3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

More power with Six-Gun

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More power with Six-Gun

Im looking to get some more power out of my '03 Cummins. When I bought the truck it already had the Banks Six gun w/ speedloader on it. I would of went with something else, but its on there now and I dont want to take it off. I also have a AEM brute force intake and a Banks Hi-ram. Exhaust is coming in the spring. I was wondering what the pros and cons of bigger injectors are. Also does anyone have any experience with a Banks big head wastegate? Thanks for any info.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by 3500CTD
Im looking to get some more power out of my '03 Cummins. When I bought the truck it already had the Banks Six gun w/ speedloader on it. I would of went with something else, but its on there now and I dont want to take it off. I also have a AEM brute force intake and a Banks Hi-ram. Exhaust is coming in the spring. I was wondering what the pros and cons of bigger injectors are. Also does anyone have any experience with a Banks big head wastegate? Thanks for any info.
in my opinion, i would sell the 6 gun, sell the hi-ram, only for looks from what ive heard from..several people, keep brute force. exhaust 1st! with the extra $ get a Smarty or bddl. good things about both..........oh, u do have $ for a tranny right? . with injectors u would prob have to get a fass. ur lookin at $$ when u could get a downloader..or two for cheaper and work ur way up...but im no expert, just my .02 good luck
Old 11-03-2006, 01:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 35" 05'
in my opinion, i would sell the 6 gun, sell the hi-ram, only for looks from what ive heard from..several people, keep brute force. exhaust 1st! with the extra $ get a Smarty or bddl. good things about both..........oh, u do have $ for a tranny right? . with injectors u would prob have to get a fass. ur lookin at $$ when u could get a downloader..or two for cheaper and work ur way up...but im no expert, just my .02 good luck
Right on. That's some pretty sound advice.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:12 PM
Banned

Injectores equal heat, heat equals turbo. Exshaust first then a box see how you like it if it still ins't enough then injectors and turbo. Also I would look at the Smarty for your truck on, you don't have the Bosch computer and Crazy Larry would be 120 horse instead of the 220. But I have no idea what hp Smarty is.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:23 PM

I also had a banks six gun, took it off, sold it and now run the quad and bdpp! It makes ok power, good top end, but not much bottom. The intake and stuff is not that great. I have heard that you can stack it somehow, I know they say you cant, but you could put a downloader on top of it! Id suggest finding a used power pup! Stacking it and going from there! Look in the classifieds , I saw one there.

And yes, I saw a huge improvemnt just switching to a quad race box, but even more when I added the bdpp! I was like night and day!
Old 11-03-2006, 02:28 PM
Banned

gentlemen, you are leading this fellow astray.

GET GAUGES FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what good is all of the extra power when you have melted the motor down?

then buy all of the other toys in the order that my cohorts have mentioned.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:32 PM
Banned

He already has them Ill bet you, ok your on Zilla.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:34 PM
Banned

i dont see it listed jd, did i miss it? at least i called you a gentleman.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dodgezilla04
i dont see it listed jd, did i miss it? at least i called you a gentleman.
Nope but I will bet he does. If im wrong I will mail you something special.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Banned

sounds good, if i lose, i'll mail something to idaho as well. you're on.

mr 3500ctd, is there some form of gauges on that rig? boost pyro, monitor, outlook, banks pda?
Old 11-03-2006, 09:37 PM

Yeah, sorry I didnt mention it... I have boost, pyro, tranny guages.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:54 PM

Any info on Banks Big head?
Old 11-03-2006, 09:59 PM
Banned

Any info on Banks Big head?
Banks=poop
Old 11-03-2006, 10:02 PM

Im not contesting that. Im looking to find out if anyone has any info on them. I have one sitting in my shop but I dont want to spend the time putting it on if its not going to be worth it.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:16 PM

i have no info, but i think is just let your turbo add a little more boost, like 4-5 psi is what i was told.has better holding power too. not sure if you will really feel the difference.

Quick Reply: More power with Six-Gun