3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

MP-8 & Edge w/Attitude - hot-unlock

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MP-8 & Edge w/Attitude - hot-unlock

How well do these stack together? Are there any settings I need to look out for on either unit for them to work better together?
Old 11-25-2008, 04:44 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Yes, they work great together!

Watch your EGT's, that's a big thing. The edge runs really hot.

Watch your rail pressure.

I do not know if the edge on the 06's adds timing, so listen for timing knock.

My MP-8 stack with the edge was great...
Old 11-25-2008, 05:05 PM

Where should rail pressure be? I did not notice if there was a display for that.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:09 PM

Hey, I was told to ask you about an Airdog install. Do you think taking the bed off is the best way? With two people should it be pretty easy?
Old 11-25-2008, 05:14 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They will work. Now with what you are doing with it you most likely will be able to drain the fuel rail on an all out hard pull. A modified injection pump and a high flow lift pump will help you there. You would definitely need to have the better lift pump. I don't see a turbo upgrade in your signature. Without a turbo you will melt that motor into itty bitty pieces. Definitely need more air.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by kantdrive55
They will work. Now with what you are doing with it you most likely will be able to drain the fuel rail on an all out hard pull. A modified injection pump and a high flow lift pump will help you there. You would definitely need to have the better lift pump. I don't see a turbo upgrade in your signature. Without a turbo you will melt that motor into itty bitty pieces. Definitely need more air.

Here are what my mods will be when I'm done (by Jan.)

HTT 64/65/13SS
ATS Exhaust Manifold
PureFlow Air Dog 150
TS Performance MP-8
F1 Flux 1/40HP Injectors
S&B Cold Air Intake
Edge Juice w/Attitude - Hot Unlock
Donaldson Muffler / No CAT
Goerend Torque Converter
Goerend Valve Body
DTT Flex Plate
Sonnax 1 Piece Billet Input Shaft
Mag-Hytec Trans. Pan
Old 11-25-2008, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by rock crawler

HTT 64/65/13SS
ATS Exhaust Manifold
PureFlow Air Dog 150
TS Performance MP-8
F1 Flux 1/40HP Injectors
S&B Cold Air Intake
Goerend Torque Converter
Goerend Valve Body
DTT Flex Plate
Mag-Hytec Trans. Pan
That's going to be a nice truck in the 550-575hp range
Old 11-25-2008, 07:03 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Where should rail pressure be? I did not notice if there was a display for that.
You want to be around 26k max ( a little higher is ok, but no more than 26.5 unless you are running a modded rail), and try not to go below 20k at the lowest at WOT. I could be a little on the safer side with that low number.

Hey, I was told to ask you about an Airdog install. Do you think taking the bed off is the best way? With two people should it be pretty easy?
Yes, I have both dropped the tank, and lifted the bed, and the bed was 10x easier. I don't know about 2 people, I had 4 grown men (all bigger than me, and I'm 6 even and 210) and it was a tad bit heavy. I do have a bed liner and 2 tool boxes, tho. LMK if you need help on that install. It's not that hard at all, just read the instructions. Plus, put the draw straw infront of the fuel canister, not behind it.

I will also agree with what Pat said, the Edge made my rail pressure go down bad... 12k at WOT I think. I had the arson II CP3 mod at the time, and it did not help. (works wonders with the smarty...)

Ya may want to invest in a rail pressure guage. I have a quadzilla, and mine has been trouble free, but other people hate them due to constant problems.

Here is a vid of my edge on lvl6 with all my crap turned up. RP was poo...

Old 11-26-2008, 10:05 AM
DTR Advertiser

HTT 64/65/13SS
ATS Exhaust Manifold
PureFlow Air Dog 150
TS Performance MP-8
F1 Flux 1/40HP Injectors
S&B Cold Air Intake
Goerend Torque Converter
Goerend Valve Body
DTT Flex Plate
Mag-Hytec Trans. Pan
Some good parts in there definitely. I still don't see anything either with a modded CP3 pump or a twin CP3 kit. You really are going to want to address something there. Otherwise you will be hard on it and it will start to pop and fart because there just isn't any fuel in the rail. You can run a good scanner on it and have it show your desired vs actual rail pressure. You want to have the two numbers within 4000psi of each other.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:44 AM

Some good parts in there definitely. I still don't see anything either with a modded CP3 pump or a twin CP3 kit. You really are going to want to address something there. Otherwise you will be hard on it and it will start to pop and fart because there just isn't any fuel in the rail. You can run a good scanner on it and have it show your desired vs actual rail pressure. You want to have the two numbers within 4000psi of each other.
I thought that with just the 40HP injectors I did not need to do anything with the CP3. I was not wanting to do that because it is very expensive, or is it. If this is required then would I be better off doing a higher HP injector?
Old 11-26-2008, 12:12 PM
DTR Advertiser

I thought that with just the 40HP injectors I did not need to do anything with the CP3. I was not wanting to do that because it is very expensive, or is it. If this is required then would I be better off doing a higher HP injector?
If you were just running the Edge box with the injector, you would probably be ok. But you are throwing the MP8 into the mix which is just a pressure box. With all three there wont be enough fuel in the rail. Take either the injectors or the MP8 out of the equation, you should be ok.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:04 PM

I'd also suggest going with a 62/71/13 instead of the 64/65/13. It will save you alot of surging, and will give you plenty of air for the fueling mods you have listed.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Justice4all
I'd also suggest going with a 62/71/13 instead of the 64/65/13. It will save you alot of surging, and will give you plenty of air for the fueling mods you have listed.
TNT and mp8 does not surge a 64/65/13. Will throwing the injectors in the mix - I don't know, but that 64 is a pretty impressive turbo.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:22 PM

If you were just running the Edge box with the injector, you would probably be ok. But you are throwing the MP8 into the mix which is just a pressure box. With all three there wont be enough fuel in the rail. Take either the injectors or the MP8 out of the equation, you should be ok.
Ok, so if I run all this stuff I will have to do a dual CP3?
Old 11-27-2008, 12:02 AM

Ok, so if I run all this stuff I will have to do a dual CP3?
A stage 2 pump would be enough.

Quick Reply: MP-8 & Edge w/Attitude - hot-unlock