3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

For my 1000th Post, I Unveil...OPTIMUS!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 10:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My first words were an uncontrollable OH YES!!!!

And I hate Gucci machines but yours is so sick that I'll gladly make an exception!!

As long as it actually WORKS.

Rick
Old 11-28-2006, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Luvnacumns- The steps I believe still have the factory hardware. If not, I could get them to you. And yes the third brake light is avaliable!

pdxgrease- I am not 100% on the logo, as that is not the actual one, just a quick representation of it. Also, with the logo and the grille being monochromatic, it will not stand out. I would normally do D Wiggs Motorsport but I thought I would just keep this one D.Wiggs I wouldn't do it if there was a lot of contrast because I don't want that part to stand out a lot. As far as black chrome, I have NO IDEA how it works, just know that it looks cool as hell!
blackdiesel- I am just not a fan of chrome much anymore; especially on Black. Not unless it is a very classy vehicle, like say a Bentley Continental GT or something!

socal610- The Road Armor fronts will hold the 12K Hydraulic just like my Road Armors did on my H2. You can even go 16.5 Electric, but to me 12K Hyrd. is better than 16.5 Electric!

xlr8tr- My .50 cal Desert Eagle will have to do !

runamuk- Thanks!
Old 11-29-2006, 12:21 AM
J2C

Wiggs,

Check out a company called T-Rex they make a grille that is clean like the Ford's without vertical or horizontal bars. The spacing looks perfect but the only thing that made me nervous was that it was an insert and you have to cut the bars out. I went ahead and did it anyway and have gotten nothing but compliments. Sorry no pics yet though.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey D,

Love the black, but still think you should go 19.5s on the wheels. The 22.5's are just 'TO BIG', imo. I know you were going to try to change my mind on that... , but it hasn't happened so far.

It would look more proportional maybe with this kit. http://www.megacablongbed.com/

Have you considered adding this to it??

Keep up the good work on the bombs!
Old 11-29-2006, 01:43 AM

Lookin good. have 2 say the grill is a bit much imo. Maybe shrink the logo down and drop it into one corner? It just seems a little big. Chrome stacks would look sweet coming out of the bed. I'm looking forward to the finished-ish product

Need a pic with all 4 rear tires smokin we all know it'll do it
Old 11-29-2006, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by TexasCTD
Hey D,

Love the black, but still think you should go 19.5s on the wheels. The 22.5's are just 'TO BIG', imo. I know you were going to try to change my mind on that... , but it hasn't happened so far.

It would look more proportional maybe with this kit. http://www.megacablongbed.com/

Have you considered adding this to it??

Keep up the good work on the bombs!
Just wait till the 41s are on their. I think that is an appropriate ratio of wheel to tire!! I will win you over yet!!

And Don't Worry. When Optimus is done, there will be pics AND videos galore showing LOTS of tire smokeage
Old 11-29-2006, 02:49 AM
Muted User

I still think you should consider doin super singles on the rear of that thing. I think that would look really bad
Old 11-29-2006, 04:23 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I am NOT a fan of black- but ALL black looks cool!
Very Nice truck D. Wiggs
Old 11-29-2006, 08:07 AM

If you come close to this look (minus the badge on the grille), it will be the best looking truck I've ever seen. I love the lines of the blacked out and debadged.

And the name *wiping tear from eye* Optimus holds deep meaning with me. Strong choice.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:12 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
We know D is his first initial. Everyone else would think D stands for Dodge.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Marine
We know D is his first initial. Everyone else would think D stands for Dodge.
True... But I like it!
Old 11-29-2006, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
I actually tried, but you could so tell I was painting the water!! It looked so bad, I just left them chrome in the water!

Chrome wheels in the reflection it is like their alter ego
Old 11-29-2006, 10:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think Maximus is apropos
Old 11-29-2006, 11:26 AM
Banned

Wiggs you need to do a single 7" mitre stack cut short like not even to the top off the cab. And make it black if you look at my pics I had a single black stack on my old ford.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
Just wait till the 41s are on their. I think that is an appropriate ratio of wheel to tire!! I will win you over yet!!

And Don't Worry. When Optimus is done, there will be pics AND videos galore showing LOTS of tire smokeage
I am not a fan of blackout wheels but I have never seen "black chrome" wheels, I think I might like it?

I dont know if I should let this out but I had and idea for the type of setup you have with a 10 lug conversion.

Take a set of 22.5s and machine them to a 22" and put on a set of 38"x22 Nitto Mud Grapplers. I have never seen this done but I think it would look CRAZY. I was going to do it to mine exept it was a bit pricey, those tires are like $500-$600 each. I know they sell 22" for the low rider guys, because they cant fit a big truck tire under the fenders.

I didnt like the tires avalable for a 22.5 so I thought it would be a wild look to run a big mud tire. Let me know what you think, Bodie

Quick Reply: For my 1000th Post, I Unveil...OPTIMUS!!