3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Motoblue Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Motoblue Exhaust?

Has anyone heard or have used the Motoblue exhaust? I keep debating which exhaust system to get and I have no definate answer. I was able to hear some audio clips of Silverline and flowmaster but I think I want to have a wider variety. My local muffler shop says that Flo-Pro is good but I have never heard of them. I want a system that doesn't make your ears ring but have plenty of "tone" to it. Any suggestions or audio clips would be great. Oh, yeah I also hope to get a dual system.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:14 PM

I have one. It's actually flo pro. I'm not really sure where the Moto Blue thing comes from. If you're going to order it from rpmoutlet.com, think twice. They sent me the wrong kit about 4 weeks ago and they've done nothing to right the problem. If you're gonna get it from ebay, make sure the seller is NOT fastgasracer. He is the manager at rpmoutlet.com. So I just had my local muffler shop make due with the one they sent me. The one I got sent was for an 03-04, my truck is an 05. Anywho, I originally ordered a 5" turbo back. What I ended up doing was welding the kit to my stock downpipe (curiosity got the CAT ). Lemme tell you this thing is pretty loud. It's not bad at all with the windows up, but it does drone pretty hard from 65-70mph. Overall it sounds good. The muffler shop said there was no way that I woulda been able to put it in myself. A couple pieces had to be welded (weren't flared for slip fit) and a couple hangers were in the wrong place (this could be cuz it was for a diff year). Honestly, I would probably get something else if I did it again. I'd probably contact Rip at www.sourceautomotive.biz. He could set you up pretty good. He gave me a lot of advice whilst I was going through the above mentioned fiasco with rpmoutlet.com

p.s. Flo Pro doesn't make a dual system for our trucks.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:15 PM

Awesome!!! I finally made a link work!!!
Old 01-29-2006, 07:18 PM

just say no to rpmoutlet

Stay away from rpm I had nothing but problems with them
Old 01-29-2006, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by leaddog
Stay away from rpm I had nothing but problems with them
Agreed!!! It still just chaps my **** thinkin' about it.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:09 PM

No I was not thinking about RPM outlet I have read bad things about them elsewhere. From the audio clips I have heard there is little tone change. It seems like they all sound alike, for the most part. Flowmaster sounded like a V8 gasser.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:14 PM
Banned

juice,

Take a look at the MBRP systems, they have 100% welded on hangers that re use the stock rubber mounts, real easy install and such. Plus they have a muffler that is packed with a ceramic blanket and stainless steel wool, lots of the systems you see on ebay have NO packing at all and are actually have a slight restriction because of that. Not the reason you want to buy a system for sure. The MBRP are available in aluminized, 409 and 304 stainless and in singles and duals too.

Mark @ DPPI
Old 01-30-2006, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by juice
No I was not thinking about RPM outlet I have read bad things about them elsewhere. From the audio clips I have heard there is little tone change. It seems like they all sound alike, for the most part. Flowmaster sounded like a V8 gasser.
The audio clip must not be doing it justice then, cuz I can assure you there is plenty of tone change with the flo pro 5" system. If you want duals and ease of installation, then I would agree with Mark. Go with a MBRP. Good quality, they make duals, and ease of installation (from what I hear)...can't say anything about tone though; haven't heard one up close. I'd probably get a MBRP if I was gonna do it all over again. As far as the flowmaster goes, I think their design is the same as their gasser mufflers what with the different chambers and all. I can't imagine this is as free flowing as some of the others such as MBRP or Flo Pro. They use a straight through design which is very unrestrictive.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:04 AM

I bought the motoblue, I think it was only like $248.00. for everything. And it included a 4-5 stainless tip. Couldnt pass it up. It didnt fit to bad and it uses the stock rubber mounts. I had to make a few revisions to the hangers but all in all im happy. As far as sound, it had a drone from about 1200 to 1600 that drove me nuts. I added weight to it in some spots and that cured it.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by AirGrabber
I bought the motoblue, I think it was only like $248.00. for everything. And it included a 4-5 stainless tip. Couldnt pass it up. It didnt fit to bad and it uses the stock rubber mounts. I had to make a few revisions to the hangers but all in all im happy. As far as sound, it had a drone from about 1200 to 1600 that drove me nuts. I added weight to it in some spots and that cured it.
What do you mean by "added weight?" My drones and I would like to get rid of it. Where did you put the weight and how did you secure it?
Old 01-30-2006, 12:00 PM

I bought a Motoblue from RPM Outlet. I got the 5" Aluminized from the turbo back. The fit was excellant and the cost was great. Had it in about 5 days. I couldn't be happier with the sound. Pics are in my gallery of the exit on the exhaust. I would spring for the band clamps instead of the ones that come with the system.

The Motoblue comes from the private label name that RPM Outlet uses on all kinds of products they distribute.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:56 PM

Yep Staarma, that's what mine looks like. I love the way it sounds. Does yers drone...mine does like a champ. I'm glad to hear that somebody had a good experience with rpmoutlet. I will NEVER deal with them again.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:00 PM

I'm beginning to think the deal I made with them was a fluke after reading everyone elses posts about them. Oh well.

I have a drone at 2000 RPM if I hold it there. Sometimes it's hard to hear over the intake. I have my tip exit out a ways so the exhaust doesn't reverberate any of the body work on the truck. I think that helps a lot. I do love the way it sounds though.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by staarma
I'm beginning to think the deal I made with them was a fluke after reading everyone elses posts about them. Oh well.

I have a drone at 2000 RPM if I hold it there. Sometimes it's hard to hear over the intake. I have my tip exit out a ways so the exhaust doesn't reverberate any of the body work on the truck. I think that helps a lot. I do love the way it sounds though.
That must be what it is. I noticed that yer tip does stick out farther than mine . I'm gonna have to put a polished tip on it. One, cuz they're cool, and two, so I get the exit out a little ferther. Thanks for the input.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Rambunctious1
That must be what it is. I noticed that yer tip does stick out farther than mine . I'm gonna have to put a polished tip on it. One, cuz they're cool, and two, so I get the exit out a little ferther. Thanks for the input.
No problem, hope it helps. The tip I have on there is a 6". It looks like a garbage can hanging off of there at first but you get used to it. Now, I wouldn't have anything less.