3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Little Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Little Help

I have a k&n intake and i was wondering if you could put a amsoil dry filter or a dry filter that would fit in it's place? I have also heard that the oil can get into your turbo from the k&n filter?
Old 09-20-2007, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought my truck used with a K&N in the stock box , it had a residue on the intake blades , I switched to a BHAF & outwears - no airbox - saw that it was that it was turning gray from getting wet , then at a dyno day one of local Amsoil guys had a cone style Ea filter so thats been on there for almost a yr , now my millage is down and am going to install a vacuum gauge to see , I haven't cleaned it so I can not blame the Ea filter , my guess is that it has such small holes for air that it may plug sooner , so need more frequent cleaning , if I can remember , I'll get back to ya with results of tests.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:50 AM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you over oil any oil style filter you can end up with oil being drawn into your turbo. The oil itself isnt going to hurt too much, but you still shouldnt have that. The filters do work well, K&N isnt the best one, but as long as they are not over oiled there is no issues.