3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Mrs. Clause was very good to me this year!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mrs. Clause was very good to me this year!

Not only did she get me the factory service manual for my truck, but an MBRP stainless muffler to keep me busy today too. Took a few hours to get the stock system taken apart but the new one went in in a matter of minutes. The two major obstacles were getting the hanger isolators off the hangers and having to cut the old muffler out of there without damaging the pipe that I was keeping. The hangers had me struggling for most of the time, I was about ready to get on here and ask if there was a trick to getting them off, but with a little sweat and plenty of colorful language, they gave in. Couldn't get any pictures of the install in my gallery yet as I didn't get done 'til about 1600 and it was just about dark here, but I'll try to get some in there tomorrow.

Test drive results are: in-cab noise level is just a little above stock but with a much deeper and richer tone (good), pre-turbo EGT is a little lower than before (also good). I noticed the sound difference at idle and WOT, medium throttle seemed pretty much the same. With the exhause brake on sitting idle however, I don't think I could hear any difference. This test was done running empty and the fastest I was able to go was about 55mph.

Of course while I had the old muffler off and before installing the new one, I had to start it up to check out the sound. Sounded like a dump truck, I think it would get on my nerves pretty quick though so I'm glad I didn't straight pipe it.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your experience with your test drive is similar to mine with the Magnaflow. Congrats on the new Muff!! I am sure you are going to enjoy it for a long time to come. I know I have enjoyed mine in the few weeks it has been on, but I have not towed with it yet. Sounds like you have a great Ms. Claus!!