3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Look what I got in the mail today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 07:40 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by rip 112
Awesome...now you'll be anxious to get it on fast. Seeing it in person makes you wanna hear it in person!!!
I'm thinking about calling in... something... to stay home and put it on.
Originally Posted by Eddy Reyes
Congrats Devildog, if I was closer I would be there to learn how to wrench one of them and to help with the Coronas. Enjoy
BARK! Actually, they were bud light limes, not my drink of choice, but free, so I was wearing them out...

Originally Posted by homewrecker
Your the first member on here I've seen go with the 16ss housing.Shouldn't have any issues with drive pressures!
I got talked into it... they didn't have to talk very hard! We'll see what it does...
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Sorry it took so long to get it to you Mark, maybe it will be worth the wait
I hope so, too! Oh, did I mention, I got this from the DTR Store and the lovely sales person... wait... that was Lary in a pair of hot pants...
Originally Posted by CamperAndy
I see from the BBQ you are a leg man so I will have to skip as I am more of a breast fancier myself.
Have another cold one and enjoy the new suck, squeeze, bang and blow thing.
Oh, no... I'm a breast man, let me tell you what!

I actually ended up stripping all that chicken off the bone and making some BBQ chicken sammiches... the chicken just keep falling off the bone...

Originally Posted by Bark
Its beautiful! Hope you wiped off all the drool from the rest of us before you mounted it.
I cried a little, too.
Originally Posted by jmccart
Drinking Coronas in front of your children is terrible parenting. I am using Tecates.
Again... BL lime..., but I can see why you'd confuse it... I usually drink Budweiser in front of them...
Originally Posted by TexasCTD
Congrats Mark! It sure looks pretty.

Thanks! Very...

Originally Posted by Patriot2500
Sweet deal Mark. Now get out of the pool, pass me a Corona, and get to wrenchin!!

You better be holdin the manifold with the other hand! I said drink, eat, and work!

I had a dream last night about installing it... it was a good one too, because I got it in no problem...

Thanks for the warm wishes, guys. Please feel free to live through me and my new turbo...
Old 07-17-2008, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok since everyone else is blowing smoke up your ... well you know. i will be the first to tell how i honestly feel. you suck ... only cause i'm jealous and wish times we different and i had a wife as understanding as yours so i could have one too. let us know about the install and how the seat of the pants dyno feels the upgrade.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:28 AM

Dang, yard bird and cold beer. Heck I would just do it for you right quick but I'm about 2000 miles away. Closest I've been is Tank Hill at FT. Jackson in 1986.

BTW, I like the insignia on the grill. At least that's what I think it is.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:22 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Have fun......It's not a bad install. If you get stumped, I'll see if I can come over and help if needed. Weekends for me are busy, lots of horses to tend to.... and ride.....
Old 07-17-2008, 04:18 PM

that turbo sure is purdy, let us know how much different the truck is after the install
Old 07-17-2008, 05:28 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Oh, don't worry... I will... probably a vid too...
Old 07-18-2008, 10:48 AM

Get it on yet?

What did you do all last night? Come on!

That is what shop lights are for!
Old 07-18-2008, 12:54 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Sorry, dude... I don't want to be working far into the night... electronics are not a good thing to be playing with during the day when you are wore out...

Depending on the weather, I'm going to pull everything off tonight in preperation for tomorrow am...
Old 07-18-2008, 02:13 PM
tcr

Looks awesome man congratulations; COLD BEER and BLOW UP POOLS!
Oh, the turbo is cool too, let us know how the spooling and EGTs are affected.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:45 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

I am about to go start the tear down process...

TCR... I plan on doing a before and after...

BEER!!!
Old 07-18-2008, 06:16 PM
Banned

Mad hat, Do yourself a favor and set your wastegate with compress air on the bench. TRUST ME! I had that turbo(awesome) last year it worked well with everything. Adjusting the actuating rod while its on the truck sucks. 48-50psi worked awesome for cooling
Old 07-19-2008, 12:31 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Hey, Blue... thanks for the tip... I almost have it ready to install... boys, let me tell you, I am broke off!!! I started at about 6, and I got done removing the stock turbo and manifold, and installed the manifold on the new turbo at about 12... I have the gaskets drying now, used a little RVT...

Here's where the pics are...

http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd151/madhatDTR/
Old 07-19-2008, 01:03 AM
Always a day late, and a dollar short.

Here's a tip for tripping back in the hole. Easiest to bolt up the oil return tube first. Just enough room for an arm and index finger to get the bolt closest to the engine. 2nd pair of hands had to poke the bolt up in the hole w/ a magnet while I started it with my index fingers. Then used a modified 8mm gear wrench to tighten it. At least that's how mine was. Might have to cut the exhaust hangars and slide the exhaust system back also.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:22 AM

Why did you unhook that black line from the firewall and side of engine block??
Old 07-19-2008, 07:48 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

The heater core hose? One of the mounts for it was bolted to the manifold, and I could not get enough flex to get the bracket all the way off the stud, so I had to pull it.

Definatly easier to pull the manifold, I could not get the stocker out without doing it.

Couple of other things I would like to report on.

I'm gonna look at the oil drain tube this am, but it was not hard at all to get off, maybe due to the size of the turbo it will be hard to get on again. I did not really see how it came out of the block last night, but I was pretty drunk, and it was dark.

Now, I gotta figure out what bolt goes where.

I'm off to get some more oil and antifreeze...

Quick Reply: Look what I got in the mail today!!!