3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Need Help On what Road Armor Bumper to buy

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help On what Road Armor Bumper to buy

I had a Tough Country bumper and sold it! Now I want a Road Armor for my 06 Mega cab. I like the lonestar and also really like the stealth Series Bumper with Titan II Guard. Please I need some feed back on them both I need to place my order on it this week I found them at a good price. The second photo is the new lonestar

Old 12-09-2006, 11:45 PM
Banned

Lonestar!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2006, 12:05 AM

Titan II!!! I had the Atlas II on my H2!! Gotta love the "full cage" look!!!
Old 12-10-2006, 12:23 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really like the stealth series bumpers but I got the "prerunner" one for the diesel so I would have somewhere to mount my lights.

I've hit a lot of deer and trees and rocks with the 2nd gen and it holds up great, except the powder coat job that Road Armor did SUCKS.

I haven't hit anything with the diesel yet but I'll probably whack a few deer this winter and spring. At worst, my KC's will get hit and I'll have to re-aim them.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:47 AM

I like the stealth series, and will be putting that on, even though I wish I had the prerunner to add the lights to. I just think that the bar in front will throw off the overall look of my truck since it's a dually. I like the prerunner on SRW's like your dj.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:30 AM
Jme

Originally Posted by djgaston
I really like the stealth series bumpers but I got the "prerunner" one for the diesel so I would have somewhere to mount my lights.

I've hit a lot of deer and trees and rocks with the 2nd gen and it holds up great, except the powder coat job that Road Armor did SUCKS.

I haven't hit anything with the diesel yet but I'll probably whack a few deer this winter and spring. At worst, my KC's will get hit and I'll have to re-aim them.

Very nice truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2006, 07:42 AM

Call me crazy but I don't like the look of first 2 that were posted.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:37 AM

Here is a link to some new comers to the market: www.fabfours.com
Old 12-10-2006, 08:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
look in the classifieds, there is a guy that was selling a prerunner one for very cheap that fits an 06. he is in dallas and it was brand new. I was gonna get it but it wont fit an 05.

also, www.monsterbumpers.com makes a good looking stealth bumper that is alot less money than the road armor and has the same look.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
I like the stealth series, and will be putting that on, even though I wish I had the prerunner to add the lights to. I just think that the bar in front will throw off the overall look of my truck since it's a dually. I like the prerunner on SRW's like your dj.
We looked at the pre runner first but just didn't like the pre runner bar part.. I priced it raw $1249.00. So I asked them about the, Titian II Guard, RAW the girl told me about $1,800 bucks for a raw one.. Lonestar is like $1500.00 bucks and it's a new product for Road Armor. Thanks for all the links on other bumpers but Road Armor has a lift time warranty! If I crash my truck and the bumper get damaged all I have to do is send it back to them and I get a new one free all I have to pay is shipping! That right their is worth the extra money! Plus the other guys copied Road Armor designs!
Old 12-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Banned

what was wrong with your tough country? i love mine

brett
Old 12-10-2006, 10:31 AM

my opinion, the lonestar lookes good. You get radiator protection in case of a roll over. Not that that is very likley, but i hear about it allot in the jeep area.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:55 AM

Can you order the Road Armor without all the Road Armor "advertisements"?

I understand they want there name out there but jeez!

I think their bumper is a very nice piece but would never consider buying it with all that junk on there. A simple raised logo or emblem conspicuously placed would be a huge improvement.

JMO
Old 12-10-2006, 01:22 PM

I like the Titan II, as you can see! I get a lot of compliments for this bumper!

Old 12-10-2006, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by LanceK
Can you order the Road Armor without all the Road Armor "advertisements"?

I understand they want there name out there but jeez!

I think their bumper is a very nice piece but would never consider buying it with all that junk on there. A simple raised logo or emblem conspicuously placed would be a huge improvement.

JMO
Yes for about $350 bucks they will cut it out I am going to go with the Titan II .. Will place the order monday.

what was wrong with your tough country? i love mine

brett

I just wanted something new!

Quick Reply: Need Help On what Road Armor Bumper to buy