3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

my 3year old+red spray paint+my white truck=lord help me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 06:57 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Man, I'm sorry!!!

I don't think that it's very funny, personally... I can see my kids doing this a few years ago... But I still have a 2 year old growin up...

Good luck with that...
Old 07-03-2008, 08:53 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Don't be mad at the kids, they can't help acting like that Be angry with whoever was supposed to be supervising them, because OBVIOUSLY they were not!
Old 07-03-2008, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was drying off my truck just after washing it and my son picked up a metal cap and tried to help. He scratched the heck out of the passenger side rear door. It buffed out thankfully, but I feel lucky after hearing about your story.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:11 AM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
if it makes ya feel any better, when I was little my dad owned a bodyshop. he had an old fat fendered ford hot rod he just got done painting black hand rubbed lacquer. I thought it would be cool to help sand it with 80 grit. and on another one, we slid down the fenders and the rivit in our levi's made some good scratches! still feel my tailbone from the whippin i got.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:15 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Poor dog..... Bet he like the "rubbing compound"....
Old 07-03-2008, 09:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dont worry I did not beat him!!....I was mad at him but now I am laughing and wishing I had took pics and vid.......I feel he DOES know better...he told his mom he wished he would have put the cans back so she did not notice!!!!..lol

I will grab some pics of the rest of the damage.

I was JUST SOOOOO happy it came off my truck!!!!

kids are great!! I dont know what I would do with out them...but they sure test your patience!!!
Old 07-03-2008, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Don't be mad at the kids, they can't help acting like that Be angry with whoever was supposed to be supervising them, because OBVIOUSLY they were not!

It took 17 posts for my first thought.

With all that buffing you should be all set to take on the Karate Kid.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:33 AM
Banned

See, women will talk a man into almost anything, givin enough time!! Glad to hear you got all the paint off the truck and car!!!!
Old 07-03-2008, 09:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
thats true for the most part....BUT you gotta be careful..it does not do any good to get down of the wife she knew she should have be watching them closer..it wont do me any good getting mad at her.

but yes I have been telling her to keep the garage shut because the kids are just hanging out in the garage when it's hot.

EVERYONE in my family learned something that night!!
now were all better for it
Old 07-03-2008, 09:57 AM

Lesson learned the hard way to keep stuff like that up out of little ones reach so that open doors aren't a big deal. Count your blessings that they did not paint EACH OTHER! Can't you see yourself explaining THAT one to the little girls folks!!

Glad you can laugh about it now! Pretty sure the physical labor helped put things in perspective!

When I was about 4 my mom left my sister and I in our Rambler while she ran into the small local grocery store. (that was back when you COULD do stuff like that!) Unfortunately for her there was also a screwdriver in the car. While the local fireman sat in front of the station watching and laughing their Edit off I proceeded to take out EVERY screw I could find! Visors, dash, door handles, head liner... When she came out and opened the door everything pretty much fell right off and onto the ground. Thank heavens she had a good sense of humor because I'm told she put the groceries down and had a really good laugh herself! (and never let me alone in the car again!)
Old 07-03-2008, 10:08 AM
tcr

Oh Man!!! I'm kinda laughing(with you of course!), but I've got an 18 mon old and one in the oven(both boys) and I'm sure this or worse will be happening at my house! I'm wondering if I should go ahead and start spray painting stuff so it's not so bad when these boys get together and do it. I'm also surprised you didn't hear that it was your fault for owning spray paint. Good luck 53!!
Old 07-03-2008, 11:22 AM

I just think it's awesome that your son has a girl friend @ the age of 3!!!! What a pimp!

Oh man, I don't know what I would do. I know I did some pretty stupid things when I was younger. I remember hitting my dad's old 6.9 litre '86 Ford w/ a baseball. I was never so fearful for my life!
Old 07-03-2008, 03:36 PM
DTR's "Secret Agent"

I swear, women, always getting boys in trouble. Older or younger. Cant live with em cant live without em.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
If you didn't know Goo Gone will take it right off..... Had that happen to a guys truck, meet him at Advance wonder what in the world he was gonna do. Paint on the stripes, paint, and wheels. 100 bucks later and he was happy as a lark. Used Goo Gone on the large strips (90 Model Toyota 4x4 that had the swoosh strips) and buffed and waxed it. He did a happy dance....LOL
Old 07-03-2008, 08:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just goes to show ya - never turn your back on an ankle-biter!

Quick Reply: my 3year old+red spray paint+my white truck=lord help me!!!