3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

More Mods(stacking boxes)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More Mods(stacking boxes)

Well i talked to Richard from GDP and ordered a GLS-392 system today. I guess i should have done more research before i jumped the gun and ordered my vulcan. But o well, so that will be here by next week and so will my ez and the new banks techni cooler.

I just want to know if anyone has done this stack before or some thing simular to it.

Edge ez - Level 2 (50HP)
BDDL Triple dog- on Performance (90HP)
BD Ram X Power- all the way up (130HP)
(i have these three all ready)

or should i::

TST Power Max CR
Edge ez

so i know the ez is pressure and so is the BDDL. But can it be to much pressure? i was thinking about just puting the BDDL on tow and then leave the rest the same. I also know that the BD diesel box is a timing and duration box(no pressure according to them). Its either that or i switch to the other configuration. So i dont know i was just wondering. I also plan to replace the clutch to a SB Con FE or OFE and alos the turbo in a couple of months.just wondering some thoughts. thanks guys

BTW i have not put the ez on yet so i will also take sugestions, i have a friend who said he would take the ez if i did not want to do this stack. thanks again
Old 06-12-2006, 10:01 AM

You are asking for injector problems with the BDDL and EZ stacked. Your best bet is the TST/BDDL stack for both driveability and max power. Either way, you will need to upgrade your turbo or you won't be able to use any of that power
Old 06-12-2006, 10:08 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
is anyone stacking the BDDL with the Juice? That might be an option instead of TST...
Old 06-12-2006, 02:17 PM

Is there anything wrong with the TST. I hear a lot of people on here trying to use something else, even though they know about the TST????
Old 06-12-2006, 02:29 PM

The Bully Dog gives no pressure increase in the tow mode. I`m running a BDPP and an EZ stacked. I run the BDPP on performance mode and the EZ on 2. Had this stack on for about 7K now with no problems.

No Happy, theres nothing wrong with the TST. The are LOTS of ppl that run the TST and love them.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:16 PM

The BD Ram X Power for the '03-'04 Cummins is duration only. The '04.5+ guys get the additional timming feature.

Right now I have an EZ and a VA C3.2 stacked and it seems to working out very well. I keep the EZ on level 1 and the VA on level 2 (70hp), with the VA on level 3 she will sure blow the smoke. However even with the TR mod the EGT's will skyrocket in a hurry with the VA on level 3. With the EZ on 1 (40hp) and the VA on 2 (70hp) EGT's are very manageable and for me seems like the sweet spot for daily driving. The VA alone seems sluggish off the line when by-itself, but picks up heavily on the upper RPM's. The EZ deffinetly fills the void from the 0+ RPM's. I am assuming this is why the TST guys have them stacked. I don't have the EZ and the VA stacked with the Juice that's in my sig, that is currently out of the truck and quite possibly soon to be here on the classifieds. This stack is darn smooth, and seems to net more power than the Juice did. It would be nice for Quad to develop that timming only box, that's about the only thing missing from this equation. Quad or anyone else have any intel there?
Old 06-12-2006, 05:14 PM

It is coming. In the first round of testing now.

Hopefully we can beta it in a few weeks.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the only proablem I woudl see with that praticular stack is too much duration possibly. not sure if I would want to run that much pressue all of the time either.

I am a little more paranoid that most. long term issues are harder to forsee so to speek.

I would rather have a timing duration box stacked with a pressure box if I wanted to stack. I have though about getting an mp-8 to go with my juice in case I wanted to play a bit more but my tranny really needs upgraded first.

optimumly you would do timing box, pressure box, duration box. then you have full control and really dial in the power cure you would want. sound like this may not be to far off.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:58 PM
Chapter President

I have been running my stack for about a year and 20K mi. now. Main thing I have wrong is the stupid TPS signal that is modified when the BDPP is in perf. or extreme. Makes things feel like a miss and it bucks and surges a little, cause the throtle is so sensitive, it feels like it's either on or off when under light throttle while cruising. Makes the cruise control unusable, and it doesn't like to idle down until just before you come to a complete stop. Because of this, 90% of my driving is done with the BDPP on tow, and adjusting the Edge at will. The other 10%; well, lets just say there are more than a few road racers here who know now to stay away if they see my truck next to them at a stop light. It is very smooth in this regard for a race/show off application.

I would really like to try the Diablo, but would need to sell this 1st. Good luck in your search
Old 06-13-2006, 02:57 AM

ok thanks guys. i was told that the BD box was a timing and duration box. My mistake. Like i Said though,if i qwas to run all three, i would have the BDDL on tow and the EZ on 2 And the BD Box on kill. like i said though, i might just wait and buy the turbo and then think about what to do, i might see if i can find a TST box. Which one do i want to buy though,i see they offer a R-49 and aR-47, im not familar with the TST and neither is many of the diesel shops in Calgary, Alberta. any help would be apreciated. Besides, if i do end upputting a Floor It Diesel Stage 2 CP3 in, i hope this will be enough. all i have to say is i want to do hard parts right the frst time,not twice. thanks again
Old 06-13-2006, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff K
You are asking for injector problems with the BDDL and EZ stacked. Your best bet is the TST/BDDL stack for both driveability and max power. Either way, you will need to upgrade your turbo or you won't be able to use any of that power

o Ya jeff, thanks for the help.i might have got ride ofmy BDDL today to a guy from work who wants it for his 6.0 furd. but thanks. Also, i wouldliketo take a look at ur truck while im home if you dont mind, i will be around for a few days and i just want to take a look at ur set up. If thats ok with u. Thanks, just pm me
Old 06-13-2006, 06:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quad, you are a mischievious one, aren't you...
Old 06-16-2006, 01:43 AM

i got a few tricks up me sleve. i am now looking at the tst with ez stack. o well. i got some workto do tommorow. All i Can say is BANKS and WOW.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:22 AM

Dude!!! Check the classifieds here QUICK!!!!! TST for a good price for an 03........
Old 06-16-2006, 10:06 AM

i already e-mailed him at 2 thismorning, just waitng for a reply. thanks for the info. i am just in the steps of the new banks technicooler kit. All i have to say is there was time spent on making these kits and they look awsome

Quick Reply: More Mods(stacking boxes)