3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Muff delete on 06??

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Muff delete on 06??

Anyone delete muffler on an 06?? Honestly how loud is it?? I really don't care how loud it is outside, just don't want it too loud inside. Also if I put the delete pipe on and dont like it can a muffler shop get the old muffler back on?
Old 03-06-2006, 10:21 PM

I straight piped mine it is LOUD outside, but honestly inside its not to bad on the hiway, I was susprised, around town it can be loud depending on how you drive and it is loud when you tow. A good muffler shop should be able to put your stock one back.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:36 AM
Banned

06dually,

If you leave the cat in place it just makes it have a nice deep tone, pull the cat and it'll get louder. I like them without the cat but everybodies different and loud to one is just right to another!! Check out the MBRP direct replacement for your truck, has welded hangers on it to re use the stock rubber mounts and is an easy install. Check to see if you have a resonator after the stock muffler if you do the install is a little harder, if you don't it bolts on easy! They are made out of stainless too to match the stock material etc. There are a lot and I mean a lot of members that have gotten the MBRP from us, ask them what they think of it!

Mark @ DPPI
Old 03-07-2006, 09:40 AM

My MBRP is great....Its louder than stock, and around 2000rpm it REALLY growls....Its loud but not obnoxious....Still have the cat...I didnt like it a first, but once you get it good and hot a few times the sound changes...Sounds really good...

There is no way a shop could put your stock muffler back on easily....They clamp the crap outta these things...I had to butcher mine to get it out It could be done, but would take some new pipe and some welding...
Old 03-07-2006, 10:53 AM

One thing you need to consider is your truck has a 6 speed. With stock tires it is probably turning about 2200 rpm at 70mph. If you plan on highway trips at that speed or greater...you might not like the sound. The muffler has a couple of "tacks" on top of the pipe but can be taken off and reused...I have done it in the past. Currently I am trying to decide if my truck is too loud or not with the delete pipe....mainly for the neighborhood...not me...I like the sound...especially with the 6 speed. Take off in low from a stoplight and hit 4 gears before you get to 35mph...sounds just like an 18 wheeler...dont want to lose that sound!
Old 03-08-2006, 06:00 AM

Well I can second what everyone says about the MBRP muffler, sounds great! Sound changes with the go pedal, floor it and sounds awesome, cruise around and you barely notice it. Best of both worlds. On my 06, with no resonator, had to cut about 4 inches of the front of the tailpipe and about 2 inches of the rear of the supplied pipe that goes into the muffler. Got it from DPPI, great service!!