3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

MBRP Dual Exaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBRP Dual Exaust Question

Im leaning towards a new exaust system for my truck and latley the MBRP XP Series "Cool Duals" have caught my attention. I see a lot of single exaust systems and would like to have something a little different.

I know that duals are commonly associated with high HP trucks, something that mine isn't pushing at the moment, would I be ok running them pretty much stock for a while? I will eventualy get a box and all the other goodies just not all at once. Would back pressure be a concern for me? Do the duals come straight-piped or is there a muffler on the system?

Also, I'd appreciate it if any one could chime in their opinion on MBRP exausts, duals or not. Im not looking for a stock sound, perfer the sound of a staight pipe. Noticable power difference?

Thanks, Nate
Old 02-26-2006, 09:45 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check this thread that is open now. MBRP
Old 02-26-2006, 09:50 PM

I have the single MBRP. It's pretty nice. These third generations just don't sound as good but as far as quality goes I think it's about as good as one could expect for the price. Road salt will eat it up very quickly though.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:57 PM

crobtex- Thanks for the link.

coolslice- Do you have the Aluminum or SS exaust system? I have 60k on my stock exaust and it dosen't look all that bad from road salt/debris.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:20 PM

I think the muffler and cat delete pipe are SS and the tail pipe is aluminum. I noticed that the first salting we got back in the fall really put some rust scars on the tail pipe. It looks like crap. I need to get under the truck to see what the rest of it looks like. I can't remember which one I got, but it was the cheaper of the two.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:44 PM
Banned

I love the sound of the Cool Duals. As far as running them on a high hp truck, thats not an issue either. You will be fine with a stock, or not so stock truck. And yes they do come with a louverd muffler.

We try to tell our customers that live in the northern areas that use salt for snow removal to at least purchase the 409 stainless system so it will last.

The MBRP 409 systems come with a five year warranty. The 304 systems have a lifetime warranty, so thats something else to consider as well.

I would be glad to help you in anyway if you need. But either way, single or dual MBRP system, you will be happy with the fit, finish and easy installation. Plus the good sound you get make it the perfect system in our opinion.

MBRP has also announced they are bulding a stacks exhaust systems too. We will have them available asap.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:55 AM

I've got the duals and love them. Mine don't drone and they aren't too bad for noise while cruising. If you hammer it they have a sweet tone too. I agree though these trucks just don't sound like a 2nd gen.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:56 AM

Thanks for all the input, I appreciate it.

Im leaning towards the 409 SS Dual System.

Is there a way to remove the muffler and add a straight pipe to it? Or do you all think it would be to obnoxious?
Old 02-27-2006, 10:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Nate-03 D
Thanks for all the input, I appreciate it.

Im leaning towards the 409 SS Dual System.

Is there a way to remove the muffler and add a straight pipe to it? Or do you all think it would be to obnoxious?
I have a straight 3.5" coming out in front of the rear tire and it's pretty loud and has a bad drone a 2k RPMs.

Anyone have a good Used 3.5" to 5" Exhaust (or Muffler) For Sale ?? Email me if you do.

Katmandu@woh.rr.com
Old 02-27-2006, 10:28 AM
Banned

Nate-03 D,

You can get the systems by MBRP in aluminized, 409 and 304 stainless. The entire system is either aluminized or 409 or 304, they don't mix materials. The aluminized is fine for SW USA and or short term ownerships. The 409 is what came on the truck as standard DC equipment and will last longer, however it will brown/gray out and get spots on it. The 304 will stay shiney and last longer then you and I will no matter where you live. Costs more but also includes the dual wall tips in the price too, so it's not as bad as you might imagine price wise. I have duals on my truck and love them!

Mark @ DPPI
Old 02-27-2006, 11:29 AM

Thanks Mark I appreciate it. I should have me a set of MBRP 409 "Cool Duals" on order soon.

Anyone have any videos or sound clips of the cool duals? I like the straight pipe on my fathers 03 but I can't imagine how duals would sound. I guess if I don't like it I can always add a pipe where the muffler is.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:41 PM

I have had the "Cool Duals" on my truck for over 1.5 years. Even with the salt and mag chloride that is used here, they still look great and sound even better.