3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

lowest 1/4 mile time

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it takes around 5 minutes. (just leave it on kill mode so you can lay it to the ford boys when you need to)

I think the 06s are shipping tomorrow...
Old 10-19-2006, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Wagner
how are you doing nick

http://www.madselectronics.com

Awesome, thank you
Old 10-19-2006, 10:43 PM

97 Your seat of pants is wrong. Scary Larry from HTS is about the same as Smarty but it destroys transmissions that are not full billet race. Everyone who has heads up raced Smarty against Crazy Larry has found the Smarty to be .3 seconds faster which is the world. Unless your truck is way different than everyone elses.... Smarty is closer to BLDL on standards for sure as shifting talent has a huge part to play in the fueling. ks
Old 10-19-2006, 10:47 PM

Not trying to argue but do you have first hand experience of the Scary Larry from HTS vs. Smarty. I like both but Im just trying to find out for sure before I go to the track. I've been around a truck with the current Smarty and I honestly don't think it's got what my crazy larry does. I do think it is safer in the long run.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Luken,

Don't have any experience with the HTS Scary Larry, but the BDTD 2.3.1 Crazy Larry on mine best I could do was 13.00s 1/4. Smarty SW 8 with same TST and EZ settings is solid 12.8s, some 12.7s and a one time 12.47s 1/4. That is the difference on my truck.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:16 PM

i love my crazzy larry on my 06 6spd. wouldn't get rid of it for nothing. smokes when wanted doesn't when i don't. never goes off crazzy larry. from what i've read about the smarty is it's real touchy and super sensitive throttle. a bit jerky when you get on the go pedal. no first hand experience on the smarty only what i've read. crazzy larry on my mega cab i ran a best of 14.29. i'm on a stock clutch still and i've drag raced it about 15 times. still holdin strong. anywho hope this helps since i have the same truck as you.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:16 PM

Lucas, sworn to secrecy, but you will hopefully be confirming it asap. Can't wait to see another comparision. But what do I know, I have a little old SO. There are only a few people with Scary Larry from HTS so there are only a few able to compare. Hmmmmm, who's running Scary Larry from HTS???? and who's had a Smarty at their disposal. Show of hands.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:04 AM

ive had em both and give the edge to the hts uscl and it won hands down at the track as well b/c im one of the lucky ones that the smarty doesnt get rid of all my tq management
Old 10-20-2006, 10:22 AM

If the version of the Smarty doesn't get rid of all the Torque Management then the Scary Larry will definitely win out.....The original Smarty was problematic but it did get rid of 80% of the TM. I still got better results with the RAD on. Lucas, Sorry I forgot about you being '05 and the '05's retaining some of the TM. For racing in an '05... Scary Larry is hard to beat.....I'd like to see what Smarty would do on your truck as your truck is one of the hardest charging of the '05's....plus I'm thinking that head gasket #3 is not too far away. ks
Old 10-20-2006, 11:51 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=abc4yew;1173535]97 Your seat of pants is wrong. Scary Larry from HTS is about the same as Smarty but it destroys transmissions that are not full billet race. Everyone who has heads up raced Smarty against Crazy Larry has found the Smarty to be .3 seconds faster which is the world. Unless your truck is way different than everyone elses.... Smarty is closer to BLDL on standards for sure as shifting talent has a huge part to play in the fueling. ks[/QUOTE

Apparently the Smarty doesn't work well with my truck. I had 5 instances of after letting of the throttle, the truck would accelerate again on its own for a couple of seconds....and another instance of cruising down the road at 45 and the truck accelerated to 60 without me ever moving my throttle foot. I had tranny shifting headaches....so bad that I could only use the Stock Torque Management program to keep it from getting the tranny confused.

level 7 and 9 weren't very fast for me. Crazy Larry was better. Smarty on 5 with a TS MP8 on 50% was very nice!!!! but spool up time was horrible and smoke was bad, too bad for city driving.

what i said about crazy larry vs smarty was strictly programmer for programmer on a stock turbo-ed truck. Yall with twins, phat shaft 66's, etc probably do like the smarty better. I wouldn't argue that at all...but the original question here was programmer for programmer...and maybe the Smarty just didn't like my truck for all i know....i ran 3 programs in the Smarty too and never found something i really enjoyed...Thus, i went back to Bullydog.

I sold my smarty to a close friend, also a member here and he loves it on his 6 speed. At out DTR/Texas A&M Diesel Unlimited meeting last night he and I were talking about it. He drove my truck with the smarty and ofcourse drives his 6 speed with the Smarty daily. He told me it is a lot different on his truck and theres more power. So maybe it is just my truck.....
Old 10-20-2006, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Pack Mule
crazzy larry on my mega cab i ran a best of 14.29. i'm on a stock clutch still and i've drag raced it about 15 times. still holdin strong.
Have you done anything else to your truck besides the CL? 14.29 on a mega cab with a 6 speed is incredible if you are still stock. What else have you done, if anything?
Old 10-20-2006, 12:25 PM

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Is this what i would get if i wanted a crazy larry? How come its only +120 hp on the 03's and +240 on the newer trucks?

also, could i stack this with my EZ.

I give it a week before i blow my trans when i do this but owe well.. lol
Old 10-20-2006, 01:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nfsommer

Is this what i would get if i wanted a crazy larry? How come its only +120 hp on the 03's and +240 on the newer trucks?

If i was you i would buy a Triple Dog...it is a little more money but it can be used on 03+ Dodges, 03+ Fords, and all duramaxes...plus you can upgrade it online for free.

Since you have an 03, You can't use Crazy Larry. Crazy Larry is 04.5+ only. It may show up on your downloader as crazy larry, but the regular extreme program will be loaded.

Yes it will stack well with the EZ, just be sure to get the boost elbow.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nfsommer

Because 03's are lame when it comes to electronic programming. I sure wish I would of knowen before I bought a 03...
Old 10-20-2006, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by abc4yew
If the version of the Smarty doesn't get rid of all the Torque Management then the Scary Larry will definitely win out.....The original Smarty was problematic but it did get rid of 80% of the TM. I still got better results with the RAD on. Lucas, Sorry I forgot about you being '05 and the '05's retaining some of the TM. For racing in an '05... Scary Larry is hard to beat.....I'd like to see what Smarty would do on your truck as your truck is one of the hardest charging of the '05's....plus I'm thinking that head gasket #3 is not too far away. ks
SHHH!!! Don't say that too loud. I hope it holds up for a while... I've got some big plans in the next few months...

Quick Reply: lowest 1/4 mile time