3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Lorenz lift?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lorenz lift?

I was just wondering if anyone here is running the Lorenz lifts or what. There site wasnt much on info.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:23 PM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How much lift you lookin for?
By the way how did that pillar work out for ya?
Old 02-01-2006, 02:21 AM

Im just lookin for a Kore but I thought before I pound out the big dough I would check out the other brands. It looked like the Lorenz was a popular choice with the tdr fellas and it all looked good on there site I just was wanting more info.

Oh that pillar worked out great for me, with the exception of now thinkin I should have gone Tst instead of Edge. Im thinkin about gettin the hot flash but that was the whole reason I bought the edge is becouse I cant have settings that will tear stuff up cause I always have to find that limit and end up walkin. Stupid curiosity just caused me a new clutch. I think the wife thinks becouse Im always buyin stuff that the truck is a lemon. She'll never catch on if I keep upgradin after I break stuff.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:09 PM

I am a little skeptical on his high tech strenght test of a 9mm. I should have one of the mechanical engineer hear simulate the strenght of the two mounts. I have a feeling the material thinkness and 360 degrees of support give the edge to the kore mount. I have not seen anyone on hear with this lift. I would email him and see what the $1750 buys you. I am not framilar with race runner shocks. I have only run fox and bilstein. they look nice but I don't know crap about them.

what series kore lift are you looking at? I would assume the pace kit? I would just try to make sure you are getting an apples vs apples quote. that $1795 is proably the race runner emulsion shock vs the bilstein 7100's with the pace kit. without verifing exactly what is included it is hard to make a judgement.

I will say the kore kit is nice but it is also more than most will need might be worth saveing the $750 and runnign the lorenz kit even if his advertising method seems cheesy to me.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:28 PM

I was thinking of either going with the race or the new unlimited. Im not concerned with the price much I just want the best. I did speak to the guys over at kelderman and they say they are working on a truck for baja. I like the adjustability of it but I am affraid that is as much just hype than a true performance suspension. I am very seriously interested in putting the glass bedsides and fenders on as I had them on my 98 1500 and really liked them. The price aint bad ($1200 for both) but they charge installation at $1000 just for the bedsides. I always want more than I need.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:42 PM

home much is the unlimited series? The kore is a better lift than the lorenz IMO so if money is no object go for it.

I question having this kind of lift on this heavy of vehicle but to each there own. last time I weighed my truck it over 7000lbs. I don't think I will (or want to for that matter) have it airborn anytime soon. I would want something lighter with more suspention travel but that is me.

you could build another truck fro the price of the unlimited lift. the kore is the nicest lift IMO if the 2.5" is enough for you.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:50 AM

If I am not mistake they did run FEA one the towers.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:34 AM

I think I had already made my decision I was just wondering what the Lorenz kits were all about it was new to me. I did see on TDR that the owner of Kore, Kent Kroeker replied on that site the other day that they are developing a new kit with a higher ride height for you guys that like to be real high. My personal goal is to run 37's with full suspension travel and there kits do that. Im pretty sure that I can get that without rubbing even under full compresion for the slow speed four wheelin if I go with the glass work on the truck.

My situation is that I work on the road and I travel all over the country with this truck and pulling my work trailer, and I have had the opportunity to four wheel, sledpull, drag, mud bog, baja, or whathavya if I can get the truck to where it will handle what I throw at her.

If I knew more about air bags that might help this decision cause that seems like the all around best solution for a true all-purpose truck. I dont however like the way that when you raise and lower the truck with the kelderman kit it moves your front axle over about 1 1/2" due to the draglink in the front. Their tech told me that they do use a drop pitman arm but that would also worry me becouse when your raised all the way up (6") that would be fine but when you drop back down to the stock height would'nt your drag link now be to low?

I guess I still have more research to go. I think I might try to talk to the guys at Kore and at Kelderman again and see what each recomends for my situation.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:34 PM

Yeah I am not expert but I have never been a fan of air ride stuff. If it were even equivently you would see it in racing/off road. you just don't though.

I would just wait for kore to come out ith a bit more lift. you really need about 5" min for 37's. now the glass fenders throw a varible in there. maybe 4" would be enough not sure.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:57 PM

I think if I remember right Kore told me that they raced the baja 1000 in 2004 with the exact race kit they sell with the stock offset tire in the stock class and with 37" Toyo mud and took third place. But Im not sure about that I read that a while back and it may have been a different offset. Im gonna be real interested in November this year to see how Kelderman's bag system fairs in the baja.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:50 AM

if im not mistaken, race runner shocks are built by sway away. i just got some with remote rezzys for my new lift.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:43 AM

That sounds right, I have seen them used on quite a few trucks in Dirt Sports magazine. Anybody on here ever seen the King spring/shock combos out there? Kind of a nice looking design but I sure do see them on alot of trailer queens and show trucks makes me wonder how they perform.

Let us know how you like those new shocks Rockitt. By the way how much were just shocks. Kore told me the shocks in the race kit are 500 bucks a piece.

Let me clarify an old statement Hognuts and say that I dont have any unlimited funds like I made in sound after rereading my old post. But i am willing to pay more for a better performance.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:29 AM

I run the King 2.5's and I'm really happy with 'em. It's all in the valving.

My shock guy does King and Fox, he says he likes the Kings a little better.
Kent says he's doing something different with the piston than what comes in the off the shelf Fox shocks, but I haven't seen one opened up. He's put a lot of work into dialing in spring rates and shock valving, that's alot of what you pay for with KORE.

Heard great things about King's coil over combos, also heard the Racerunners aren't all they're cracked up to be. I know the're more expensive than either Fox or King.

My personal opinion, which ain't worth much, is that Sean Lorenz's spring rate is WAY too high. I run a spring rate that's ~180# less than what Lorenz runs. My spring rate corresponds to about 20% softer than the OEM spring rate for a 2nd gen. IIRC, the 3rd gen rates are a little higher.

FYI, for a 2.5 shock, the Kings are about $100+ cheaper than the Fox....
Old 02-03-2006, 11:52 AM

this is an 8" lift/coilover conversion. I don't know anything about the company, but they use sway away coilovers. it says it allows for 37" tires and 40" with minor trimming. http://www.rockkrawler.com/ it is expensive though.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by PanteraGSTK
this is an 8" lift/coilover conversion. I don't know anything about the company, but they use sway away coilovers. it says it allows for 37" tires and 40" with minor trimming. http://www.rockkrawler.com/ it is expensive though.
That's pretty much the exact same suspension I have under my front end, except I didn't do coilovers. I'm with Kent Kroeker on that one, you bust a spring seat on a coil over and you go home on a flat bed.

Retail for the parts I have are about the same as rockkrawler.com's prerunner kit, but that same money got me King 2.5's all the way around, a track bar and x-over steering. Good thing I didn't pay retail for any of it...
That kit also uses emulsion shocks instead of rezzy shocks, so you're not getting the high dollar 2.5's.

That rear system looks pretty sweet though

Quick Reply: Lorenz lift?