3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Little update

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Justice4all
Sounds like a boost leak around one of your boots. They will whine like a siren if you don't get the clamps tight.
Brent, Chris and I talked about that today... man I had those clamps TIGHT dude, and I even double...tripled checked them to be sure they were tight! So I might have a hole in the boot some where! Im gonna pull it off Sunday and see what I can find!
Old 02-20-2009, 08:14 PM

I tightened the allen bolt about 2 more times and now I am seeing 48 psi. I am happy with that much because I don't have studs.And also because the motor was still hot when I was trying to get in there to tighten the bolt. I only see 48 in Overdrive after 75 mph. Before that I am sitting at 44 psi. I am now trying to mess with some Smarty settings and EZ. Time for some 150 HP sticks at least. Since I have a 03-04 truck. I will post a video on here tomorrow at around 2 p.m. Pacific Time of in cab acceleration.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:17 PM

Try putting some water on it and see if it is bubbling or something somewhere when you get the turbo back. My truck only sounds like a cop siren when I start it up. 1st time I started the truck with the new turbo, I thought a cop heard the truck and turned on his Siren. I have to admit the truck sounds so amazing with this turbo. I thought the truck would get quieter, but the drone is worse. The truck does sound deeper and the whistle is WOW.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by fordassassin
I tightened the allen bolt about 2 more times and now I am seeing 48 psi. I am happy with that much because I don't have studs.And also because the motor was still hot when I was trying to get in there to tighten the bolt. I only see 48 in Overdrive after 75 mph. Before that I am sitting at 44 psi. I am now trying to mess with some Smarty settings and EZ. Time for some 150 HP sticks at least. Since I have a 03-04 truck. I will post a video on here tomorrow at around 2 p.m. Pacific Time of in cab acceleration.
NICE!! Joey glad that thing is workin for ya dude, how is the spool up for ya?
Cant wait to see the vid!

I did talk to Lloyd for ya, Ill shoot ya a PM!
Old 02-20-2009, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by fordassassin
Try putting some water on it and see if it is bubbling or something somewhere when you get the turbo back. My truck only sounds like a cop siren when I start it up. 1st time I started the truck with the new turbo, I thought a cop heard the truck and turned on his Siren. I have to admit the truck sounds so amazing with this turbo. I thought the truck would get quieter, but the drone is worse. The truck does sound deeper and the whistle is WOW.
Dude my truck got alot louder too, I dont have to much drone but man you lay on the skinny peddle and it gets loud!
Old 02-20-2009, 08:37 PM
Banned

make a presurized tester for your truck, find a fernco cap, and a tire valve that bolts on from the inside. bolt valve in middle of fernco cap, place cap on inlet side of turboput a few psi in to the system and spray with soapy water anywhere a leak could possibly be, also listen to hear of any........ liste under, in front and on top of intercooler, around boots........do not put a lot of psi in there, 20/ 30 tops. when ya get er all done, ya gonna see what ya improved on the humbler ? spring fling can't be too far away!
Old 02-20-2009, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by mikmaze
make a presurized tester for your truck, find a fernco cap, and a tire valve that bolts on from the inside. bolt valve in middle of fernco cap, place cap on inlet side of turboput a few psi in to the system and spray with soapy water anywhere a leak could possibly be, also listen to hear of any........ liste under, in front and on top of intercooler, around boots........do not put a lot of psi in there, 20/ 30 tops. when ya get er all done, ya gonna see what ya improved on the humbler ? spring fling can't be too far away!
Yep, I might do that, Chris mentioned this as well!

You dang skippy Im gonna be back on the ol' humbler, I think Spring Fling is in
May, cant wait!

Whats a good HP guess? Hope to have a CP3 up grade and some EH 110hp injectors by then!
Old 02-20-2009, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bswope
Yep, I might do that, Chris mentioned this as well!

You dang skippy Im gonna be back on the ol' humbler, I think Spring Fling is in
May, cant wait!

Whats a good HP guess? Hope to have a CP3 up grade and some EH 110hp injectors by then!
i just came across this thread and i hate to hear all the problems you're having buddy hopefully all will be well once you get that turbo back!!

on a side note where exactly is spring fling at? i'd like to make it out ithere if i can get off work
Old 02-20-2009, 10:45 PM

Buddy...........Hey Bro, MIGHT be thinking WAY OUTTA DA BOX...Do you have plastic ends on your AIR to AIR ????
Old 02-21-2009, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by smoke19D
i just came across this thread and i hate to hear all the problems you're having buddy hopefully all will be well once you get that turbo back!!

on a side note where exactly is spring fling at? i'd like to make it out ithere if i can get off work
Jason Its in DIllsburg PA, not sure of a date yet!!!! I hope you can make it dude!!

Originally Posted by Riflemanusmc
Buddy...........Hey Bro, MIGHT be thinking WAY OUTTA DA BOX...Do you have plastic ends on your AIR to AIR ????
Preston I have the Alum. ends on mine, Dodge switched back in 05.5 I think!!
Old 02-21-2009, 06:36 AM
Banned

lets see, since the last time you were strapped tothe humbler, you went up on turbo, and stix, and talking pump upgrades, I say at least 170 over your last pull. I hope to make it as well, I got a date in a garage in Haggerstown myself ! and plan to make spring fling as well. What do you have the wastegate setting at in the smarty program, I missed that in the read ? (and not sure how that works fully )
Old 02-21-2009, 09:00 AM

lets see, since the last time you were strapped tothe humbler, you went up on turbo, and stix, and talking pump upgrades, I say at least 170 over your last pull. I hope to make it as well, I got a date in a garage in Haggerstown myself ! and plan to make spring fling as well. What do you have the wastegate setting at in the smarty program, I missed that in the read ? (and not sure how that works fully )
Hey Mike,
Ill get back with ya on that, Im at my parents house logged in and I have a 1/2 of a beef to wrap and get in the freezer!
Old 02-22-2009, 03:19 AM

Sorry guys,I didn't forget about the video. Just that the USB that plugs into the Video Camera broke a pin inside of it and now I am trying to figure another way to load it onto the computer and then photobucket.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:19 AM

So you have a date at Lloyd's shop in Hagerstown?

Since I have a new turbo the electronic wastegate of the stock turbo is not needed and needs to be turned off in the Smarty so the CEL dosent stay on,
I have the stock turbo solenoid zipped tie up cause you still need to have the solenoid off the stock turbo plugged in and zip tied up somewhere or the CEL light will stay on even if you have the wastegate turned off in the Smarty.

I think I would fall over if I seen a 170hp pull over my last one of 488hp!
I dont have the injectors yet but Im hoping to have them and my CP3 upgraded by Spring Fling!
Old 02-22-2009, 10:58 AM

Spring Fling sounds like a good time...

But it's like 5 1/2 hour drive for me...

Quick Reply: Little update