3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Missing Data Link

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Missing Data Link

I am trying to install a quadzilla standard box and can not locate the data link to save my life, or at least my sanity. I have read the directions, looked everywhere around the filter housing from the drivers side, from in front, from on top, from above the tire. I seriously think DC forgot to put one on my truck.

Can anyone help????? PLLLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE!!!!!!!

I believe this is all I have left to do.

If I can't find it tonight, will the truck run like stock as long as I don't plug the box in?

Thanks
Old 09-27-2007, 09:04 PM

DC didn't forget to put it on. They didn't put one on any 2006 and new truck. It says in the instructions on the to of the page that talks about the Data link that it does not apply to 2006 and newer trucks or the XZT model.

You only need to hook up the fuel rail and MAP sensor and it will work fine.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:16 PM

You have got to be kidding me.... Well if true, and I am not doubting you at all, then there goes an hour of my life I will never get back. I guess I need to slow down and FULLY read the instructions.

THANK YOU FOR SAVING MY SANITY!!!!
Old 09-27-2007, 09:51 PM

OK, So I am not insane after all. I have the original instruction booklet that came with the box and it says "This page does not apply to XZT model". The book that is currently available on the quadzilla website says NOTHING about this does not apply to 2006 trucks.

Now, my next issue, I plugged my commander back in how it was, I plugged the box into its wiring harness. My Commander and the box wiring harness both have unused four-pin connectors that I thought would have to be connected to control the box with the Commander, only problem is, they both have the male connector. Now what?

Additional information: I have had the Commander for a few month, purchased new from DTR. I just purchased the Quad Standard box used from the classifieds from someone that said they were using it with a Commander on an 06 truck like mine.

I guess I will install the switch connector that came with the box and use that switch until I get this figured out.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:01 PM

Now I went to connect the switch harness to the rotary switch that was with the box and they fit together but one is about five pins female, and the switch has about ten male pins sticking out.

What's up with this?

I am starting to feel like saving $200 was not such a good deal.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:27 PM

Ok, if you look on the PCB right under the connector on the switch you will see where it says LED and BOX. You want it on the side that says box.

Did you get this used from somewhere?

It will work fine.

Also, You are probably trying to plug the switch port into the serial port on the Commander Fuel Pressure harness. Look on the other Commander harness that has the power and ground. You will see a White wire and a Black wire that goes into the 4 pin connector you need to plug into the Xzillaraider harness to control it.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:26 PM

Yes, two posts up it says it is used. The Commander was purchased new from DTR

Thanks for your help.