3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

looking for old crazylarry program

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking for old crazylarry program

hey guys had 2.2.7 in my truck for about a year and upgraded to 2.3.2 and i hate it,tranny hunts going from 2-3 and now where i upgraded my computer killed my old program.anything out there better and where can i find 2.2.7 thanks for any help
Old 01-14-2007, 07:46 PM

I have 2.2.7. The only problrm is it is in CA and I am in ID. I will be back home Tuesday if you still need it. Otherwise, I would think Bully Dog could provide you the software you need.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:21 PM
DTR Advertiser

David check your e mail. 2.2.7 should be there twice. You need to fill your signature under user cp. Tim
Old 01-14-2007, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Timinva
David check your e mail. 2.2.7 should be there twice. You need to fill your signature under user cp. Tim
I have a question for you. Do the flux 4s produce much smoke? How do you like the dual cp3 kit? thanks
Old 01-15-2007, 02:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Timinva
looks like tim hooked someone up again! he emailed me 2.2.7.....Thanks again.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:55 AM

If possible could I possibly get the old Crazy Larry 2.2.7 version from someone? I am in the same boat with 2.3.2 (cant stand the shifting problems). Thanks in advance.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by 973604x4
looks like tim hooked someone up again! he emailed me 2.2.7.....Thanks again.
so you are saying the upgraded crazy larry shifts goofy, scary larry that you just got is what you are talkin about? If so I will just run the program I have
Old 01-15-2007, 05:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jwb600
so you are saying the upgraded crazy larry shifts goofy, scary larry that you just got is what you are talkin about? If so I will just run the program I have
updated Crazy Larry has shifting issues....2.3.2 shifts funny.

2.2.7 is the best Crazy Larry version IMO.

SCARY LARRY shifts funny too. I can drive around it by not feathering the throttle...just either GO or don't go. Scary Larry is pretty violent actually....after dyno and a few runs down the 1/4 mile, i may be looking for something else more suitable for daily driving.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by 973604x4
updated Crazy Larry has shifting issues....2.3.2 shifts funny.

2.2.7 is the best Crazy Larry version IMO.

SCARY LARRY shifts funny too. I can drive around it by not feathering the throttle...just either GO or don't go. Scary Larry is pretty violent actually....after dyno and a few runs down the 1/4 mile, i may be looking for something else more suitable for daily driving.
ive got another question for you. I talked to the guy that has a tranny for sale (dtt) he said that he has a single lock up converter that the dtt sold him. what is your tq conv.? how has it held up?
thanks for the info
Old 01-15-2007, 11:25 PM
Banned

ive got another question for you. I talked to the guy that has a tranny for sale (dtt) he said that he has a single lock up converter that the dtt sold him. what is your tq conv.? how has it held up?
thanks for the info
single disc converter. almost all DTT converters are single disc. they only recomend a triple disk for sped pulling.

A loose triple disc is better for sled pulling because: loose is good because the high revving gets turbos lighted quicker and easier...and there is more suface area to grip and go is why the triple is needed.

triple disc converters are slower on the street because...if nothing else, they are heavier. single disc converters are faster on the street because they lock up and go faster at lower rpm than triple discs...

for $400 more DTT will build a triple disc...thats no secret. They do suggest it for the sled pulling application and that application only....as i understand it. my tranny still has no trash in the pan even after shattering a stock flex plate....single disc for me forever!

now the actuator problems on 05+ trucks is annoying....and if any company has a solution for that, i want to see it!
Old 01-16-2007, 03:15 AM

thanks for the info 97360 I was wondering about some of the tranny stuff. Im not decided fully im what im doing yet. I do have a suncoast flexplate to install when I get a upgraded tranny. Every single tranny guy ive talked to says get an aftermarket flexplate and at least a billet input.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:24 AM
Banned

thanks for the info 97360 I was wondering about some of the tranny stuff. Im not decided fully im what im doing yet. I do have a suncoast flexplate to install when I get a upgraded tranny. Every single tranny guy ive talked to says get an aftermarket flexplate and at least a billet input.
yea good call. I was cheap and opted to not have a billet flex the first time....and i paid for it when i blew my stock plate up!

DTT does NOT recomend using Suncoast Flex plates with their converter. I do not know exactly why....but they say the suncoast plate will tear up pumps.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:39 PM

thats nice to know. Ive been told suncoast stuff was good. Ive already got this one bought. Ive talked to HTS alot and they are closer. Im leaning towards them. I dont wanna drive across the world to get it done. Thanks for the info again. hows the weather in TX? Its cold in Indiana,its been raining.
Im ready for snow, tired of the rain.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Banned

thats nice to know. Ive been told suncoast stuff was good. Ive already got this one bought. Ive talked to HTS alot and they are closer. Im leaning towards them. I dont wanna drive across the world to get it done. Thanks for the info again. hows the weather in TX? Its cold in Indiana,its been raining.
Im ready for snow, tired of the rain.
sleet/snow/rain mix right now. has been for over 24 hours now...and expected for atleast 12 more hours. Texas A&M closed down today due to weather...most places in town are closed. roads are icy....and since it ices in texas maybe once a year, no one knows how to drive in the ice or snow so it makes for total chaos.

oh well, us students are just enjoyin loungin around for a few days
Old 01-17-2007, 12:00 AM

you are the man if you can afford to go to College and buy all the parts for that trk. Im digging deep for this tranny and I work full time, w/no rent or house payments.

Quick Reply: looking for old crazylarry program