3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

For my 1000th Post, I Unveil...OPTIMUS!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 03:40 PM
Muted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
I don't mind. $250 per wheel x 4 wheels (not doing the inner Steel wheel, I think I will just spray paint that black or something, you will never even see it)=$1,000.
That sounds pretty good considering the size. I paid the same amount ($250per wheel) to get 2 three spoke Yahama wheels polished only and somthing like $650 to get another set chromed.

I take it by doing this you've given up on the super singles?

If I had everything on my truck black I'd probably walk right into the side of it at night, or lose it in a parking lot.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:53 PM

sounds good! thanks for the info
Old 11-30-2006, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
For my 1000th post (in only 5 months of posting!), I thought I would show a pitcure of what my truck should look like in the next two weeks or so. Here is a Photoshop of what it will look like with the lift, the new tires, the black-chromed wheels, and my custom grille. Also notice that I eliminated the Amber from the headlights either by going with the '07s and getting rid of the side reflector or taking my '06s apart (assuming it is possible). I know the P-chop is not the best quality, but it gives a rough idea of what I am going for! I will also have the Stage 3 Water/Meth injection done, the 96" Red LED Big Rig Lights, the LED cab lights, the ATS Arc Flow Intake, the BD Intercooler, the GDP 392 Comp. Kit, the Diamondback Cover (in black), the CB Antennas, the exhaust jet-coated black, and maybe even the Road Armor installed. Enjoy and thanks for being so helpful over the past few months. Without your help; my rig would be nothing!
That is just sick looking.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:08 PM

Thanks guys! And yes, I am giving up on the Super Singles ONLY because of how the wheels look. They just are so **** boring that even in black chrome I think they would detract from the vehicle. If only they looked like my regular Alcoas!

I though $250 wasn't bad either given the size of the wheels.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by nfsommer
sounds good! thanks for the info
In your signature you have it backwards. You are getting 41" IROKs on 22" wheels. If the wheels are on the tires, those are some crazy rims!!
Old 11-30-2006, 10:44 PM

I have to say, that I hate things that are done for looks, in my mind, if it works, it looks good.

That being said, the only word I can think of to describe this truck is forbidden on the forums (in a good way).

I LOVE THAT TRUCK!!!!!
although I know I have no say in it, I think the logo on the grill could be a little over the top, but, your truck, your dime, you enjoy it!

Never seen black chrome, but I love black rims!
& I do think that that thing would look just ungodly with the long bed conversion!
Old 11-30-2006, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by LJTyre
I have to say, that I hate things that are done for looks, in my mind, if it works, it looks good.

That being said, the only word I can think of to describe this truck is forbidden on the forums (in a good way).

I LOVE THAT TRUCK!!!!!
although I know I have no say in it, I think the logo on the grill could be a little over the top, but, your truck, your dime, you enjoy it!

Never seen black chrome, but I love black rims!
& I do think that that thing would look just ungodly with the long bed conversion!
Thanks. I have never seen Black Chrome rims in person; only accessory pieces. I will see what the logo looks lik before I decide to keep it for good or not.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:15 PM

I know this is a Dodge site but here is a Cheby with some black 22.5 I am not real big on black wheels but this truck looks pretty good for being all black

Old 12-01-2006, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by pdxgrease
the only hds that look good lowered are chevy short bed non dualies and even then its trashier than it is tough. dodge hd's look like a constipated potato lowered
Constipated Potato? I haven't heard that one but here is a set of 2.5"s machined down to 22" and then the rear axle narrowed 9" to fit the wheelstire combo in the wheel wells.

These wheels are Black powder Coated wheels over Chrome base... Not Black chrome but pretty close. Black Chrome can be done it is just a whole lot more expensive. The other way to get the look of black chrome is like what we did to the grill on this truck. It is a stainless steel grill by DJ Motorsports and we painted a few coats of black candy over it till we got the desired effect.

Old 12-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Banned

Wiggs number I have a fuel tank and have stacks, and also I am sure you could have the rims drilled out to make the holes bigger.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:28 PM

Thta Chevy looks very nice (for a Chevy). The wheels are painted black but the grille is my infamous BLACK CHROME!!

I will have to take a close look JD at those wheels to see if enough could be done.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:29 PM

This might give you a good idea of what black chrome looks like.

BC ACR wheels on my buddies bee.

Old 12-01-2006, 09:45 PM

Very Nice

Man, I cannot wait to see a true pic of your truck. Looks very nice in Photoshop. I am also wanting to go with a Thuren Fab suspension, but alas the funds do not allow this right now. I am sure that you will be very happy once it is all done. Good Job D.Wiggs!!!

Kevin
Old 12-01-2006, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by CumminsDreamin
Man, I cannot wait to see a true pic of your truck. Looks very nice in Photoshop. I am also wanting to go with a Thuren Fab suspension, but alas the funds do not allow this right now. I am sure that you will be very happy once it is all done. Good Job D.Wiggs!!!

Kevin
Thanks! THat makes two of us that CANNOT wait!
Old 12-02-2006, 09:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by CrashCade
Constipated Potato? I haven't heard that one but here is a set of 2.5"s machined down to 22" and then the rear axle narrowed 9" to fit the wheelstire combo in the wheel wells.

These wheels are Black powder Coated wheels over Chrome base... Not Black chrome but pretty close. Black Chrome can be done it is just a whole lot more expensive. The other way to get the look of black chrome is like what we did to the grill on this truck. It is a stainless steel grill by DJ Motorsports and we painted a few coats of black candy over it till we got the desired effect.

Looks like he's got camber issues!

Quick Reply: For my 1000th Post, I Unveil...OPTIMUS!!