3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

more bully dog probs...pyro reading

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 12:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
more bully dog probs...pyro reading

ive been through two triple dog setups now and this one seems to work ok. i originally had my pyro, POST turbo and the readings were all over the place and when i got on it, the readings would DROP into the low 100's then spike for a quick second. so yesterday i mounted the pyro pre turbo, in the runner between the #3 and #4 cylinders. while i get a higher spike temp, still running down the highway at 1700 rpms, the temps run at 330-350, if i get into the throttle more than halfway from this point, the reading goes back into the 100's then it jumps to 900-1000. AND i have a BHAF and 5" straight pipe. with the triple on extreme it said i hit 1500* last night WOT on a flat road. does this sound right? its set to defuel at 1250, so why did it keep fueling and climb that high? AHHHHHHH....
Old 01-22-2007, 12:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rockittboy
ive been through two triple dog setups now and this one seems to work ok. i originally had my pyro, POST turbo and the readings were all over the place and when i got on it, the readings would DROP into the low 100's then spike for a quick second. so yesterday i mounted the pyro pre turbo, in the runner between the #3 and #4 cylinders. while i get a higher spike temp, still running down the highway at 1700 rpms, the temps run at 330-350, if i get into the throttle more than halfway from this point, the reading goes back into the 100's then it jumps to 900-1000. AND i have a BHAF and 5" straight pipe. with the triple on extreme it said i hit 1500* last night WOT on a flat road. does this sound right? its set to defuel at 1250, so why did it keep fueling and climb that high? AHHHHHHH....
I had the very same problems bullydog told me to check the probe to see if it was bad.. Never had time but it would usually run around 300-350 and then if I got in it with CL 1500 going over an ant hill was easily done... I am hesitant to chip now... I can't decide I hear problems with Smarty, BD, Edge. I am thinkg I might go MP-8 or TST? I just didn't like the inconsistency of the BD Loved the power....

Shane
Old 01-22-2007, 01:02 AM

this is my 3rd pyro probe now in the quest to solve my problems. the power i get with it is only good if i wind it up to 2800 then it takes off like a greased pig. until then, its nothing special. hardly ANY smoke at all, period. maybe my truck is just a pile if like to find someone with another comparable chip and hook it up for an hour or two to see if im just wanting too much from a chip or if this isnt workin period. like ive said before, with the LOW power option on, the power is exactly what i am lookin for, but my tranny cant decide how or when to shift.