3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Milky Trans Fluid!! Help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What yall think?
Old 07-14-2008, 09:04 PM

i've never seen a dealership give free parts away because of a recall or warranty issue. i would think that they need you to bring the truck in so they can verify the problem, then do the work themselves so they get reimbursed by D/C.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:33 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
DO NOT RISK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE IT TOWED TO THE DEALER ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!I didn't print the entire recall but here is the reason WHY you need to have it towed to the dealer.

Customer Satisfaction Notification No. C44 Page 4
Transmission Cooler Line
13. Inspect the transmission fluid for indications of contamination with engine
coolant. If the transmission fluid is contaminated, the transmission cooler
must be replaced and the transmission must be rebuilt or replaced. Continue
with Section C – Replace Engine-Mounted Transmission Cooler and
Cooler Line.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:33 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think his warranty is pretty much history.

Just buy the cooler yourself. You really don't want to take it in and let a dealer mess with it.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:51 AM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by no_6_oh_no
I think his warranty is pretty much history.

Just buy the cooler yourself. You really don't want to take it in and let a dealer mess with it.
Yeah....missed that part of his sig! Either way...your gonna need some internal repairs more than likely. If you had an exceptional relationship with your dealer, you could maybe get them to give you the cooler, seals, and clutches under the recall, but they would basically have to fill out a workorder as if they did the repairs ( basically lie ). It could be worth a sit down with the service manager at your local dealer. Good luck!
Old 07-15-2008, 04:10 PM

Well as soon as it happen I pulled the pan and cracked the lines lose and blew them out and pulled the drain plug on my TC and drained it. Im going to have 2 power flushs done on the trans and see if that helps. If not guess Ill just be pullin the trans and having the messed up clutchs fixed!! AHH Im startin to hate this truck lately! One thing after another
Old 07-15-2008, 04:33 PM

isn't Dodge required to send out a notice if there's a recall?
Old 07-15-2008, 07:26 PM

Thats what I thought to.. I went up there today and they kept giving me some big *** run around! God I hate dealerships!! The part is $600 bucks too!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2008, 07:53 PM

Flushing alone will not reverse the damage done. The problem is that the clutch discs in an auto do not get along with water at all. Any water will cause damage to the clutch friction surfaces. You can flush and flush all you want. You may get lucky but chances are the damage is already done and it is only a matter of time before it becomes evident. Why do you think that for the recall if there is any signs of contamination the tranny must be rebuilt? Reason is because the clutch packs are already contaminated by the water and need to be replaced.

It would be worth finding out if DC will still do the recall even with the mods as it is a recall not a bulletin or warranty issue. I would also be tempted to contact the NHTSA http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/
and see what they say about the recall as the safety issue has occured which wasn't a result of your performance mods. You may get lucky and get the repairs covered due to the recall.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:04 PM

I am just going to do it myself.. My dealership keeps beating around the bust. I drained the pan,tc and everything I could drain or blow air through as soon as it happened.. I think I caught it in time. We will see..
Old 07-15-2008, 09:02 PM
MMMmmmm.... Grits!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
PM sent.....

Chris
Old 07-15-2008, 09:07 PM
MMMmmmm.... Grits!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by chipmonk
isn't Dodge required to send out a notice if their's a recall?
Chrysler will send out recall notices to the address of a VIN, everytime the owner is changed. Not just given a new address. If you're like me and are your own warranty shop, then the vehicle hardly see the dealership. Most dealers these days will pull a summary on any vehicle that comes into their service drive. This way they get any extra work provided from incomplete recalls.

Chris
Old 01-19-2009, 04:35 PM

I was just wondering if you have any update to your problem. I also have the same problem with my 2006 2500 dodge ram. I have 75,000 miles on my truck and I just took it to the dealership to see if they can do anything for me. Thanks,
Randy
Old 01-19-2009, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by rholmes4
I was just wondering if you have any update to your problem. I also have the same problem with my 2006 2500 dodge ram. I have 75,000 miles on my truck and I just took it to the dealership to see if they can do anything for me. Thanks,
Randy
It turned out to be the cooler on the side of the engine
Old 01-19-2009, 07:29 PM

so what did this end up costing you?

Quick Reply: Milky Trans Fluid!! Help!!!!!