3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Need help with Setting up buddys 6 spd

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hintz
Yes, its slow shifting and mine is only a little loud w/ the clutch pushed in. In neutral I cant here it above the engine. If I had the extra coin Id go w/ Haisley (which will be my next clutch) just for the fact I love to bang through the gears, and I hear that Haisley is extremely fast shifting for a DD.
Thats exactly what I've heard, and thats why I wanted it, just not many people have them to back that up. I like it cause it says its smooth and fast shifting, great for drag racing, and good for heavy towing. It should handle the HP I want too. I'm shooting for 600 or so
Old 10-14-2008, 01:41 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mcolectd
Sorry, not meaning to hijack, but I've got a clutch question too. Are the SBC DD 3250s loud at Idle? I've been looking at getting either that clutch or the DD Haisley street drag, and don't know which one to get. I heard the 3250 is slow shifting, and loud. I heard the Haisley is smooth fast shifting, pulls trailers great, and isn't loud, but it costs a lot more. I've been trying to make up my mind on the two for awhile, but I havn't really gotten any straight up facts to help me decide which one to get.
Yes, mine has some noise to it. Almost like a 2nd gen motor sounds. Like anything else though, I've gotten used to it.

I don't know how the Haisley (or Luk) could be much quieter, so long as it still have dual disks? I would also imagine that ANY DD is going to be slower shifting than a single, which of course we all know is considerable slower than an auto.......

Point being, if anyone is intending on building a race truck, the 6 speed is a bad starting point. At the same time (IMO) if you are looking to do a lot of pulling, the auto is not the best choice.

How much is the Haisley?
Old 10-14-2008, 02:20 PM

ofe for his applacation!!! everything else is overkill and a waste of $$$. ofe will hold 550+whp
Old 10-14-2008, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by P.J
Yes, mine has some noise to it. Almost like a 2nd gen motor sounds. Like anything else though, I've gotten used to it.

I don't know how the Haisley (or Luk) could be much quieter, so long as it still have dual disks? I would also imagine that ANY DD is going to be slower shifting than a single, which of course we all know is considerable slower than an auto.......

Point being, if anyone is intending on building a race truck, the 6 speed is a bad starting point. At the same time (IMO) if you are looking to do a lot of pulling, the auto is not the best choice.

How much is the Haisley?
Its over 2000, not sure exactly though. I'm not trying to build a race truck at all, but I enjoy going to the track and rowing through the gears. But I tow way more than I would go to the track. I miss my auto for the track part, but the 6spd is better for towing, and being a good reliable truck that doesn't require an empty bank account to have a tranny thatll hold your power. I'm just trying to decide if the haisley is worth about 8 hundred more than the SBC, or if I can just deal with the slow shifting and get used to it. Just how slow is it? I wish ****** would get on this one, cause I know he has the haisley I'm talking about
Old 10-14-2008, 02:59 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mcolectd
I wish ****** would get on this one, cause I know he has the haisley I'm talking about
It's pretty slow, not sure how to describe it, if you lived closer I'd let you take the truck for the day!

Seems like some gears are "notchier" than others, like it wants to wait to equalize longer or something.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:13 PM

Ok I got ya on the notchier gears, and the slow shifting.Kinda like driving one with a clutch thats going bad. See thats what I'm not wanting. If the haisley isn't like that, then I'll spend the extra on it. I'd love to drive trucks with both of em and see what I want, but I dont know anyone around here that has anything other than the ofe and the fe.