3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Mag Hytec AA-9.25 for front axle

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a full set of Mag-pans waiting for installation.

Has anyone installed the front pan with a 2-3" lift?

Has anyone installed the front pan without any knocking / rubbing issues?
Old 08-17-2006, 04:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe those running a lift don't have any issues. When you install the front cover, use the supplied gasket, it is thinner. If there is still a spanking issue, I suggest you throw this cover away as probably no one will back the current style. I question the supplied gasket, though it is thinner, if it is still enough to clear what needs to be cleared, even under more sever off road conditions.

The question I will ask is, for those who are using the front cover, which gasket are you using????
Old 08-17-2006, 08:53 PM

I am using the gasket it came with. It still hits.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:34 AM

Thanks for that, Now I won't waste my time and $40.00 worth of Royal Purple. Will probably remove it at next oil change and dump it!! Not worth the possible outcome!! If it lasts that long without cracking!!!

Now I will say,

Stay away from the Mag front cover. Do not buy, I repeat, do not buy...

Rear cover and trans pan are absolutely great!!!!!
Old 08-20-2006, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Nascarcamper
After a few trips here is what my front cover looks like. I since have removed the axle link, and have taken a grinder to it and made just a wee bit more clearance, I hope between the wear on the cover and the small grinding on the link, it will not make anymore contact. I touched up the paint on both and will keep a watchful eye on it. I have sent e-mail to Jerry @ Mag-Hytec and waiting a response. By the way, my front cover serial number is X005.

Well, did you ever get a response from Mag?? If so, would you share with us, the outcome??? Very curious if anything at all was accomplished. Or, those of us who have the front Mag cover, eat this one!
Old 08-25-2006, 05:27 AM

Diff cover

Has anyone tried a Thuren's or other brand of track bar in an attempt to resolve this problem? I have not installed my diff cover yet but it will go back to the vendor if the fit is not right. Unfortunately this is revision 2 for this cover from Mag-Hytec. I guess I should have been suspicious when it was not listed on their website.

L8r,.............dogger
Old 08-25-2006, 08:27 AM

Guess I'll be going with PML instead of the Mags. Thanks for posting this so everybody got a heads-up. Probably saved a lot of heart ache.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:02 AM

Man, I am I glad for this website. I planned on putting the mag hytec trans pan and diff covers on my truck. If I still decide to get the rear and trans, I will not get the front for sure!!

Thanks for the info.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The PML covers are cheaper and don't have any interference issues.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:34 PM

I've talked to Jerry at Mag, he basically Poo poo 's it off!!! I seriously doubt they are going to address this issue any further. He also states, "I only know of 2 problems with the front cover and one was with some guy in Canada" He can also have a bit of a attitude, stating while laughing, "If you can design a better cover, let me know and I'll build it"

OOOOOK Jerry!

As stated before, the trans and rear diff covers are great, no problem, But stay away from that front cover!!!!
Old 08-27-2006, 12:16 PM

A friend of the owner of Mag Hytec is a customer of mine. He traded me all three pans for some work I did for him. Now I'm not sure if I want to install the front pan. Sounds like Mag Hytec is avoiding all responsibility for a possible poor design.

I have a Kore suspension and some say that it shouldn't hit with a lift. Seems like it will still hit, but at more shock compression than stock. Is my thinking correct or am I missing something?

Anyone have the front pan with a 2-3" lift? What were your findings?

Thanks. Rick.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:11 PM

I don't believe anyone with a lift is having any issues. It's those who are stock. All's MAG needs to do is make the cover smaller, plain and simple. Just reduce depth and problem solved!!! What will be lost?? 1/2 -3/4 qt of oil??? No biggie, it holds close to four qts. already..
Old 09-01-2006, 09:11 PM

I'm going to try it. I'll post my findings after installation and some off-roading.
I'll also be replacing the track bar soon with Thuren or Carli. Hope not to have any issues after it's installed.

Rick
Old 10-29-2006, 09:46 PM

He said the same thing to me about "If you can design a better one". I`m thinking, I just want it corrected. They offered no service at all. $265.00 down the drain. I might try grinding on it. I`m afraid all the hitting might wear out something else. We`ll next oil change might have a PML on the front. Kevin
Old 10-29-2006, 10:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You ought to sell it to someone with a lift and use the money to get a PML.

Quick Reply: Mag Hytec AA-9.25 for front axle