3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Lorenzo's 2.25 system on sale?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lorenzo's 2.25 system on sale? (delete double post)

Anyone using his stuff? For the price looks like a great system. Whats up with the plush ride and the IR coils?

I know people prefer Carli but for the non hard core driver who wants a better ride and a lift to make it more streetable and more capable off road all the big 3 are apples to apples.

Thanks

Last edited by diablo1; 04-17-2009 at 10:05 AM. Reason: double post
Old 04-17-2009, 10:11 PM

Talking Suspension

He would have to give away free and I still would not want it!
Old 04-18-2009, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by J.Suplanski
He would have to give away free and I still would not want it!

Why? The guys with Lorenz systems seem to love them.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:09 AM

i think if you have an opinion (good or bad) you should state why. otherwise you have no credibility
Old 04-18-2009, 09:57 AM

I've looked at the Lorenz systems and find them to be good suspension systems. I have my mutt suspension only because of the deal I got on the Kore parts. Otherwise, it probably would have been a Lorenz 2.25 or complete Thuren system. No need to spend the $$ on Carli or KORE, but they sure are sweet systems, too!!
Old 04-18-2009, 10:49 AM

Diablo...people get a little charged over the susp topic here on DTR....

I like mine for what i wanted it for (better ride, handling, no bottoming, the way the susp should have come from the factory, plus a moderate lift)....no it's not an offroad jumping / dunes setup...but i dont do that (with the truck at least)..i love the setup i have for what i want / do with the truck....

All that being said, if i had $8k i had nothing else to use on, i'd love a full boat carli system...why not, it's pretty awesome....
Old 04-18-2009, 01:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jgiachino
Diablo...people get a little charged over the susp topic here on DTR....

I like mine for what i wanted it for (better ride, handling, no bottoming, the way the susp should have come from the factory, plus a moderate lift)....no it's not an offroad jumping / dunes setup...but i dont do that (with the truck at least)..i love the setup i have for what i want / do with the truck....

All that being said, if i had $8k i had nothing else to use on, i'd love a full boat carli system...why not, it's pretty awesome....

Those people that get "charged" are the people that have been in and around this type of suspension for years, and know where Lorenz suspension really comes from.
Diablo, You can piece together or get a kit from Don Thuren at www.Thurenfabrication.com Super easy to talk to and he can get you your suspension dialed for whatever you would do with it.
Carli has great stuff as well, and KORE aint bad, but it is just as stiff on road, as your stock stuff.

Good luck!
Old 04-18-2009, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by MOTONATE
and KORE aint bad, but it is just as stiff on road, as your stock stuff.

Good luck!
I'll second that... I'm on my 2nd KORE spring/shock system. The front is significantly stiffer, the rear is softer, valving is super stiff. Handles very well on-road for a lifted truck, but I'd prefer the much softer ride of the full Thuren/King setup or Carli's system...
Old 04-18-2009, 02:09 PM

Thuren, King, Carli almost the same. Don uses Carli's springs for his systems...In the process of receiving my full "Thuren Full King System" from Don. I was just in the LA area for vacation and picked up the full leafs from Carli's shop to save money on shipping.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:49 PM

Thats not totally true, Don also has his own Coils / Leafs...it all depends on how you spec your system......
Old 04-19-2009, 08:39 AM

So for the value is it a good deal? Can the other guys put together their stuff for the same price? And what about the IR plush and HD coils. Any feed back on those?
Old 04-19-2009, 12:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Euronymous
Thats not totally true, Don also has his own Coils / Leafs...it all depends on how you spec your system......
That is the truth.......... I'm Running Dons coils, with Carli's full leafs
Old 04-19-2009, 12:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by diablo1
So for the value is it a good deal? Can the other guys put together their stuff for the same price? And what about the IR plush and HD coils. Any feed back on those?
There isnt value in it, because for the price he has them at, your not going to get the performance out of it. Either piece/get a kit from Thuren. Or buy one of Carlis kits that might cost a little more than what Lorenz has his at.
I think the best "value" is going with Don, since he can have the KING's valved for any type of driving you personally want to do............
Old 04-19-2009, 12:47 PM

ummm, Don's front coils in his full King system are coming for Carli too...they are on back order or I would have picked them up the same time from Jesse at Carli.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by AkitaSumo
ummm, Don's front coils in his full King system are coming for Carli too...they are on back order or I would have picked them up the same time from Jesse at Carli.
I never doubted you or saying your wrong, because im using Carli Coils and Carli Full Leafs in my setup from Don, But Don does in fact have his own coil's and full leafs....like I said it all depends how you setup your system / or Don will decide based on your truck plans etc....

Don will never steer anyone wrong!

Quick Reply: Lorenzo's 2.25 system on sale?