3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

For my 1000th Post, I Unveil...OPTIMUS!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 02:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you may be a nut, but you're awfully nice about it.

chris
Old 12-07-2006, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by 53 ******
yes, they are on KMC's site.

But only in 16 and 17".
Old 12-07-2006, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by J Double
But only in 16 and 17".
I'm working on that !!!

Chris,

Thank you! You guys have been so nice and accomodating to me; just trying to return the favor.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:43 PM
Banned

ROCKSTARS all the way!!!!!! Just when I think your truck couldn't get any better and bammm!!! YOOOU da man!!
Old 12-07-2006, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
ROCKSTARS all the way!!!!!! Just when I think your truck couldn't get any better and bammm!!! YOOOU da man!!
I do what I can!
Old 12-08-2006, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
For my 1000th post (in only 5 months of posting!), I thought I would show a pitcure of what my truck should look like in the next two weeks or so. Here is a Photoshop of what it will look like with the lift, the new tires, the black-chromed wheels, and my custom grille. Also notice that I eliminated the Amber from the headlights either by going with the '07s and getting rid of the side reflector or taking my '06s apart (assuming it is possible). I know the P-chop is not the best quality, but it gives a rough idea of what I am going for! I will also have the Stage 3 Water/Meth injection done, the 96" Red LED Big Rig Lights, the LED cab lights, the ATS Arc Flow Intake, the BD Intercooler, the GDP 392 Comp. Kit, the Diamondback Cover (in black), the CB Antennas, the exhaust jet-coated black, and maybe even the Road Armor installed. Enjoy and thanks for being so helpful over the past few months. Without your help; my rig would be nothing!
Wiggs that thing looks bad a$$. Let me know what you do on the grill and headlights I will be right in your foot steps cause I need black..
Old 12-08-2006, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by 2006 MEGACAB
Wiggs that thing looks bad a$$. Let me know what you do on the grill and headlights I will be right in your foot steps cause I need black..
No problem. I should know about the headlights today!
Old 12-08-2006, 07:39 PM

Service manager had to go early today so I won't know until Monday about the headlights.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:18 PM

Service manager had to go early today so I won't know until Monday about the headlights.

Sounds good let me know whats up with the grill too..
Old 12-08-2006, 10:23 PM

Sounds good let me know whats up with the grill too..
No problem. And do you mean by "grill", the grille that I photoshopped onto my truck? As in, where can I find an all horizontal strut grille spaced like the factory that is black chrome?? I just want to make sure I get you the right info.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:39 PM

No problem. And do you mean by "grill", the grille that I photoshopped onto my truck? As in, where can I find an all horizontal strut grille spaced like the factory that is black chrome?? I just want to make sure I get you the right info.
Well Im not baller status and I dont think I can afford the strut grill but I need something black for my trck and I havent been able to find anything whats the price on one of those??? Thanks again for all the help.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:46 PM

Well Im not baller status and I dont think I can afford the strut grill but I need something black for my trck and I havent been able to find anything whats the price on one of those??? Thanks again for all the help.
I have no idea. I have yet to find what it is I am looking for!! I may have to resort to having someone take the factory grille, cut out the center , and see if they can weld the horizontal struts together where the gap from the center grille "beam" is with pieces from another grille; grinding everything smooth; and then painting it to match the truck. I am definitely NOT having an easy time of it finding the right grille. The ONE that I found for an 06 had like 3 times as many horizontal bars as I wanted. I like the factory spacing; I'm not much for the 374,195½ bar look that most aftermarket grilles provide!
Old 12-15-2006, 07:46 PM

Unhappy Bad News

I have been in contact with the Marketing Director for KMC wheels and found out some not-so-good info. It doesn't appear that I will be able to get my Rockstars, although we have not totally given up. We are trying to see if there is a way to machine them in the size I want for a "reasonable" price. They aren't able to do any sponsorship because of SEMA and teh Baja 1000 has them way overbudget. I would have to wait a while in order to get anything sponsored. My only hope is getting them machined by them where I foot the bill and thats the pricing I am waiting on.

Also, I could not pick up Optimus today because DHL decided NOT to ship Don's overnight package and instead, just leave it sitting at their Dallas facility! I have to wait until Monday now to pick it up. My new mods will include:

Snow Stage 3 Water/Meth
Flux 3+ from F1
CB and 2 4' antennas installed
Locking center console box
TST w/ all new features
96" Red running LEDs
BD Intercooler
DiPricol Rail Gauge & Pre-Turbo EGT
Windshield 2-Gauge Pod
ATS Arc Flow Intake
Mag Rear Diff Cover
GDP 392 Comp Kit
Tailgate Latch Flip-Kit w/ Integrated Rear Camera
Head Unit modified to accept Rear Camera
**2007 Black Headlights**<---Not sure if this was done; will know Monday.

I think those are all of the mods that were being done this time.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:30 AM

I have been in contact with the Marketing Director for KMC wheels and found out some not-so-good info. It doesn't appear that I will be able to get my Rockstars, although we have not totally given up. We are trying to see if there is a way to machine them in the size I want for a "reasonable" price. They aren't able to do any sponsorship because of SEMA and teh Baja 1000 has them way overbudget. I would have to wait a while in order to get anything sponsored. My only hope is getting them machined by them where I foot the bill and thats the pricing I am waiting on.

Also, I could not pick up Optimus today because DHL decided NOT to ship Don's overnight package and instead, just leave it sitting at their Dallas facility! I have to wait until Monday now to pick it up. My new mods will include:

Snow Stage 3 Water/Meth
Flux 3+ from F1
CB and 2 4' antennas installed
Locking center console box
TST w/ all new features
96" Red running LEDs
BD Intercooler
DiPricol Rail Gauge & Pre-Turbo EGT
Windshield 2-Gauge Pod
ATS Arc Flow Intake
Mag Rear Diff Cover
GDP 392 Comp Kit
Tailgate Latch Flip-Kit w/ Integrated Rear Camera
Head Unit modified to accept Rear Camera
**2007 Black Headlights**<---Not sure if this was done; will know Monday.

I think those are all of the mods that were being done this time.
I hope it was. Ive yet to see an 07 Nightrunner but i hope they exit. I want a set for my truck.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:59 AM

Do you know the construction details on the wheel? Is it a one piece forged blank that is machined, or is the center section welded to the hoop?

If KMC won't do it (for a resonable price), you might check with John @ ccw, he is very reasonable and loves doing custom projects like this. He was the only guy willing to do 18x15 for the viper and said it wouldn't take more than a couple weeks.

I know most all these companies (ccw, hre, i-forged) all order their blanks from the same forgers, so if he can get the right size fairly easily it shouldn't be a huge issue I would think.

At any rate I hope to hear some good news soon. Wouldn't mind a set of 22.5x14 rockstars or monsters myself.

Quick Reply: For my 1000th Post, I Unveil...OPTIMUS!!