3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

mpi twinns

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mpi twinns

I am probably going to go ahead an get some MPI Twins , Nathans 700hp Set, was wondering how they would run with stock injectors and Stock CP3 for awhile until i replenish Trucks funds . What would top hp be. running Hot Juice stacked with EZ, Walbro System , AFE-2 , ATS Exhaust , Silverline
Old 02-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Banned

probably hard to light with an auto

brett
Old 02-16-2008, 03:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
490-520 is my guess. What you need to realize is that twins won't give you much extra power if you're not currently overfueled - and you're not. I did 475hp with Hot Juice and xzt and 502hp with Hot Juice and mp-8. The ez should be somewhere in between and then maybe an additional 20hp with the twins.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:53 PM

Too many things missing to make big HP

Originally Posted by Torque master
I am probably going to go ahead an get some MPI Twins , Nathans 700hp Set, was wondering how they would run with stock injectors and Stock CP3 for awhile until i replenish Trucks funds . What would top hp be. running Hot Juice stacked with EZ, Walbro System , AFE-2 , ATS Exhaust , Silverline
The Walbro is an 85gph pump,.. not near enough to make big power. Your fuel system mods need serious help to get where you want to be. Fuel & Air,.... That's what you need.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by OT-OF-Here
The Walbro is an 85gph pump,.. not near enough to make big power. Your fuel system mods need serious help to get where you want to be. Fuel & Air,.... That's what you need.
He might not be looking for "big" power. I'm doing twins soon and I'm not going for anything over 650hp. I just want the best 650hp I can achieve. He obviously needs more than what he's got for 650hp, but he never stated a goal, just asked for an estimate.

So is there a goal in mind?
Old 02-16-2008, 07:57 PM

Twins

I like the faster spool up and egt Temps along with the ability to have 700-plus HP Set-up , I probably will Run it Stock And then Add Some Flux-2 injectors And a Twin CP3 fueling set-up next year , I figure I should be able to have 580-600-HP with just the MPI Twins Stock CP3 , A Walbro Fuel lift Pump System , Hellman intercooler , probably going to Run a Smarty and MP8 With the Twins.
AFE-2 , ATS Exhaust Manifold , CNC Heater Block , going to be listing this silver-62--74--14 forsale here shortly has roughly 5,000 K. So 700- would be my goal but I will Cruise it @ the 600- HP Level for a year , And some Flux-2 injectors along with another stock cp3 , as prices seem to be dropping as more competition enters the market place. Studs will be done upon Turbo install.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:36 PM

I think you could still run a 62/71/13ss / S400 on stock cp3 & stock injectors for a while until you get some more cash to upgrade to the much needed dual cp3s, fluxs & head studs

the stock single cp3 will be more of a pita , then the stock injectors

a dual cp3 kit & some 1.5 fluxs would be killer with that setup

you don't need big injectors to get 700 rwhp

too much black smoke will eventually lead to the demise & extermination of fast heavy fueled diesel trucks on the streets & highways !
Old 02-17-2008, 12:00 AM

I made 617 and my fuel pressure never moved from 20psi with Walbro. If properly plumbed, I don't see a problem making quite a bit more power with the little pump.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by omaharam
He might not be looking for "big" power. I'm doing twins soon and I'm not going for anything over 650hp. I just want the best 650hp I can achieve. He obviously needs more than what he's got for 650hp, but he never stated a goal, just asked for an estimate.

So is there a goal in mind?
Thats what my goal is. I think the bullet is going to get a little warm with my set-up and street manners won't be the best. Add twins to the mix and spool up and egts will get much more drivable. Heck I just got the bullet 3months ago Man I cant never make up my mind. I just won't be able to pull competitively again.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:56 AM

Fuel psi

Originally Posted by trik396
I made 617 and my fuel pressure never moved from 20psi with Walbro. If properly plumbed, I don't see a problem making quite a bit more power with the little pump.
Pressure is one thing and volume is another. There are guys making big power with a walbro but they're using (2) walbros. Also don't be confused with a max 3 sec run on a dyno with the 1/4 mile. A lot of setups are for dyno strickly and won't cut it on the 1/4. FYI

Also Omaharam, the original question on this thread was addressing a 700hp set of twins!!! That's not big power??
Old 02-17-2008, 12:46 PM

Pressure is one thing and volume is another. There are guys making big power with a walbro but they're using (2) walbros. Also don't be confused with a max 3 sec run on a dyno with the 1/4 mile. A lot of setups are for dyno strickly and won't cut it on the 1/4. FYI

Also Omaharam, the original question on this thread was addressing a 700hp set of twins!!! That's not big power??
I have adequate pressure at WOT to over 100mph with the walbro at 600hp. I can't say I've made more than one run up to about 80mph with 648hp and I wasn't watching the gauges too closely, so beyond 600hp I am unsure of actual pressures, but it ran fine.

As for the question..if you go back he makes a couple statements. One stating that he is going to be getting a set of twins that supports 700hp. He never said it was or wasn't his goal. But he did ask ONLY ONE question. What would top HP be with that set up with the fueling he has and I don't think my answer was too far off. As far as 700hp, if that's his goal, I have no idea if the walbro is adequate. But I can tell you it supports 600hp very nicely.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:19 PM

At 40 psi the pump is only seeing a 30% load. I'd say that is pretty efficient and capable of supporting 700 hp. Different strokes for different folks.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:03 PM
O.T

With the PPE twin pumps I needed to add a second Walbro to keep up both volume and pressure. Since the PPE kits do not like more than 20psi feed pressure you cannot get a head start by sending 40psi to the pump.
The second Walbro is on a toggle.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by onetun
With the PPE twin pumps I needed to add a second Walbro to keep up both volume and pressure. Since the PPE kits do not like more than 20psi feed pressure you cannot get a head start by sending 40psi to the pump.
The second Walbro is on a toggle.
However, you do not need dual pumps for 700hp and no one was talking dual pumps.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:51 PM

I may be wrong but, I think I saw Lloyd Mills make 730 on
a floor it stage 2 & a single walbro.
I think he found its limitations that day.
He has since gone to twin cp3
's & dual walbros.

Quick Reply: mpi twinns