3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

my input on the Revo 5.3

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 10:12 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my input on the Revo 5.3

I didn't get to use it a whole lots but, got on Dunbar dyno and made some 1/8 passes.

The last time I dynoed ( on Dunbars dyno ) I netted 703hp/1349tq on.... this was done using the beta 4.2
I can run 8.0's all day on the 4.2

Yesterdays dyno run using the 5.3 did 754hp/1400tq. My 1/8th mile time didn't change though but, I did only make 4 passes so I wasn't able to play with the different settings. I pretty much ran the same in the 1/8th as with the 4.2.

I asked Dave to go ahead and take it to 4000rpm which he did. The dyno graph shows it fueling all the way to 4K and it was making about 500hp at that point at 160mph. So, there's no doubt this program fuels all the way.

Many that were watching came up to me and say... " man ! it sure sounded like the truck just wanted to keep going " I didn't even tell anyone it was going to 4K but, you can surely here it. It sounded sweet the whole time it was on the dyno. I don't think Dave was to use to taking a truck that high on rpm's.... he enjoyed it though :-) It purred all the way there.

the settings i used.

level 9
rev off
timing 1
RP 1
trans shift off
wastegate off

best run was ...

1.7 60ft
92mph

I'd still like to test it out some more but, my first impressions are it's not a whole lot more powerful than the 4.2 is BUT ! The power comes on much smoother, it stays on longer, it's obviously more adjustable and it is streetable.

The thing I really like is the adjust on the fly. I left the track on the setting above and cruising down the road took all to default settings. Even still on #9 it was very tame with everything else to default.

sorry, I know Marco and Bob are looking for more technical info but, as I said.... 4 passes didn't do much. The dang gassers hogged up the track. I will say it's a impressive program

One other person was there with the TNT/R stacked with a TST and had twins. He netted 900 and something hp. So, there's also a lot to be said for the TNT too !
Old 04-13-2008, 10:29 AM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great report. Looks like your numbers went up a bit too. Who made the 900 something? Was nitrous or water/meth involved?
Old 04-13-2008, 10:33 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by tritont
I didn't get to use it a whole lots but, got on Dunbar dyno and made some 1/8 passes.

The last time I dynoed ( on Dunbars dyno ) I netted 703hp/1349tq on.... this was done using the beta 4.2
I can run 8.0's all day on the 4.2

Yesterdays dyno run using the 5.3 did 754hp/1400tq. My 1/8th mile time didn't change though but, I did only make 4 passes so I wasn't able to play with the different settings. I pretty much ran the same in the 1/8th as with the 4.2.

I asked Dave to go ahead and take it to 4000rpm which he did. The dyno graph shows it fueling all the way to 4K and it was making about 500hp at that point. So, there's no doubt this program fuels all the way.

Many that were watching came up to me and say... " man ! it sure sounded like the truck just wanted to keep going " I didn't even tell anyone it was going to 4K but, you can surely here it. It sounded sweet the whole time it was on the dyno. I don't think Dave was to use to taking a truck that high on rpm's.... he enjoyed it though :-) It purred all the way there.

the settings i used.

level 9
rev off
timing 1
RP 1
trans shift off
wastegate off

best run was ...

1.7 60ft
92mph

I'd still like to test it out some more but, my first impressions are it's not a whole lot more powerful than the 4.2 is BUT ! The power comes on much smoother, it stays on longer, it's obviously more adjustable and it is streetable.

The thing I really like is the adjust on the fly. I left the track on the setting above and cruising down the road took all to default settings. Even still on #9 it was very tame with everything else to default.

sorry, I know Marco and Bob are looking for more technical info but, as I said.... 4 passes didn't do much. The dang gassers hogged up the track. I will say it's a impressive program

One other person was there with the TNT/R stacked with a TST and had twins. He netted 900 and something hp. So, there's also a lot to be said for the TNT too !
--------------------------
Ty:

Good report and CONGRATULATIONS on your new numbers!

--------
John_P
Old 04-13-2008, 10:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Don M
Great report. Looks like your numbers went up a bit too. Who made the 900 something? Was nitrous or water/meth involved?
I don't know the guys well and I don't think they are on forums much but, he and his buddy work with Tim B. Yes, he was on NOS. His buddies truck did 818hp on spray. Both have towing twins, Smartys and TST's.

One thing I did notice too... running 4.2 I can make pretty much smokeless runs down the track. With the Revo I smoked heavily to entire run. I think I can get more hp and some better times and will next time.

My converter doesn't lock until 3 gear which is likely the reason I just couldn't break into the 7's no matter how hard I tried. Once I install my race shifter... I plan to hold each gear through 4K which should guarantee better track times. Even Dave was quite impressed to see a truck fuel to 4K on the dyno :-)
Old 04-13-2008, 10:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by John_P
--------------------------
Ty:

Good report and CONGRATULATIONS on your new numbers!

--------
John_P
thanks John. Not a huge difference but, it's nice to at least see baby steps in the right direction without doing much. I think you can really see what does what as far as components/electronics when the changes aren't too drastic
Old 04-13-2008, 10:45 AM
DTR Advertiser

754 HP is nothinig to sneeze at! Single turbo too. Thats just awesome Man!

Thanks for the info.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Banned

thanks Don. I'm happy. I want more on a single but, that may/will come in time. What do you think.... can I get to 850 no spray, if i were to change to a Phatshaft 71 ?

For anyone who's interested...keep an eye out on the " events and gatherings " thread at Diesel Garage. This was the " Smokin' in the Smokies event " There was a ton of pictures taken at the dyno, track and likely from the sled pulls to, I didn't make it there since they didn't start till 12 midnight. It was a huge turn out and I think everyone had a excellent time.... I know I did :-) I forgot my dang camera !
Old 04-13-2008, 11:14 AM

I was also running the tntr program and that was all i was running and did 761hp and 1303tq. on just fuel. I had dave do 2 pulls (3500rpm) on just fuel and the last one with NOS i just have a small single shot on it. With the spray i did 903hp and 1555tq.

My buddy was there also with his truck and this time he tried a little different setup on the programming smarty 4.2,mp8 100%, and tst 2 0, With that he was able to put down 817hp on fuel.

I think that i need some more pressure to get to this level on fuel my rail presure just stays around 22000 at wot.

We both have twin turbo's and dual cp3's the only diff. is the programming on the fuel run
Old 04-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jepling
I was also running the tntr program and that was all i was running and did 761hp and 1303tq. on just fuel. I had dave do 2 pulls (3500rpm) on just fuel and the last one with NOS i just have a small single shot on it. With the spray i did 903hp and 1555tq.

My buddy was there also with his truck and this time he tried a little different setup on the programming smarty 4.2,mp8 100%, and tst 2 0, With that he was able to put down 817hp on fuel.

I think that i need some more pressure to get to this level on fuel my rail presure just stays around 22000 at wot.

We both have twin turbo's and dual cp3's the only diff. is the programming on the fuel run
what's up man... didn't know you were on here. Congrats on having the highest hp there. I bet if you decide to go with race twins... you'll be over 1000hp easy. That's not gonna help that daily towing though

Did get a boot for you iIC and then go to the sled pull ?
Old 04-13-2008, 11:33 AM
Banned

Good job ty. I did not have as much luck as you with Tnt-r My truck hit a wall at 3500rpm and only put down 628hp. Any idea on who's dyno will be at TS's ?
Old 04-13-2008, 11:34 AM
DTR Advertiser

What twins do you have jepling
Old 04-13-2008, 11:38 AM

Yea we got it back together and went to the pull from the track. There was 12 trucks that came. I got 1st with a pull of 250' (very loose track and bald tires) there was i 24 valve truck there with a p pump he got 2nd at 249' he had hanging weights and i seen him dyno over 700 hp last year. then my buddy with the other mega cab got 3rd at 244' if his truck had not of got a bad bounce coming down the track i think he would have won.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bluechrome
Good job ty. I did not have as much luck as you with Tnt-r My truck hit a wall at 3500rpm and only put down 628hp. Any idea on who's dyno will be at TS's ?
I doubt you would have made much more going to 4K. The hp starts to drop off at a point. I made the peak HP at 110mph which is likely around the 3500rpm mark. There's no rpm's on the graph so I'm not sure where it was at 110mph. From there it slowly went down to 500hp at 160mph

Is there a difference in the TNT/R and the Revo 5.3 ?????
Old 04-13-2008, 11:43 AM
Banned

My max power was at 98mph something like 2900rpm with 35" tires
Old 04-13-2008, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Don M
What twins do you have jepling
Mark at MCN diesel built them for me 62/71/14 over a s480 w/race cover and external 44 gate. he also built my buddies set to.

I would like to get a set of your injectors to run my buddy has a set of your 4.3's and loves them.

Quick Reply: my input on the Revo 5.3