3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

For my 1000th Post, I Unveil...OPTIMUS!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tiny Ram
Do you know the construction details on the wheel? Is it a one piece forged blank that is machined, or is the center section welded to the hoop?

If KMC won't do it (for a resonable price), you might check with John @ ccw, he is very reasonable and loves doing custom projects like this. He was the only guy willing to do 18x15 for the viper and said it wouldn't take more than a couple weeks.

I know most all these companies (ccw, hre, i-forged) all order their blanks from the same forgers, so if he can get the right size fairly easily it shouldn't be a huge issue I would think.

At any rate I hope to hear some good news soon. Wouldn't mind a set of 22.5x14 rockstars or monsters myself.

That's not a bad idea. John did a set of wheels for my Lambo! Are there propriatary issues with copying a wheel?
Old 12-17-2006, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
That's not a bad idea. John did a set of wheels for my Lambo! Are there propriatary issues with copying a wheel?
Not really, everyone copies each others wheels all the time. Fact is if there was anything you wanted to change John would be the man to talk to. I was the one who helped him design the SP200, modeled it very closely to the viper BBS ACR wheel but in 19 with a little more lip. He was all for it and they look sharp.

Heck I was thinking something like an SP600 with some beefier spokes would look great. Heck they would have to be beefier to hold up to the weight of these pigs lol.

I was amazed how much effort he puts into them... I know when we were doing the SP200s it delayed delivery by a couple weeks cause he was having them stress tested, talk about added peace of mind. That and the fact that the whole set cost the same as ONE HRE lol.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:57 PM

Not really, everyone copies each others wheels all the time. Fact is if there was anything you wanted to change John would be the man to talk to. I was the one who helped him design the SP200, modeled it very closely to the viper BBS ACR wheel but in 19 with a little more lip. He was all for it and they look sharp.

Heck I was thinking something like an SP600 with some beefier spokes would look great. Heck they would have to be beefier to hold up to the weight of these pigs lol.

I was amazed how much effort he puts into them... I know when we were doing the SP200s it delayed delivery by a couple weeks cause he was having them stress tested, talk about added peace of mind. That and the fact that the whole set cost the same as ONE HRE lol.
I know I have HRE's on my Lambo Can you PM me his e-mail; I would like to talk with him about doing a custom set of wheels for this thing; I think that will be the easiest and most cost effective way to go! I may even have to go with that Super Single. I think a little 22.5x14 or 15 is in order!
Old 12-18-2006, 05:51 AM

Yeah buddy, a big *** CNC'd super single would be awesome. Would be nice to have them cut in the standard 8 lug as well and recoupe some cost selling the adapters.

The only email addy I have for John is ccwheel@gmail.com That or just give him a call, he will probably want to chat about this one anyway.

You're sooo gonna have guys in peterbilts chasing you down trying to find out where they can get some wheels.

Oh don't know if you're interested or not but we're (a bunch of guys from 6speedonline) planning a huge vegas meet at the end of Feb. Going to be like 50 people heading out, quite a few from lambopower and a few other high end forums. It's gonna be a wreckless, likely to get you divorced good time, I highly recommend joining in. It's not entirely centered around the cars, but mostly just a guys weekend to hang out and have a good time. But there will be some wicked cars out as well. We might have a little shin dig at LVEric's hou... err compound.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:13 PM

Yeah buddy, a big *** CNC'd super single would be awesome. Would be nice to have them cut in the standard 8 lug as well and recoupe some cost selling the adapters.

The only email addy I have for John is ccwheel@gmail.com That or just give him a call, he will probably want to chat about this one anyway.

You're sooo gonna have guys in peterbilts chasing you down trying to find out where they can get some wheels.

Oh don't know if you're interested or not but we're (a bunch of guys from 6speedonline) planning a huge vegas meet at the end of Feb. Going to be like 50 people heading out, quite a few from lambopower and a few other high end forums. It's gonna be a wreckless, likely to get you divorced good time, I highly recommend joining in. It's not entirely centered around the cars, but mostly just a guys weekend to hang out and have a good time. But there will be some wicked cars out as well. We might have a little shin dig at LVEric's hou... err compound.

Yeah, I think LVEric has his own Zip Code!

I agree; not only would the 8-lug save money, but the weight! Those adapters weigh 30 lbs. a piece EASILY! I will definitely give him a call. Now the real question remains whether or not I can find a tire that will get me through the winter in that size. The 445/50 has me a little worried with it's tread design. Looks a little more "all-season" than a "gripper".
Old 12-18-2006, 03:58 PM

man this truck would be so tight with a trio of rockwells underneath it, with some blacked out 22.5 alcoas full 6x6... like a dodge trex type look
Old 12-18-2006, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
Yeah, I think LVEric has his own Zip Code!

haha, man you could break that "house" up into 1/10ths and the "pieces" would still classify as ginormous by most people. It's an amazing property though, there is no denying that.

Yeah I don't think you're going to find much in a "gripper" tread pattern until you get up into the dumptruck/cement truck sizes, aka 60-65 series that are like 42-48" tall.

You could always fire up the tire groover and make your own mudders from the all-terrains. Lord knows they have enough rubber on there, cutting a bit out won't hurt it a bit.

**** I never realized the super singles were $900 per tire. I guess it's not that bad considering it's a one time purchase, but the sticker shock is up there. Makes a set of 20" PS2s look down right affordable.

Oh and something you might be interested for the Murci. Kumho has a 375/20/21 out now, so if you want to up the bling-a-ling to 21's and get a wider tire at the same time, party on. You know you want a 21x15 on the lambo next to the 22.5x14 on the truck.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:39 PM

haha, man you could break that "house" up into 1/10ths and the "pieces" would still classify as ginormous by most people. It's an amazing property though, there is no denying that.

Yeah I don't think you're going to find much in a "gripper" tread pattern until you get up into the dumptruck/cement truck sizes, aka 60-65 series that are like 42-48" tall.

You could always fire up the tire groover and make your own mudders from the all-terrains. Lord knows they have enough rubber on there, cutting a bit out won't hurt it a bit.

**** I never realized the super singles were $900 per tire. I guess it's not that bad considering it's a one time purchase, but the sticker shock is up there. Makes a set of 20" PS2s look down right affordable.

Oh and something you might be interested for the Murci. Kumho has a 375/20/21 out now, so if you want to up the bling-a-ling to 21's and get a wider tire at the same time, party on. You know you want a 21x15 on the lambo next to the 22.5x14 on the truck.

WOW!! 375/20s!!!!!! I just ordered my custom 19/20 combo so that will have to do. It's a 20x13.5...small, I know!
Old 12-18-2006, 06:44 PM

yeah they are monsters.

Old 12-20-2006, 08:43 PM

Thumbs up UPDATE to OPTIMUS!!

I just picked him up from Lamborghini Ohio and WOAH!!! Flux 3.3s!!!! are AMAZING! They will drain your rail like nobody's business!

I also have my DiPricol Optix gauges (pre-turbo & rail pressure) installed in my overhead windshield mount, Mag-Hytec Rear Diff. cover, 96" RED LED Light strip along the side, Snow H2O/Meth Stage 3 Kit, and my new TST installed. Can't do the CB yet because of some antenna issues. I do have the BD Intercooler on an that thing is HUGE!!! It hangs down BELOW the front bumper!! It is MASSIVE! I had to remove my grille for now until my custom on is done because the hood wouldn't close! I think that's "all" that was done. I will try to get some pictures as soon as I clean him off. He is filthy.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:40 PM

What about the headlights?
Old 12-22-2006, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Boz007
What about the headlights?
Still waiting to hear back. Hopefully next week I will find something out!
Old 12-23-2006, 09:05 AM

Looking forward to it.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:30 PM

Still nothing on the Tail Lights Boz. I apologize for the delay!
Old 01-04-2007, 12:31 PM

Ordered My Road Armor Today!

I ordered the regular Front with Winch and lights as well as the regular rear in "raw" form so that they can be painted to match the truck!

I need that new front bumper to protect my intercooler. That thing is HUGE!!!!!!!!! I don't even have a grille on my truck right now. You just see the intercooler. It looks MEAN!

Quick Reply: For my 1000th Post, I Unveil...OPTIMUS!!