3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Need Help Asap !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help with Flashpaq 3805 ASAP !!!

I need help ASAP. My dad just bought a flashpaq 3805 for his 2007 Dodge 2500 megacab with the southern comfort package. It has the 5.9L engine. We installed the performance setting and it installed completely. I turned off the vehicle and unplugged the programmer has instructed. We then hooked it back up to check to see what other features we could turn on. I went in under the high idle function to see if it could be turned on. It told me that that particular feature could not be enabled at this time. Ok , thats fine. I then went to start the truck and it would not due a thing. I plugged the flashpaq back in and it says "cannot detect ignition on". I called and spoke to someone at Superchips and they walked me through a couple of things and then he put me on hold. He came back and said that I needed to ship in the programmer and the computer from the truck so they could look at it. I called back and they were closed for the day. The program installed fine. Is there not anything else that can be done before we take out the computer? He is sitting here with a $62,000 truck he bought Saturday and it now has 200 miles on it. Please help.

Thanks
Dustin
Old 02-19-2007, 04:58 PM

I've heard alot of people having problems with the flashpaq on 06-07 trucks, a buddy of mine put one on his 06 and he had downloaded a tune from there site for it, and it killed his truck like yours, he had to cough up $1800 for a new ECM fro DC..... good luck, i hope u aint gotta do the same
Old 02-19-2007, 05:51 PM

This is more for encouragement than anything. I botched a download yesterday with my Bullydog Power Pup and locked the truck up. Engine would crank but not fire. It was the longest 18 hours I have had in a long time, but the local Bullydog dealer used his Master Downloader to force a program onto my ECM. It worked like a charm. I don't know if your local dealer could do the same for you, like I started out with, I am more or less wanting to give you some hope. Yesterday I was bracing for the worst (buying a new ECM) and hoping for the best.

Later
Bill
Old 02-19-2007, 05:53 PM

Unhappy

Originally Posted by auSS/Tin
This is more for encouragement than anything. I botched a download yesterday with my Bullydog Power Pup and locked the truck up. Engine would crank but not fire. It was the longest 18 hours I have had in a long time, but the local Bullydog dealer used his Master Downloader to force a program onto my ECM. It worked like a charm. I don't know if your local dealer could do the same for you, like I started out with, I am more or less wanting to give you some hope. Yesterday I was bracing for the worst (buying a new ECM) and hoping for the best.

Later
Bill
We called the place we bought it and they said they didn't know what to do and had never heard of that. The radio and everything comes on.. All the lights on the instrument panel work etc but when you turn the key nothing happens.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Banned

get onto superchips hard. thats terrible. i will never own another sc product again and my experience was nothing near as bad as yours.

i didnt even know dodge made a truck that cost 62k. i saw a '08 f450 king ranch for 59k

hope it all works out and tell sc to shove sending the truck comp and programmer back to them. they can fix it. i have some dog poop you can drop in the package if you want...its just laying around too

brett
Old 02-19-2007, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by rustyshakelford
get onto superchips hard. thats terrible. i will never own another sc product again and my experience was nothing near as bad as yours.

i didnt even know dodge made a truck that cost 62k. i saw a '08 f450 king ranch for 59k

hope it all works out and tell sc to shove sending the truck comp and programmer back to them. they can fix it. i have some dog poop you can drop in the package if you want...its just laying around too

brett
I hadn't seen one either. I have only seen fords and chevy's with the "southern comfort package". The group buys the trucks and puts mods on them. It has a 5" lift, 20 " rims and is silver and inferno red. They put a billet insert on it. It is decked out to the max. The sticker price after the southern comfort package was 62k. It is a beautiful truck.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:36 PM

Is your dad in need of another son? Hehe!
Old 02-20-2007, 09:48 PM

Just to let everyone know what happened today...well I talked to superchips and they had me reupdate the flashpaq and try again. Well that didn't do anything either. So we took the computer off the truck and overnighted it and the flashpaq to Superchips. They say they will get receive it tomorrow and have it shipped back out tomorrow as well. So we will have them back on Thursday. They are supposed to uninstall the program and leave it set back on stock and then fix the flashpaq. They said we could've have gotten the truck reflashed at the dealership but with us not knowing if the performance program installed completely , we didn't want to take the chance of the dealership and them voiding the warranty. My dad is still not sure what he wants to do with the flashpaq. He bought it because the place he bought it said that it could not be detected and you can adjust the speedometer for larger tires since his truck came with 35's on it. They also told him that the BDTD can be detected now and that it wouldn't work on his truck. I looked online and the BDTD will work on 07's. He wants to tell superchips to fix his truck and then tell them to shove the flashpaq but he wants a programmer that can adjust for the tires. He is mad at the retailer because he called them when this all started and they said they didn't know anything about the Superchips. This after he went in to buy something they said the Superchips was great and they hadn't heard anything bad about them.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:04 PM

Talking

invest in the SMART CR you will not be disappointed
Old 02-20-2007, 10:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MAKIN'SMOKE
invest in the SMART CR you will not be disappointed
agreed.

smarty will fix his tire size AND make good power
Old 02-20-2007, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by 973604x4
agreed.

smarty will fix his tire size AND make good power
+1 For the Smarty, I run 35's with the smarty and love it, but my clutch isnt doing so well these days though.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by NoChrome
+1 For the Smarty, I run 35's with the smarty and love it, but my clutch isnt doing so well these days though.
Will the Smarty work on a 2007 with 5.9L?
Old 02-21-2007, 12:12 AM

I think that depends on if it is the 5.9 or the 6.7, I dont think that Marco has wrote one yet for the 6.7 yet, but I could be wrong.

Up here where I live a 63k truck is a good deal,, lol, I paid 50400 for my truck in 03

kevin
Old 02-21-2007, 05:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would have the dealer flash it for larger tires and throw out the the downloader. me no likee downloaders. if you want the extra power get a module that doesnt erase your ECM.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:51 AM
Banned

-1 for SC

+1 for smarty. ive had them both and the smarty is the better product. SC is detectable and it resets your key counter everytime you program it

brett

Quick Reply: Need Help Asap !!