3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Need Facts! Remote Fuel Filters & Stock Lift Pump

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Facts! Remote Fuel Filters & Stock Lift Pump

I'm wanting to add a remote fuel filter setup to my 04.5 Dodge 3500 5.9 HO.
I have been reading other post about the remote fuel filter setup and I'm still not clear if it will work with the stock lift pump.

My truck is pretty much stock other then what you see in my Signature. I'm running the Baldwin PF7977 fuel filter in my stock fuel canister now. Can I also run a remote fuel filter setup>>(water separator/2 micron fuel filter) with my stock lift pump? I'm not going to do any major power up grades. I use my truck mostly to pull a 12,000 fifth wheel other then that I just drive it with pure enjoyment.

Or would be better to run a single remote fuel filter with the stock lift? If this way is better which filter would be best to use?

I think most of you will say that I need to install a aftermarket lift pump. I'm not really wanting to spend a lot of extra cash on this if I don't have to. But while we are talking about aftermarket lift pumps, what suggestions do you have for a aftermarket lift pump?

Any and all facts, suggestions and input about this is very much appreciated....Thanks
Old 01-18-2009, 09:13 AM

I don`t know about your other questions...but I have just recently added the Glacier Diesel Performance kit to my `04.5 and like it. You don`t have to do the in-tank retro fit with this kit. I believe it has a Walbro pump and it was a very complete kit , and it`s also VERY quiet (can`t even hear it actually) unlike some of the other kits.

Hopefully some other here can help you with the first half of your post.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Ram Daddy
I don`t know about your other questions...but I have just recently added the Glacier Diesel Performance kit to my `04.5 and like it. You don`t have to do the in-tank retro fit with this kit. I believe it has a Walbro pump and it was a very complete kit , and it`s also VERY quiet (can`t even hear it actually) unlike some of the other kits.

Hopefully some other here can help you with the first half of your post.
Thanks for the info!.....Which Glacier Diesel Performance kit did you install on your truck?