3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Need help 06 5.9

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need help 06 5.9

I have tried everthing its not working . my truck started geting hard to start then would not start and if you got lucky and got it runing and let it idle it would die .took to dealer for a month they had it i called every day they came up with nothing . so they called DC they told them to check tank for dirt they said it had dirt when they droped it . they billed my insurance $8,900 for a new fuel system they said i had got a bad tank of fuel. every since they did the work my truck runs like **** with my chip edge juice /attitude . it ran fine befor the work was done and my mileage went from 20mpg to 12mpg when i pull my trailer the truck starts cutting out under hard acceleration . if i take the chip off then the truck run fine but still bad mileage. i have sent my chip to edge twice and i still have the same problem. 06 5.9 2500 4x4 megcab auto 32,000
Old 09-24-2007, 12:13 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It probably only had a single bad injector LOL and dodge doesnt want to admit that they have had problems with injector failures in our 06 07 trucks the dealer I use has had over 2k injector failures in the past year out of trucks. The dealer in town which i dont use they are crocks my brother also works for them they will try and pull that bad fuel crud all the time. They and diamler have finally figured out that if the insurance will cover it then why not. The service technicians have also figured out that they get paid nearly double time if they are working on a vehicle that isnt covered by warranty if its on the owner or insurances dime. I would have asked to see the drb test results showing me exactly what injector wasnt firing instead of replacing the cp3, lift pump, fuel rail, feed tubes and all injector lines and injectors. When it may not have needed but one injector. My boss had truck start sputtering and cutting out etc it did have bad fuel wat. in fuel light came on so they dropped the tank and said needed complete fuel system quoted 13k granted it is a 6.7L and parts are more expensive well once they realized that insurance was going to cover it they changed their tune too the truck needing a new motor but could provide no diagnostics to say why nor would they scope the block for bad cylinder/pistons. Quoted 24k for that. So i told him haul it to another dealer explain to them the problem they scoped the block. drb injector cutout test, and tested cp3 pump no problems so they cleaned tank and put new fuel filter in with clean diesel and the trucks been fine for 4 months now no problems and that was only a 1100 repair bill compared to 24k. What a difference and an honest dealer!!!!!