3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

MBRP 5 inch Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess everyone has their opinions on how loud an exhaust is. The 5050 Aero Turbine definitely does not seem that loud to me. I think my AFE 4 in may have been louder with the straight through resignator. I haven't had any problems with my MBRP on my 06, and I have definitely taken it through some bumps. Maybe your downpipe is defected or something. I really don't see how your downpipe could even come loose considering the lips the clamp press together. Maybe MBRP will send you another downpipe or something. I called them the other day because I wanted the SS clamps instead of the u bolt clamps. If you have the receipt from your exhaust and can e-mail it to them they will give you those clamps for free. I was very surprised and was expecting to pay for them. They seem to be really nice people and if you tell them something may be wrong with your downpipe and it keeps coming off they might send you a new one or something. Its worth a try. Like I said I have no problems whatsoever with mine.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Around 3 years ago i have installed 4" magnaflow on my truck. here in switzerland we must go all 5 years to the departement of cars to test it.
he have say my exhaust are to loud...
then i must change to stock exhaust and the departement was happy.
After Mail to Aero if say me to add 4040 xl on my truck with the magnaflow muffler.Fact if this combo are to loud for here in switzerland.(i think the 5050 are same loud).
My MBRP have no leak and downpipe are ok....i will change now the muffler to the donaldson 100465 an will see!

Chris