3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

MBRP Exhaust Note?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 09:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBRP Exhaust Note?

I have, or should say had a muffler delete pipe on my 06 2500. It has rusted thru and I'm looking at a Cat Back MBRP system. Can anyone tell me how the exhaust note of the MBRP compares to the exhaust note of the muffler delete pipe, louder, quieter, and I live near Cinn, OH and they use salt all winter on the roads, should I go with the stainless or will the aluminized hold up ok? Thanks
Old 12-03-2012, 10:40 AM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

With your area I'd go with the stainless material. For a stock truck the MBRP muffler is relatively quiet. I've undergone "numerous" exhaust configurations ranging in open tailpipe style, open stacks, muffled stacks, multi-muffled tailpipe..etc, etc,etc.

Now that I'm aging I do enjoy just hearing the radio so I opted to couple a Grand Rock "resonator" (4" in/out, 19"L x 10"D) directly to the MBRP muffler and the sound out the tailpipe is almost stock sounding.....albeit, I do have a larger turbo so I do get the lovely whistle out of it. If the wife approves then it must be a good setup!!! The open stacks were nice in the looks dept but my goodness......even I got a headache listening to them. Now I just enjoy the quiet whistle.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:57 AM

Hey jhenson, sounds like it should not be any louder than running my stock exhaust with the muffler delete pipe on, would you agree?
Old 12-04-2012, 09:25 AM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

It'll be quieter! I'm assuming you still have the cat in place....adding a muffler to the equation will only quieten it down more.