3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Match making??

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Match making??

o.k.I have read every thread on programmers/chips I could find,but that has just made my head spin,could you please help me make this crittical choice.

I need a programmer/guage set up for my sig truck.it will be used for towing heavy equipment ie 20,000lbs including trailer.I dont need massive hp or trq numbers,I do need to preserve my 48re.I am looking for 40-80 hp,and most important,low egts.I dont mind if I have to install analog guages seperatly or have an electronic system.but I do want the best.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Banned

IMO analong gauges. i have isspro and like them. for a box i would look at the quadzilla xzt...its a towing box and everyone seems to like them.

brett
Old 06-03-2007, 12:20 PM

I would say your key words there are "preserve my 48re". In this case, I would suggest the Edge Juice with Attitude, this unit already has the gauges and protection is a key feature of this unit, plus you get adjustable power and unprecedented customer service.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:24 PM

Quadzilla products! You need the commander/ zxt tow module!
Old 06-03-2007, 01:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rustyshakelford
IMO analong gauges. i have isspro and like them. for a box i would look at the quadzilla xzt...its a towing box and everyone seems to like them.

brett

X2 on the guages! I have been running the same Isspro guages for 7 years they are on their second truck.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Banned

Dr. Performance Predator Stage Three or so their pretty cheap and the stage three comes with a stock, tow, and performance toggle switch option so that when your not towing you can still have the wow factor.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:04 PM

thanx for the responses,the "edge juice with attitude" and the full set of phantom guages with dr performance predator module work out to very close to the same price, is there one that gets lower egt?than the other?thanx
Old 06-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by txfiremedic
I would say your key words there are "preserve my 48re". In this case, I would suggest the Edge Juice with Attitude, this unit already has the gauges and protection is a key feature of this unit, plus you get adjustable power and unprecedented customer service.
When it all comes down to it, your right foot is your transmissing protection feature. Even stock you can tear one up.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:07 AM

wow,I just read through the "juice attitude instructions" on the edge web site,it is a very involved installation compared to the dr performance box.
This isnt a big deal if you only did it once,but if I gotta do it every time it goes back to the dealer,thats a big reason to go with analog guages and just a plug in type box,or am I wrong?thanx
Old 06-04-2007, 06:29 AM

Thumbs up

It's not really that bad. The first time might take you a little while, like 15 minutes or so. Once you know where all the plugs are and where it all needs to go, it's less than a 5 minute job.
I'd go with the Edge, it's an awesome product. You can't go wrong.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:59 AM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

I love my Edge w/ Attitude. I like the built in safety as well as built in gauges. I tow 20,000 (gcw) frequently and love setting 2 it's just enough power to keep the transmission from gear searching when going up hills. I also like the fact it lets me know when the T/C starts to slip so I can let off when needed.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:59 AM

Its more involved because there are more features. Along with performance, you get the built in turbo cool down timer, it reads and clears trouble codes. As for taking it off everytime you go to the steal er ship, I would hope that you didn't have to go that frequently. Like SconsinSmoker says, once you know what you're doing its a 5 min job. Definitely the way to go!!!