3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Need Help Chosing Downloader!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 02:50 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by morkable
I have just borrowed a triple dog,, put the crazy larry program in it. (Not sure bob why you cant,, went in just like pie) and I would still have to say that if I was just running one thing,, it would be the juice,, I am very excited about getting my hot juice,,, now,,, that crazy larry and hot juice is kind of whetting my whistle,, lol

Kevin
If you really ran Crazy Larry and still prefer your standard Juice for the power....You didn't run Crazy Larry!
Old 09-30-2006, 02:51 AM

crazy larry is definatley better on top,,,but down low the juice is better,, but I also have to remember, that I dont have any boost fooler right now,, since there isnt a juice on there

Kevin
Old 09-30-2006, 02:56 AM
Banned

crazy larry is definatley better on top,,,but down low the juice is better,, but I also have to remember, that I dont have any boost fooler right now,, since there isnt a juice on there

Kevin
Wow totally oposite of my results. Crazy Larry can walk all over a Juice...top or bottom. Crazy Larry is strongest down low and weaker up top because of no boost fooling.

Interesting.....

PS the new smarty software (software 2) on level 9 (170hp with timing) is the best thing i have ever had on my truck. Give it a shot!
Old 09-30-2006, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by dodgebowhunter
Hey guys thanks for the info!! I think I'm gonna go with the Bully Dog! Is there much difference between the power pup and the triple dog and can you use the power pup along with the outlook monitor?? Also what besides being able to use the triple dog on Ferd, Chevy, and Dodge is different about the two??
The triple dog is adjustable on the fly. You can run the power pup with an outlook, but it defuels via the map sensor. The triple dog will actually change the program back to stock while your driving. Also triple Dog is upgradable on the internet for free.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:10 AM

I have just borrowed a triple dog,, put the crazy larry program in it. (Not sure bob why you cant,, went in just like pie) and I would still have to say that if I was just running one thing,, it would be the juice,, I am very excited about getting my hot juice,,, now,,, that crazy larry and hot juice is kind of whetting my whistle,, lol

Kevin
You can load the crazy larry in your TD but it won't load on an 03/04 305hp engine. What you get instead is the extreme program. It's not crazy larry.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Smokeman
You can load the crazy larry in your TD but it won't load on an 03/04 305hp engine. What you get instead is the extreme program. It's not crazy larry.
Thats what i was thinking but didn't want to call it out.....

Theres DEFINITELY a huge difference in a standard Juice and Crazy Larry.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Smokeman

Yup, i have tried it as well and it will load but it is no different than running extreme. I talked with bullydog tech and he said yes it will load but it will recognize the 555 settings and only allow the same tune as standard extreme. I also agree with you 973604x4 if he was running CL he would forget all about juice..............
Old 09-30-2006, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by 973604x4
Wow totally oposite of my results. Crazy Larry can walk all over a Juice...top or bottom. Crazy Larry is strongest down low and weaker up top because of no boost fooling.

Interesting.....

PS the new smarty software (software 2) on level 9 (170hp with timing) is the best thing i have ever had on my truck. Give it a shot!
Hey 973604x4, Do you like the smarty better than the BDDL Triple Dog CL w/ Quads Boost Fooler? If so ,why?
Old 09-30-2006, 04:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mariner 250
Hey 973604x4, Do you like the smarty better than the BDDL Triple Dog CL w/ Quads Boost Fooler? If so ,why?
Bullydog Crazy Larry is fun but takes a while to spool. It made my tranny shift funny as well. I loved it at the time.....

Smarty on 9 (170hp with timing) and this new software #2 runs like crazy larry but better. Better throttle response, spool up, shifting is buttery smooth, no awkward gear hunting, revs smoother, EGTs cooler, and more. I can break the tires loose on cement at 30 mph.....its loads of fun...but loads of black smoke too. its great!
Old 09-30-2006, 05:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
get that thing on a dyno 170 is very conservative, its closer to 195
Old 10-01-2006, 12:28 AM

Diablo.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:44 AM

I didnt know that about the triple dog. That would explain why I didnt find it that exciting,, I also am finding that it makes my tranny shift funny too,, I am going to borrow the diablo and the ppe and test them too,, I sure wish my edge was back, I really miss driving my truck with it. I do like the features of the triple dog in comparison the power pup that I do own. I will keep you all posted as to how they all work,, I just wish I had a dyno here to get the hard facts, I am only going with seat of the pants.

Kevin
Old 10-01-2006, 12:55 AM
Banned

I didnt know that about the triple dog. That would explain why I didnt find it that exciting,, I also am finding that it makes my tranny shift funny too,, I am going to borrow the diablo and the ppe and test them too,, I sure wish my edge was back, I really miss driving my truck with it. I do like the features of the triple dog in comparison the power pup that I do own. I will keep you all posted as to how they all work,, I just wish I had a dyno here to get the hard facts, I am only going with seat of the pants.

Kevin
thats a disadvantage of the Bullydog...tranny acts funny...gear hunts a lot.

Using the Smarty it can gear hunt some depending on your right foot's location....but i have already learned to fix that. (tried building boost with the Smarty tonight....got to 10psi when it broke out in white smoke....and stayed whitesmokin for a 1/4 mile which was when i got worried and let off! )
Old 10-01-2006, 01:38 AM

so 97, are you going to stack the juice with the smarty? and if so,, what settings do you think that you will try?

Kevin
Old 10-01-2006, 02:46 AM

Well with a standard tranny the BdTd should be fine right? From what I have heard the standards will hold up better than autos right??? Also I have tried a Diablo and BDTD and it seems the BD has a little bit more pep..

Quick Reply: Need Help Chosing Downloader!!