3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

MBRP after few weeks, no more alarms..

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 06:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBRP after few weeks, no more alarms..

Interesting.. When I first put in the MBRP I set off several alarms in our parking garage. One parked behind me in particular that the old exhaust would have chirping at me every day was now being set off. After the first week, it stoped setting the alarm behind me off and now it doesn't even arm it. I can't really tell any difference in tone in the cab but at least the alarms in the parking garage are happy with it.. I guess they "mellow" a little with time. I don't understand why that makes a difference after a few weeks but it certainly seems to..

Maybe everyone got tired of their alarms going off and quit using them??

Arlon
Old 05-26-2006, 06:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They do have a sensitivity adjustment on most alarms, but I doubt they all turned them down in the last two weeks.
I drive down the same sidestreets everyday to work. Somedays I set off the same 2 car alarms. Somedays not...
Old 05-26-2006, 07:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My theory/guess after many experiences with different exhaust and alarms is that atmospheric conditions do have an effect. Especially with the ones that have sonic vibration type sensors. Heavier air will deaden some of the sound vibrations. Sometimes it is because of the surrounding environment, like vehicle parked next to a wall or object that will echo the vibrations quickly back. Sort of a double hit. My current exhaust is not really loud at all. I still set off alarms in the parking lot at work, especially the ones parked next to metal wall building.

My last Ram with the Hemi and Magnaflow dual-chamber dual 3 1/2 inch out would set off every alarm in the parking lot just idling through. I have been told it set off car alarm parked in a close garage as I drove down the street. It was too loud for me also, but it was fun sometimes.

I am sure that the eductated will debunk my guesses, so take them with a grain of salt.