3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Modded Jeep Liberty Canister/Fuel Module

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you have a fuel pressure gauge Smokin? If not you should consider getting one.

With my BD running Crazy Larry I could draw my pressure down to zero and that was just shy of 450 hp on the dyno. So the stock system is not good enough for 450.

A few people have gone different routes looking to get better pressure without the ¼ tank problems many are having using just the new draw straw. Click on the link in my signature to see how I did it, it works well for me...
Old 09-02-2008, 12:13 PM

No no fuel pressure gauge yet. I am considering the Quadzilla which monitors fuel and rail pressure. If I am understanding correctly one may be able to change the 1/4" restriction on the stock module to 3/8" and possibly eliminate the need for a performance fuel pump alltogether for moderate increased fuel demands. If this is true it may work really well for me since I am considering 500-550 HP goals. Did I understand GMTDC correctly?
Old 09-02-2008, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by SmokinOilBurner
No no fuel pressure gauge yet. I am considering the Quadzilla which monitors fuel and rail pressure. If I am understanding correctly one may be able to change the 1/4" restriction on the stock module to 3/8" and possibly eliminate the need for a performance fuel pump alltogether for moderate increased fuel demands. If this is true it may work really well for me since I am considering 500-550 HP goals. Did I understand GMTDC correctly?
I was having a real tough time following your first post? I suppose you could revamp the intank lift pump by adding larger tubes and figuring out a way to make it so the bypass isn't stealing all your fuel. The bypass (?) is the Tee in the pickup tube and it ends up diverting alot of your fuel right back into the cup of your module. If this isn't making any sense then do some more searches.

Wait here if you haven't seen this, it will help you understand the module way better.

http://www.glacierdieselpower.com/im...umpExposed.pdf
Old 09-02-2008, 05:50 PM

Hey Roy,

Haven't seen you on the boards in a while. Hope things are going well for you and your family. I still have your stock fuel canister and other things too. Talk to ya' later,

Kevin.

P.S. I have taken a lot of photos of the stock fuel canister if anyone needs pics.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Shagginwagon
Hey Roy,

Haven't seen you on the boards in a while. Hope things are going well for you and your family. I still have your stock fuel canister and other things too. Talk to ya' later,

Kevin.

P.S. I have taken a lot of photos of the stock fuel canister if anyone needs pics.
Hey Kevin! I thought I saw you a while back over here in O.C. and I tryed to give you a shout, but I don't remember what happened? Just yesterday I was looking through Cummins Forum and I seen you just bought a smarty junior! You dog you! Of course I too picked up a smarty a while back I love that thing! I need to update my sig.

Was on the Northwest Bomber board and there is a guy from source trying to setup another dyno day at Fast Specialties. Sounds like it's gonna be in the beginning of October I am going to see what kind of numbers I can get out of these trucks! I am sure I'll see you there if they end up having the dyno-day. You wouldn't even have to pay huh? Sweet!
Later