3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Need Help Chosing Downloader!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help Chosing Downloader!!

Hey guys I need some help chosing a downloder and info on the best place to purchase one. I have narrowed it down to the Bully Dog Triple Dog and the Diablo Predator sport . Any info on the good and bad on both of these will be greatly appreciated!!
Old 09-28-2006, 08:09 PM

I have the Bully Dog power pup right now,, and I cant say that I have been terribly impressed, I am going to try the diablo as soon as I get my truck back,, and as soon as my edge gets back I am going to test them both with the hot edge. I think though that if I was starting all over I would have started with the edge, much nicer power than the bdog.

Kevin
Old 09-28-2006, 08:12 PM

Diablo, you wont regret it. Great fueling programs. Great to stack with later. If you like smoke, the extreme program is for you!!
Old 09-28-2006, 10:15 PM

I hope your boss doesnt get mad you are on this site instead of working right now. Please get something . I hate having to SMOKE you ALL the time!
Old 09-28-2006, 10:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Expand your view and consider a Smarty!
Old 09-28-2006, 10:54 PM
Banned

of those 2, bullydog.

consider the Smarty as well.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:23 PM

I have Dyno'ed the Diablo, PPE and the Triple Dog. The Diablo was the weakest by a long shot. The Triple dog was the best overall with the PPE right behind it.

I dyno'ed with twins and DDP 90HP injectors. The Triple Dog Dyno'ed 453 HP in tow, 493 HP in Performance and 505 HP in Extreme.

Tthe Diablo actually performed very poorly compared to the Triple Dog and PPE.

I also have a Smarty, I'd wait for a few updates before I would consider it right now. The timing rattle is extreme! Even with the Smarty set to no timing. It drove me crazy so I took it off the truck and I'm waiting for some updates. The Triple Dog with the "Low end throttle response" runs better that the Smarty.

Now remember I have the 555 engine so I don't get the benifit of the Crazy Larry program.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:35 PM

What kind of upgrades do you need for the smarty? Also what are the HP ratings that the smarty puts out? My brother has installed a Tripledog and it dramatically change his 03 truck!! I like the ease of installation and the outlook monitor!
Old 09-29-2006, 04:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am another vote for the Smarty. But, honestly I can't compare the others because I haven't run them on my truck.

I drove a friend's 05 truck loaded with a BD Triple dog and it would scream, but he didn't have any supporting mods and I felt like it was tearing it up.

I suggest you look at transmission upgrades, fuel pressure upgrades and maybe turbo upgrades if you want to run the higher settings on any of them.

The Smarty has 10 settings I think. Stock, 1/2 power, fuel economy mode, 30hp, 90hp, and 170hp.......and some others in between with and without added timing.

So far im just running the 90 hp setting and it will roll the coal and get with it pretty well, hopefully without hurting anything on my otherwise stock truck.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:42 AM

I'd say Smarty also. Every person that I've let borrow it is about to order one. Actually makes it a little bit hard to get back before their's come's in. I'd watch out with otherwise stock components though. I blew my 48RE out in 3 Days, but I was stacked with the TST and EZ.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:45 PM

Hey guys thanks for the info!! I think I'm gonna go with the Bully Dog! Is there much difference between the power pup and the triple dog and can you use the power pup along with the outlook monitor?? Also what besides being able to use the triple dog on Ferd, Chevy, and Dodge is different about the two??
Old 09-29-2006, 07:00 PM
Chapter President

Diablo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the way. I just got off the phone with the tech support a while ago. They can custom tune just about anything you want for that thing. I asked them if they could send their 200hp tune with some added fuel pressure for low-end response and they are working on this as we speek. When done, they said it should ba about a 250hp tune. And asked me if I wanted more!!!! I said let me try this 1st.

And for a price under $400 there is nothing out there that can compare in my oppinion.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by streetsmoker
Diablo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the way. I just got off the phone with the tech support a while ago. They can custom tune just about anything you want for that thing. I asked them if they could send their 200hp tune with some added fuel pressure for low-end response and they are working on this as we speek. When done, they said it should ba about a 250hp tune. And asked me if I wanted more!!!! I said let me try this 1st.

And for a price under $400 there is nothing out there that can compare in my oppinion.
I'd like to see the dyno sheet on that! Are they flywheel HP or ground HP? There is about 20% difference in the two.
Old 09-30-2006, 02:18 AM
Chapter President

Well, I can tell you that on the Dyno, they were also nearly identical. 514hp with BDPP, and 519 w/Diablo. I didn't do apples to apples testing with each by themselves as my dyno time was limited. But DmaxEter above was there and he used the Diablo in the stacker tune along with his BD X-Power box and nothing else to lay down the #'s in his sig. That is the reg. 160hp extreme tune. I have yet to try the 200+hp tune yet. I'm hoping that when they add the rail pressure they way I ordered, I won't have to stack anymore. That 50 extra hp they said will come from the added pressure, that normally doesn't come with. The Diablo is a timming duration only programmer.
Old 09-30-2006, 02:36 AM

I have just borrowed a triple dog,, put the crazy larry program in it. (Not sure bob why you cant,, went in just like pie) and I would still have to say that if I was just running one thing,, it would be the juice,, I am very excited about getting my hot juice,,, now,,, that crazy larry and hot juice is kind of whetting my whistle,, lol

Kevin

Quick Reply: Need Help Chosing Downloader!!