3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

My Icebox for the '07 arrived today

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Icebox for the '07 arrived today

Guys, If you haven't considered this intake, PLEASE DO!!

I heard a little about it on this board, and others, and thought why not give them a try.

I ordered mine with the torque tube, and a HUGE Amsoil Ea nano Filter. It arrived at my house today, which, considering the holidays, not too bad of a job with the shipping! The torque tube, is shipped seperately, BTW.

I installed it in my truck this evening, only took about an Hour to do... Even with household interruptions...

I couldn't believe how easy the Icebox installed! The quality of fabrication was fantastic, and the kit contents was complete!

Here are some pics of the install.

After unpacking the Icebox, pardon the mess on the workbench...

Pic of the HUGE torque tube and Icebox.

The intake with the sensor installed.

Another shot of the installed sensor.

You need to remove the top cover next. JEEZUS! The filter is freakin' HUGE!!

Disconnect the radiator overflow hose. Also disconnect the Negative lead of the battery

Remove the Stock Torque tube if you purchased an aftermarket unit.

You'll need to remove the Filter, to allow access to mount the Icebox to your truck.

The Icebox mounts to one of the fanshroud/radiator bolts. remove this bolt, and compare it to the threads of the 2 included bolts. The CORRECT bolt is the one without the extra washer and self locking nut!

Just start bolt into threads of Radiator/fan shroud location.

Continued in the next post...[/QUOTE]
Old 12-27-2007, 11:10 PM

Then align hole in back of Icebox to factory rubber mounted location, Place bolt through Icebox and factory grommet.. (This may require threading bolt through rubber grommet, as tolerances are tight.) Place washer and self locking nut on bottom and tighten until snug.

If you purchased a Torque tube with your Icebox, it's time to install it. NOTE: the long end goes to the Icebox, and the shorter end goes to the turbo.

(In this pic, the long end is to the Left, and the short end is to the Right...)

Pic of the tube installed... This is gonna sound GREAT!! Note that clearance is tight to battery positive, and that Intake sensor is wrapped around outside of tube to keep it away from motor heat.

Reinstall the Air filter, I chose the Amsoil Ea nano filter option... Freakin' thing is HUGE! If you use this filter, you'll have to "Persuade" it into position...

Reconnect the Radiator overflow.

Reinstall the top of the Icebox.

You are DONE! Don't forget to hook up the Negative battery lead, Then fire it up and take it for a spin!!

[/QUOTE]
Old 12-27-2007, 11:20 PM

Nice write up. How much did the Icebox cost you?
Old 12-27-2007, 11:36 PM

Also, where did you buy the tourqe tube? I've been looking for it and can't find it by itself. Thanks
Old 12-28-2007, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Big Smoky
Nice write up. How much did the Icebox cost you?
Cost is relative. Honestly, Like the Smarty, it would seem the cost of the Icebox is pretty much a constant. I did some searching and I got the price everyone else will pay...I'm not going to give a number because I got in trouble before posting prices and seemingly advertising for a vendor. Bottom line. I don't want to lose my board priveledges. From my experience and research, the Icebox is slightly more expensive than others on the market. It is however my opinion, head and shoulders above it's competitors.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Big Smoky
Also, where did you buy the tourqe tube? I've been looking for it and can't find it by itself. Thanks
I bought it with the rest of the intake.

I have no idea if you can buy this seperate, or if it will yeild you any benefit, contact Icebox directly to see if they can help you...

Sorry, man, best I can do...
Old 12-28-2007, 12:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice pics.... but wait... what is that thing.... with HOLESET written on it?

Wait... I know... that's a stock turbo.... I just hadn't seen one in a very long time.....

Old 12-28-2007, 01:33 AM

Well, I won't mention the vendor, but I saw the sticker and Brian is a great guy to deal with... Good people that will work with you deserve credit!!!
Old 12-28-2007, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by trik396
Nice pics.... but wait... what is that thing.... with HOLESET written on it?

Wait... I know... that's a stock turbo.... I just hadn't seen one in a very long time.....

Aww, Man!!

:Busted: !!

Honestly, I have been planning a Twin setup (using that STOCK turbo!!) Does that make me all bad?
Old 12-28-2007, 02:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, of course not... just bustin' you a little...

Twins are the way to go for sure.... get some pics up when you do that install.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by trik396
No, of course not... just bustin' you a little...

Twins are the way to go for sure.... get some pics up when you do that install.
ABSOLUTELY!
Old 12-28-2007, 04:23 AM
D45

Looks great, but with the Torque Tube aren't these $500?
Old 12-28-2007, 08:48 AM

I've had mine for about 6 months, I really like it. like you said easy install. I also have the Amsoil EaAu4091 filter, it IS really a big filter. I also installed the Outerwears pre-filter, their pn is 20-2056 in case you are thinking of gettin one. It keeps the nano nice an clean.

I already had the Blue Hose, so I did not get the torque tube. I'd just e-mail or call them regarding purchasing a torque tube. It was listed separately at the bottom of the order listings on their site.

Well worth the money, nicely made unit, looks good too. Like anything else, if you want quality it will cost a little more than the other stuff. Mine has a little interference at the hood light, not sure how to solve it, not enough to panic over. No instructions or parts/bolts came with mine either, good they got around to including that stuff.

CD
Old 12-28-2007, 03:43 PM

I've had mine on for 6 months as well, Easy install, and I'm very happy with it so far.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:19 PM

Nice post and pictures. Thanks

Quick Reply: My Icebox for the '07 arrived today