3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

For My 2000th Post, I Unveil...OPTIMUS v2.0!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 06:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a big guy, he better be hungry!

Wiggs, you find someone to build your stacks?
Old 01-30-2007, 08:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
I would think about it if I was even close to being done with that truck! But once I am, I want to be the one driving it!!!

P.S. Optimus is a HE and resents the "her" talk!
If Optimus is a HE why do you treat Optimus as a she?? (To Purdy to be a He)
This is Optimus when it sees as 53' trailer being hooked to the Kenworth
Old 01-30-2007, 08:18 AM

Smile

Dude, all I have to say is your my hero . An impressive collection of vehicles, a beautiful fiance, and a great specimen of Great Dane. Again, you are my hero .
Old 01-30-2007, 09:38 AM
Registered

why on earth do you call it a "he"???

a girl at school here asked me why i called my trucks "her" and "she" and i asked her "well, you dont want me to be in love with a guy do ya?!"

she said "oh, never thought of that"
Old 01-30-2007, 12:31 PM

Patriot2500: He is used to carrying big guys (me), so I think he would be ready!

It appears that the Lamborghini delaership has a guy who can do it. I do not know yet because we won't be at the "stack" phase for about another month when the suspension goes on. Right now, we are "just" doing the mods I listed and a few others. In fact, I will post after this just what the mods being done are.

RAMRODD: I think I treat him as a HE. No chrome, nothing flashy. All black, black wheels, black stacks, etc. He has that rugged, yet sophisticated thing going on!

You are absolutely correct about what Optimus would be feeling. He would argue that if he had a Rear suspension that would not just simply explode when the trailer was loaded onto his backside, he would still smoke most everything even whilst towing the trailer!

TKC2000: Thank you very much. I will try and not do anything to tarnish that impression!

Blackdiesel: I agree that most cars are "SHE"s; however, in this case I think Optimus is a HE. For one, his name is Optimus! By Latin definition, male singular in gender. Two, I think that "SHE"s are for the fast and sexy cars (e.g., my Lambo), huge trucks (e.g., my Kenworth), whilst the "HE"s are good for the inbetween stuff (e.g., Optimus and others like him). My truck just doesn't FEEL like a she if that makes sense; and that is how I knew that Optimus was the perfect name!
Old 01-30-2007, 12:36 PM

Post Updated Mods List Being Completed for v2.0

• Remove Tailgate Light for LED Conversion
  • Smoke Tailgate Light
  • Install Bi-Xenons
  • Install new Sprung-Hub 3850DD Clutch
  • Weld Suspension Brackets for Thuren & Measure
  • Clutch Pin Kit
  • Replace Autometer Gauges with Di Pricol ones
  • Fuel Tank Vent Mod (if delivered in time)
  • Move Pickup in Tank to Factory Location
  • Install Latch Flip-Kit
  • Install Camera in Flip-Kit Replacement Plate
  • Run Camera Video Cable to Front Dash
  • Paint Plate to Match Truck
  • Paint Road Armor Bumpers to Match Truck
  • Install Road Armor Bumpers
  • Install PIAA Lights
  • Install Mile Marker Winch
  • Have T-Rex Billet Grille Painted to Match Truck
  • Install Cobra CB & TWO 4-foot Firestick Antennas
  • Install Superhitch
  • Accessories On – Radio stays on after Truck is Off
  • High-beams & Fog Lights on at same time
Old 01-30-2007, 12:47 PM
Banned

now that's just retarded lookin'!!

looks like cow edited by admin!!

d...gonna look awesome! wouldn't expect anything less coming from you though.

later, dustin

Last edited by Totallyrad; 02-11-2007 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Language
Old 01-30-2007, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Lsufan78

looks like cow !!

later, dustin
Thanks Dustin! I will try not to dissapoint!
Old 01-30-2007, 02:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lsufan78

looks like cow !!

later, dustin

Oh man thats funny!!
Old 01-31-2007, 08:45 AM

Blackdiesel: I agree that most cars are "SHE"s; however, in this case I think Optimus is a HE. For one, his name is Optimus! By Latin definition, male singular in gender. Two, I think that "SHE"s are for the fast and sexy cars (e.g., my Lambo), huge trucks (e.g., my Kenworth), whilst the "HE"s are good for the inbetween stuff (e.g., Optimus and others like him). My truck just doesn't FEEL like a she if that makes sense; and that is how I knew that Optimus was the perfect name!

Dont worry D, I call my truck a he as well. Couple reasons why: Big and burly (like me), Make loud obnoxius sounds (to other ppl), Noxious gases are released from the hind end, and the biggest reason of all!!! It is a 6 speed, and "HE" is hung like a freakin' horse....LOL
Old 01-31-2007, 10:08 AM

• Install Latch Flip-Kit
  • Install Camera in Flip-Kit Replacement Plate
  • Run Camera Video Cable to Front Dash
  • Paint Plate to Match Truck
is this a one off item for the latch flip kit, or has someone come out with a kit like you could get for the 88-98 gm trucks?

that is something i would like to do..
Old 01-31-2007, 10:23 AM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by 53 ******
Oh man thats funny!!
the old saying " if it don't go chrome it" probably doesn't apply here
Old 01-31-2007, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by nickleinonen
is this a one off item for the latch flip kit, or has someone come out with a kit like you could get for the 88-98 gm trucks?

that is something i would like to do..
The addition of the camera is a one-off, but the latch flip kit I bought for liek $30 I think from Stylin' Concepts. It just takes your factory handle and puts it in exactly the same spot on the inside of your tailgate. The plate that goes in place of the handle is just a piece of raw steel that will need to be painted and then molded into the tailgate (or atleast screwed with the hardware they give you. Before that happens, they are drilling out the plate and mounting the camera such that it will aim down right at the bumper and/or hitch so I can see exactly where it is for parallel parking and trailer hookup. I don't need a camera for a rear view mirror, just something such that I don't crush any vehicles behind me, unless I WANT to!
Old 02-09-2007, 09:39 PM

****** 2/9/07 Update ******

Ok folks, here is the scoop.

The Road Armor rear bumper in painted and on and awaiting 3M Mylar. It took an extra few days to get the bumpers to dry because it has been below freezing. THe front bumper goes on Monday as well as the winch and PIAA lights. THe camera has been added to the rear tailgate and is angled such that I can see the bumper. The flip-kit on the tailgate latch has been installed and the plate was sealed and finished into the original location so you can't tell there was ever a handle there. The tailgate light was smoked and LEDs replaced the bulbs so all my lights are LED now.

The turn signal and amber marker lights in the front headlight housing were converted to LED. The Bi-Xenon headlights go on Monday. My 3 new DiPricol gauges are in with the boost and fuel pressure (100psi) being mechanical so they are true readings. My high idle was enabled! ...Been waiting forever for that!

My new spring-hub clutch was put in and what a sound difference!!! About a 20% drop in sound when the clutch is in, but an 80% drop in sound when it is depressed. I haven't driven it yet so I can't comment on that part yet.

My CB was installed and the 2 Firestik 4' quick-dosconnect antennas were put on.

***You cannot realistically get the headlights apart. I am just going to wait until there is an aftermarket LED/projector set and use those. The way it is glued together, it's just too risky to try and get them apart.***

I may or may not have the front windshield tinted depending on whether or not the tint guy makes it in this week.

I had the GDP pickup moved to the factory location at the bottom of the tank so I don't run out with 4 gallons remaining!

My T-Rex Billet grille was painted to match the truck and installed.

My Super Hitch was also put into place and it looks great!

I will try to keep you updated as all unfolds. My birthday is Sunday so I may or may not be on here this weekend; depends on our plans, but I will try to keep everyone up to date as best I can.

I will be picking up Optimus on either Wednesday or Thursday so I will be posting LOTS of pics ASAP!!!
Old 02-09-2007, 11:51 PM
Banned

We'll Happy B-Day Wiggs!!!! Too bad you didn't have little ol optimus to celebrate in! Can't wait to see the new(revised) optimus!! You never disapoint!

Shane

Quick Reply: For My 2000th Post, I Unveil...OPTIMUS v2.0!!!!