3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

made first "major" investment!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
made first "major" investment!

well, after researching about programmers and box/modules for the oast 4 months, I finally decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on one. I purchased the QUADZILLA XZILLARAIDER 2. I have read a lot of good things about this module and I am pleased with my decision. hopefully it and I will be good on the rest of the truck. I dont want any big mess ups anytime soon. thought i would share that with the guys that have helped me the past 4 months! take it easy

Jake H.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Awesome!! The next big investment will be your transmission replacement. J/K Good luck with the new toy
Old 02-12-2008, 08:38 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Congrats. And go easy on that tranny!!
Old 02-12-2008, 09:56 PM

cincy..so true,

that programmer wasn't a big investment at all....fixing what it destroys....THAT will be an investment!

sorry, I'm no hater, I just don't have the cajones to pull the trigger on a programmer....just cause I know I don't want to swing the cash to do it up right.

seriously though, have fun with it.

believe it or not I have NEVER ridden in a dodge with a programmer...anyone live near chicago...or the outer banks....I'd really like the get a taste of the insanity.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:05 PM

Welcome to the addiction!! its harder to break than CRACK!!
Old 02-12-2008, 10:17 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by icrider
cincy..so true,

that programmer wasn't a big investment at all....fixing what it destroys....THAT will be an investment!

sorry, I'm no hater, I just don't have the cajones to pull the trigger on a programmer....just cause I know I don't want to swing the cash to do it up right.

seriously though, have fun with it.

believe it or not I have NEVER ridden in a dodge with a programmer...anyone live near chicago...or the outer banks....I'd really like the get a taste of the insanity.
are you sure you want to do that? could be a bad move and you will be hooked and part of some club! LOL
Old 02-12-2008, 10:17 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

Welcome to the club! You need to shoot over to the Buck here in the Spring. It isnt real far for you at all. I will let you use the Smarty and finish off that trans for sure! You can pull the sled or dragrace there. It is a good time for sure.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Banned

Hey mr rider thats what its all about havin fun. Once they drop the bomb, its all over, so might as well enjoy it now! Get yourselfan edge smarty or quad and burn it up! We burn that once a monh in rent. Git er done
Old 02-13-2008, 08:33 AM

UMM..i guess you havent gotten the memo that when you dump $$$$$ into these trucks its not a "investment", if that was the case i'd look smarter!
Old 02-13-2008, 08:52 AM
BRT

Thats how it starts.
It's a slippery slope we all navigate in the realm of truck modifiaction.

Read Mr. DOGEZILLA's posts about remaining stock.
It is inspiration NOT to pull the trigger.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:46 AM

Matego, i was definitely planning on going to the buck in the spring. a lot of my buddies go up there. This past fall i shot down to cecil a couple times with my buddies. But i will look forward to meeting you up there sometime. When does it open up?

Jake H.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by nfsommer
UMM..i guess you havent gotten the memo that when you dump $$$$$ into these trucks its not a "investment", if that was the case i'd look smarter!
If I invested money in my truck and enjoy riding in it more because of the mods...I would say that it was a great investment in my truck.

People don't redo a house because of the added value, they do it because they want it a certain way and like to make things more modern, it just happens that when you make a house nicer the value goes up.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by HOBrian
People don't redo a house because of the added value, they do it because they want it a certain way and like to make things more modern, it just happens that when you make a house nicer the value goes up.

yeah, but b'c it happens, it certainly helps to justify the cost.

this coming from a guy who's truck is perfectly fine but it's at the body shop getting work done to it to "make it look cooler" total waste of money but I just can't help but say yes when it comes to my truck
Old 02-13-2008, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by icrider
yeah, but b'c it happens, it certainly helps to justify the cost.
You can't tell me that smoking a honda doesn't justify the cost of a programmer/ chip!!

My wife tells me that I never spend money on myself, it is always for others. I told her I spend money on myself a lot...TRUCK MODS baby!!!! I totally understand the body shop thing
Old 02-13-2008, 11:03 AM
madhat's monkey boy...

Originally Posted by Hicksy
Matego, i was definitely planning on going to the buck in the spring. a lot of my buddies go up there. This past fall i shot down to cecil a couple times with my buddies. But i will look forward to meeting you up there sometime. When does it open up?

Jake H.
http://www.buckmotorsports.com/schedule.html

It looks like May 10th is the first event. It is a good time for sure.... at least 100 trucks are there competing. PA DTR15 usually has a bunch of campers there and they have a big cookout. PM me when it gets closer to May 10th and we can meet up in the parking lot for some cold ones Attachment 19768

Quick Reply: made first "major" investment!