's choice. Does it recalibrate the speedo? How does it compare to the Bully Dog? I will probably also be in the market for a clutch. I plan on more mods in the future just not at the moment. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Smarty and bullydog, dude there are people that will bark up every tree to tell you which one is best.. They are both good choices... Commander hands down for digital guages... I love mine... I also love my analog guages!!! soooo I have both!!!