3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Lorenz 5100 kit w/plush ride coils and dual purpose leafs

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lorenz 5100 kit w/plush ride coils and dual purpose leafs

Anyone have any experience with this kit and these upgrades?

I have some tax return money and am thinking about pulling the trigger on this deal. I want to make sure there will be enough ride quality improvement to justify the expense basically.

Also, since these plush coils lift the front 3" (instead of 2" like the other coils), do you think i'll need 1" blocks in the rear? It says the kit has .5 to 1.5" of lift in the rear, but I dont want the front to end up being higher than the rear. I can't stand that look LOL

Thoughts?
Old 02-09-2009, 05:01 PM

oh and how hard will this system be to install at home? anything i should be concerned about? Will the front end require re-alignment?

Thanks!
Old 02-09-2009, 09:55 PM

Talking Suspension

Not a great choice,Go with Carli Suspension and you will happy!
Old 02-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sixpack73

I have some tax return money and am thinking about pulling the trigger on this deal. I want to make sure there will be enough ride quality improvement to justify the expense basically.

Also, since these plush coils lift the front 3" (instead of 2" like the other coils), do you think i'll need 1" blocks in the rear? It says the kit has .5 to 1.5" of lift in the rear, but I dont want the front to end up being higher than the rear. I can't stand that look LOL

Thoughts?
What are plush ride coils? Never heard of those before! Sounds lil bit fishy to me..........
Old 02-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by J.Suplanski
Not a great choice,Go with Carli Suspension and you will happy!
Or go with Thuren and realize how awesome that dude rteally is!
Old 02-09-2009, 11:13 PM

Hey Sixpack, I was planning on the exact same setup. Not everyone needs 2.5" shocks and $5k in their suspension for bombing the desert. I just want a smooth ride with the soft leafs and coils and am not going on anything worse than buckled pavement and potholed lease roads. The plush IR coils and DP leafs are supposedly very soft in the initial few inches of travel.

The truck won't be higher in the front because it already sits 2-3" down from the factory. It'd be level without any lift in the back.

I've got our fleet shop for semis at my disposal so I'll be installing it myself, but I don't think it'd be that hard even in a driveway. The DP leafs are very heavy though and a second set of hands would be a help.

Once I get back home I'm going to order it up along with some nice wheels and Toyo AT rubber, in the mean time I'll be watching this thread.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:00 AM

if you are worried about the front being nose high - just install the system you want and if it looks good, then great. if it is nose high you can always add blocks or airbags. . .
Old 02-10-2009, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Sixpack73

Thoughts?

I have the same setup, but the 2" coils in lieu of the 3" plush IR Coils....

1. The 3" wont put the nose higher...it'll be just about level...not a concern from my perspective....i got the 2" becasue id didnt want 35" tires...just wanted the 34" that i have in my sig...less heavy and less drain on perf for very similiar look....
2. Big diff in ride quality....front doesnt bottom anymore like stock coils, rear is 1000 times better, lean in turns is reduced drastically, better handling,....and with the trackbar and dss - much tighter steering....

I'm not a desert bomber...jsut wanted a better ride and light offroad improvements...it deliverd for me, i would do it again w/o issue.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:22 AM

I have the Lorenz 2.25 kit with the DP rear springs. I very happy woth it. Its not hard to install, just get a coil spring compresser and a friend or two to help with the rear springs.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:48 AM
Banned

The Lorenz plush IR coils and DP leaves do ride really well on the street...you may consider bumping up to the 2.25" SAWs. You won't be disappointed!

--Eric
Old 02-11-2009, 06:34 AM

Where do you guys measure your trucks to see if it's level? I use the fender to the floor when I measure. The Kore front spring would have put my front end 1" higher in the front than the stock back end. With the mini pack and all the factory blocks, I'm 1/2" higher in the back now, that's the way I like it. I have a toolbox on my truck with some tools in it, but not enough to push the back end down an inch. So where do you guys measure?

All you need is a floor jack and some jack stands, and simple hand tools. And think about recentering the axle, I used lazersmiths offset bushings, perfect.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Shank
I have the Lorenz 2.25 kit with the DP rear springs. I very happy woth it. Its not hard to install, just get a coil spring compresser and a friend or two to help with the rear springs.
Mine was just delivered. Any tips?
Old 04-08-2009, 10:21 PM

Get a trackbar to recenter your front axle and have someone help with the rear leafs.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:32 AM

i have the lorenz 5100 leveling kit with a 6% coil. rides like a caddy and soaks up bumps and potholes great. i would def get an adj trackbar.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:02 AM
Banned

Mine was just delivered. Any tips?
I would paint everything before you put it in...or at least get some Rust-o-leum Clear Coat gloss enamel and spray several coats on everything. The coils will probably start rusting within a year, and they're a pain to paint when installed. The same goes for the rear leaves.

Take the sway bar loose first before jacking the truck off the ground.

Allow at least an 1.5" for the limit straps to stretch once wet and broken in to avoid pulling those shocks apart.

Don't run larger than 35" tires with this kit.

Make sure you put the rubber isolator back on top of the new Lorenz coils.

Enjoy!

--Eric

Quick Reply: Lorenz 5100 kit w/plush ride coils and dual purpose leafs